Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2020, 12:51 AM   #721

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-canuck View Post
We would like to replace the couch with something that is better to sleep on for guests. - if anyone has replaced these please let us know what you got and how it is working out.
We haven't used it for sleeping yet, but we just replaced the sofabed in our 2015 Windjammer 3001. It had the problem with the cracking upholstery and the left arm (nearest the table on our floorplan) had been cracked when someone sat on the arm. I prefer the new mechanism for fold-out, and it seems like it will be decent for sleeping. We do have an air mattress that can go on top if it is needed.

Here's the information on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CZTRI0I
david_reaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:57 AM   #722
MCTroy

Steve, we replaced both our recliners and couch. We didn't like those big heavy lazy boy brown leather chairs in the trailer. They look better in DH man cave. Lazy boy makes a smaller lighter recliner. It comes apart so they were easy to get into the trailer. The original trifold sofa bed was bad to sleep on. I found a nice bifold sofa from another forum member. Brand new and it fits great. Good luck! We really like our new look with the lighter furniture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200530_163112.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	319.0 KB
ID:	233519  
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:04 AM   #723

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post
Steve, we replaced both our recliners and couch. We didn't like those big heavy lazy boy brown leather chairs in the trailer. They look better in DH man cave. Lazy boy makes a smaller lighter recliner. It comes apart so they were easy to get into the trailer. The original trifold sofa bed was bad to sleep on. I found a nice bifold sofa from another forum member. Brand new and it fits great. Good luck! We really like our new look with the lighter furniture.
I absolutely love our La-Z-Boy recliners I have taken many a nap and slept several nights in them.

The couch is another thing. While we rarely have a need to use it for guests, it’s not that comfortable for sleeping. I can’t do without that storage area beneath it, though. Is there a better sleep sofa with a storage drawer that will fit?

Bruce
Old 07-09-2020, 11:40 AM   #724

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I absolutely love our La-Z-Boy recliners I have taken many a nap and slept several nights in them.

The couch is another thing. While we rarely have a need to use it for guests, it’s not that comfortable for sleeping. I can’t do without that storage area beneath it, though. Is there a better sleep sofa with a storage drawer that will fit?

Bruce

We have 2015 3025 Platinum and we had the sofa recovered. Since I completely changed the color scheme I recovered the cornice, made curtains and painted over the wallpaper decor. Turned out pretty good I think Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1321.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	355.7 KB
ID:	233533Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1379.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	233534
Nelsongal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 01:22 PM   #725
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsongal View Post
We have 2015 3025 Platinum and we had the sofa recovered. Since I completely changed the color scheme I recovered the cornice, made curtains and painted over the wallpaper decor. Turned out pretty good I think Attachment 233533Attachment 233534
Looks very nice. I think I might like the 3025W layout better than the 3008W.
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 08:01 PM   #726

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_reaves View Post
We haven't used it for sleeping yet, but we just replaced the sofabed in our 2015 Windjammer 3001. It had the problem with the cracking upholstery and the left arm (nearest the table on our floorplan) had been cracked when someone sat on the arm. I prefer the new mechanism for fold-out, and it seems like it will be decent for sleeping. We do have an air mattress that can go on top if it is needed.

Here's the information on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CZTRI0I

David
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately that is too small for our space. Will keep looking.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:08 PM   #727

Quote:

Thanks MCTroy that recliner is exactly what I am looking for. My problem has been finding one that fits when u need to put the slide in. Do you know the model # on that?
Old 07-19-2020, 08:10 PM   #728

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post

Bruce

Bruce
We do like the storage drawer but would willingly give it up for a better couch. Plus we have had a hard time keeping ours anchored down. It has pulled up the screws every time. Need to find a better way to fasten it.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:24 AM   #729
MCTroy

Quote:
Thanks MCTroy that recliner is exactly what I am looking for. My problem has been finding one that fits when u need to put the slide in. Do you know the model # on that?
I will try to pull the receipt for these and get you the model. They came from Ashley Furniture and weren't expensive. I do wish they had the zero wall option when reclining but since they are light weight, i can pull them out as needed. That also helps when bringing the slides in. These easily fit when turned side ways back to back and I bring the dining room and big kitchen slide in. I will try to find the model number for you.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:25 AM   #730
MCTroy

Nelsongal -I like your new decor! The color looks great. What did type of paint or prep did you use on the walls?
Old 07-20-2020, 07:01 PM   #731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsongal View Post
We have 2015 3025 Platinum and we had the sofa recovered. Since I completely changed the color scheme I recovered the cornice, made curtains and painted over the wallpaper decor. Turned out pretty good I think

Nelsongal
That looks great. Nice to have the skills to do it so well.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:30 PM   #732

WJ-3006WK

Love my Windjammer! Have a 2015 3006wk that I bought new in May 2014. Have had very few problems overall. Most were all minor and fixed in the first year under warranty.

I did remove the electric stabilizer jacks (which were terrible) and replace them with scissor jacks. I even installed two in the middle of the trailer for 6 total. The ole drill is just as fast deploying them! Also added the steady fast jack stabilizers and have very little movement when set up.

I finally added a parking pad at my house so finally have my camper at home instead of a storage lot. Wish I would have done that sooner!
420brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:33 AM   #733

Quote:
Nelsongal -I like your new decor! The color looks great. What did type of paint or prep did you use on the walls?

Here are the steps I used to paint the wallpaper. Clean and let completely dry, lightly sand with light weight sandpaper, a coat adhesive paint (I used Gripper by PPG) let dry for 24 hours. This is used so that the interior paint color will adhere and hopefully not peel. You can use the interior paint of your choice. It was a much easier process than I thought-but of course I didn’t do the entire insider just a portion.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #734

Quote:
Nelsongal
That looks great. Nice to have the skills to do it so well.

Oops. I replied to wrong post.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:45 AM   #735

have a 2015 forest river windjammer rockwood model 2819 and haven't been able to get the weight distribution system figured out yet. I just bought it last month and am taking it out for 1st trip next week. I have a 2016 ford f150 with 3.5 echo boost super crew cab with 5.5 bed. the book says don't use built in sway control and manual sway control together. i have tried both at different times trying to figure out the best way,. the built in one seems to do better but at speeds over 60mph kicks in and slows me down. I am not sure that i have wds set up right. any comments will help
Thanks
Larry
larwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:49 AM   #736

Smile windjammer owners

It is nice to know that there is a forum for those of us who own windjammers. I look forward to reading messages.
Larry Davis
2015 windjammer rockwood 2819 vs with 2016 f-150 3.5 echo boost
Old 08-02-2020, 06:44 AM   #737

Quote:
Originally Posted by larwil View Post
It is nice to know that there is a forum for those of us who own windjammers. I look forward to reading messages.
Larry Davis
2015 windjammer rockwood 2819 vs with 2016 f-150 3.5 echo boost
I’m happy I started this thread almost six years ago. At that time I never thought it would still be going in 2020. I’ve followed this thread the entire time (even when I was suspended for 3 months) and read every post.

What really amazes me about this thread is, there are hardly any posts where people have mentioned having any significant problems with their Windjammer. When I started this thread I was sure there would be numerous posts from people talking about problems they had and saying they would never consider buying another Windjammer, but overall, it seems to be quite the opposite — so many people would want nothing other than their current Windjammer or would never consider buying anything other than a Windjammer when the time came for a new RV — it’s a real shame, though, that Rockwood discontinued the Windjammer line and I still can’t wrap my head around why they did this. I spoke with people at Rockwood on several occasions to try to find out why, but each person gave me a different reason, so I still don’t know the real reasons for why they did this.

I hope this thread stays alive long enough to see the resurrection of the Windjammer, but I have a feeling Rockwood has no intentions of bringing back the best line of trailers they ever produced. But when there are so many people out there who are willing to spend their money on substandard RVs that can’t be built quick enough to keep up with the demand, why would Rockwood even consider bringing back the Windjammer? I expect to still be in my current Windjammer for many more years.

Bruce
Old 08-02-2020, 07:18 AM   #738
MCTroy

Larry, I cannot offer much advice about setting up your WDH. Sorry. I can tell you we use both a WDH and a separate sway bar on our rig. Honestly, we don't notice a big difference with the added sway bar but feel it is good insurance in case of bad weather. Not sure how a sway bar would slow you down over 60 mph?
Old 08-02-2020, 07:34 AM   #739

My wife and I are on our 3rd summer of owning a 2016 3029 which we bought one year old from Berryland on I-10 in Louisiana. We actually went to the Dealer to tour a used Ultralite. We were already sold on Rockwood and rear-living. I walked past a V-nose in the row over and said, "I'd never buy one of those stupid v-noses". The used one went went down there to see was rough, had a water leak front window, so we started walking around looking at other units. My wife disappeared and in 10 minutes,said, "You gotta see this!" A triple slide, sure, but the v-nose.
IT was LOVE at first sight. This was June of 2017 and looking at a 2016 that had been sold to a person as part of the Baton Rouge great flood as temp housing while their house was repaired. We got an incredible deal - they even gave us a brand new Serta King mattress which we later modified our BR slide side shelves to accommodate.
No ownership issues. Replaced tires with Carlisle "E"s, larger 12v deep cycle and box.
Just love the TT. Curt WDH with detent centering works well. 2012 Silverado 5.3 Extcab with ARE tonneau we had bought to tow the 85 Excella Airstream is not quite enuff truck to tow this 7,700# unit, so we stay close to home and it does fine. It is an ALL STAR 10,500# full tow equipped-package, the Z-72. We still want a bigger truck.
The Windjammer 3029 is the IDEAL couples extended living TT. ALL on "one-level" too. No 5th wheel steps. I pulled the Dometic 310 toilet and put in the longer bowl 320. Ours came with LVGRM 15K and 13.5K BR A/C's thus making Louisiana use possible. We run the opposite unit to where we are for quiet comfort and the duct-work is great feature. We just totally love our Diamond. We too wondered why Rockwood dropped the line and I have a theory. Like my 30-40 Kraag rifle, if you have ever seen one, you'll know why the 1903 Springfield was adopted. The cost of production of the Kraag was huge compared to the latter rifle. Now, the Kragg is a total delight to operate and shoot and I can drive tacks with it, but to build that side-loader was twice the machining... Windjammers were just built "too-well". I suppose the nose was considered an unnecessary expense too. You can still buy the flat-nose floorplan equivalent, an 82XX something for about 40K driveoff. We concluded our unit was around 38K off the lot in 2016 - we were 24K out the door, no trade, clean deal back in 2017. Let someone else eat that first year of depreciation. I have to thank whoever gently lived in our unit that first year as they really left no tracks of their having been there aside from the outdoor BBQ. Inside storage is truly amazing. The walk-in front closet is a wonder to behold. I think my wife and I were very fortunate to have stumbled into that "v-nose" I initially turned my nose up at...............
Old Forester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:54 AM   #740

Quote:
Larry, I cannot offer much advice about setting up your WDH. Sorry. I can tell you we use both a WDH and a separate sway bar on our rig. Honestly, we don't notice a big difference with the added sway bar but feel it is good insurance in case of bad weather. Not sure how a sway bar would slow you down over 60 mph?
the electronic sway bar applies pressure to each wheel and slows it down if it starts swaying. msg flashes on dash alerting you.

Tags
windjammer