Old 09-17-2020, 06:00 PM   #1

Andersen WDH Measurements for Mini Lite 2511S

I am waiting on my Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S to arrive at the dealer. I want to purchase an Andersen WDH before I drive 150 miles to pick it up. The Andersen requires several measurements and I have not been able to find them for the 2511. I looked on Forest Rivers website and I called the customer support line without any luck. If someone has a similar model and can list the measurements or if you already own an Andersen WDH for yours, I would appreciate the help.

Rack Drop Rise Length:
Distance to bottom of Coupler when level:

Name:   Bottom of Coupler.png
Views: 278
Size:  10.1 KB

Bracket Size:
A) Vertical Width of Trailer Frame:

B) Height from Ground to Top of Frame:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Frame.png
Views:	46
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	239371
TxRockwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:28 PM   #2

Congratulations and Welcome from New Jersey on your New 2511s,We have the same and really enjoy it, Unfortunately I use the Blue ox system and don't think any of my measurements will help you.
Chris Pastuzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Pastuzyn View Post
Congratulations and Welcome from New Jersey on your New 2511s,We have the same and really enjoy it, Unfortunately I use the Blue ox system and don't think any of my measurements will help you.
Thank you for the warm welcome. We are really looking forward to getting back into the world of camping and the 2511s seems like it will be an excellent camper for just the two of us. We have had 5th wheels and F250s in the past, so this will be our first TT pulling with a Raptor.

If you can measure your frame height and the distance from the ground to the to the coupler when level, that will definitely help me to order the correct Andersen WDH.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:58 PM   #4

Sorry for the late reply, Hope this helps, It truly is a perfect couples unit,And a Husky. Let me know if I can help further. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200918_175502.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	239425
Old 09-18-2020, 08:35 PM   #5

Thanks! This will help me a lot!
Old 09-18-2020, 08:39 PM   #6

Your gonna luv this camper,
Old 09-19-2020, 01:43 PM   #7

Welcome to the 2511s. Great camper, was planned out well, no wasted space. I'm using a FastWay e2 WDH so not sure this will help, but I can give you some level measurements if that helps.
19" to bottom of 5" frame.
22" to bottom of coupler.
Bring some heavy wrenches along, we set up my son's wdh on site when he picked up his used Salem last year.
Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:27 PM   #8

After talking with several other RVers and reviewing multiple videos on the different options, I have pivoted to the Blue Ox Swaypro 1000. The Andersen design does not provide enough weight distribution, as compared to the Blue Ox or Equalizer WDH. I will be towing with my Gen 2 Ford Raptor, so I need a solution that provides 50/50 distribution rather than 70/30 for the Andersen. I called Andersen and they confirmed their WDH can only move 30% of the weight to your front axle on lighter campers. Heavier campers have an even lower weight distribution due to their lack of bars.

Thanks again for the measurements!

Tags
lite, mini lite