Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2018, 04:28 PM   #1

Anderson Levelers fine for Flagstaff 23LB (Rockwood 2306)?

Just want to make sure the Anderson's are not too long. Anyone use Anderson's with the Mini Lite 2306 or the Camco one's?
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:57 PM   #2
rbq

Use them on my Roo. They are too long to fit between the wheels so had to trim a little off of the end. If you do a search for them you will find pics of this modification. Even Anderson gives you instructions on how much you can remove & have them still. work.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:08 PM   #3

I have a 2018 Rockwood Roo and decided to go with the camco levelers. I’ll be using them in a few weeks so hopefully they work well
mpotapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:52 AM   #4

I use them on a Rockwood 8310. I did have cut quite a bit off to make them work but they do work very good.
GSPguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #5
Grammar Pedant

Mini and Micro Lites' axles are too close together to use Anderson levelers without modification/trimming. Camco has a knock-off that fits without trimming.

If you search here, you will find more information about trimming, including photos of people's trimmed Anderson levelers.

Good luck.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #6

Andersen levelers

I got a set for Christmas. I cut them down to fit between the tires on our 2014 2304KS. I used my stationary belt sander to taper the cuts. The back side of one needs to be tapered to fit up against the rear tire.
I used thm for the first time yesterday when we set up.
They worked FABULOUSLY.
Much better than pulling forward and backward multiple times to stack the appropriate amount of pads to level the trailer. And not having enough pads to jack it high enough.
Denny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #7

I've got a 2306, the Andersens are awesome, work great.... BUT I did have to cut quite a bit off of one of them. As long as you're prepared with a decent saw to hack one up until it fits, you'll be happy. As-is out of the bag, the middle one won't even begin to fit.
bradyfumbled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #8

Cut the Andersons down to the first side hole and they work fine.

2019 Ford F-250 Super Cab 6.2L Lariat
2016 ML23FB (Sold March 2024)
2024 ML25SRK
MT Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:36 PM   #9

Anderson levelers on 2012 Windjammer 3008W

I have been using them over 4 years now and love them. I did have to trim one to fit between the wheels but it was easy!
brodriques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #10

I did cut both of mine because I wanted them to lift the rig uniformly. And I did have to go back and forth, checking the fit until it was just right. (Thank Goodness it's right in the driveway) but, as I said, I used them for the first time yesterday and they were AWESOME!
I have 2 sets of the pads, and would have needed a third set to get the height I needed, and got, from the Andersens.
Denny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk70 View Post
Just want to make sure the Anderson's are not too long. Anyone use Anderson's with the Mini Lite 2306 or the Camco one's?
I have used the Anderson Brand for a year now and had to cut one down for our 2604ws, but I think the Camco brand might work even better. I found that any time it was raining and the levelers were wet, they tended to scoot out from under the tires on some surfaces. I tried to roughen them up a bit for more traction to no avail. Finally spent $ on some 4-inch wide, sticky-back 3M sandpaper stairway tread and placed it on top and bottom of the levelers to solve the "scoot" problem.

The Camco brand has a vertical honeycomb pattern that I think would grip the tires better and would not slip out as easily. The Camco brand came out after I got my Andersons and was less expensive at the time as well--not aware of the current price.

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. . .I guess."
Red Green
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfossilman View Post
I have used the Anderson Brand for a year now and had to cut one down for our 2604ws, but I think the Camco brand might work even better. I found that any time it was raining and the levelers were wet, they tended to scoot out from under the tires on some surfaces. I tried to roughen them up a bit for more traction to no avail. Finally spent $ on some 4-inch wide, sticky-back 3M sandpaper stairway tread and placed it on top and bottom of the levelers to solve the "scoot" problem.

The Camco brand has a vertical honeycomb pattern that I think would grip the tires better and would not slip out as easily. The Camco brand came out after I got my Andersons and was less expensive at the time as well--not aware of the current price.

I’ll get to try the Camco ones out when I bring my camper home next weekend to dewinterize it. I’ll let you know how they work.
mpotapa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2306, 23lb, flagstaff, rockwood