Old 02-12-2020, 11:37 PM   #1

another stabilizer question

Do the electric stabilizers work if the parking pad is not level? Can the stabilizer on one side come down farther than the other? If not, what do you do when camping and the ground is uneven? thanks

flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:04 AM   #2

Yes, if you have your camper leveled with blocks or whatever you use under your wheels, then the stabilizer that reaches ground first will pause until the other side catches up. At least that is how all of mine have worked. Happy camping.

Happy Camping!
tonyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:45 AM   #3

They will. You may notice many, like myself, will add blocks of wood under the stabilizers. They have a wider stance closer to the bottom of the TT. IMO, that takes a little more movement from the TT. Also doesn't take so long to run them up and down. My blocks are 2x8s about 12 inch long. At one time I used those for leveling as well. I now use lynx levelers because the blocks slide a lot when trying to pull up on them. If you do use wood for leveling, keep them short. Long ones can, and will, stand up and get lodged under the TT causing damage. I have seen this twice in our 7 years of camping. Both times damage was done. One was skirting ripped off and the other broke plumbing off.

Tags
stabilizer