Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2018, 01:33 AM   #1

Anxiously waiting for our 2608SB

After 10 years with our 2603 we're expecting the new trailer momentarily. My main concern is about the tow vehicle. We have a 2012 Ram 1500, which has been OK with the 2603, but I'm wondering about the slightly bigger and heavier 2608.

Anyone pulling this particular trailer with a 1500?

I'll have other questions once we have a few days with the trailer ..... especially about the LED lighting and the electric awning, but those can wait.

Cheers,
John
john a v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:19 PM   #2

No takers on my post ..... well that's OK, I was very specific and it is a relatively new model #.

The 2608SB is the same as the former 2608WS and pretty much the same weight range as a 2604WS and 2606WS.

Anyone towing these with a 1500? If so, how are you making out? Are you comfortable with the trucks performance?

Our trailer did arrive here in snowy eastern Canada last Friday and we're hoping to have an initial view of what we're getting later this week.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:33 AM   #3
Site Team

Well, since it a brand new model, there may not be many owners of one.
We just got our new TT last year but the 2608SB will be at the top of our list for the next one.
Major improvements over the WS that made the negatives into positives.

I'll warn you that the Rams have worst payloads in the 1/2 ton world. Dodge is improving that for the 2019 models.

The 2608SB's real world tongue weight will easily be at least 1000lbs.
Add 100lbs for the WDH makes it 1100lbs. Now add occupants and truck cargo and compare that total to your Ram's payload capacity.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:13 AM   #4

We tow the 2606 with a 17 Ram Copperhead with the 3.92 ratio. We use a blue ox WDH which works very well. The Rams are light on payload so to assist we installed Timbrens. This made leveling the rig quite easy but it certainly stiffens the ride when loaded. When not loaded, you dont notice the Timbrens at all.
Blue Ox SwayPro
True North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:08 PM   #5

This is how our rig sits with the Blue Ox and Timbrens...

Blue Ox SwayPro
True North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:35 AM   #6

I'd first of all I'd like to thank both bikendan and True North for taking time to reply.

Bikendan, your experience and advice is much appreciated. I know Dodge is light on payload and that's really why I was asking the question. We'll load up the trailer with all you've said in mind and check-in at a weight station nearby to make sure we're within limits.

The posts by True North are also very helpful and thanks for coming back with the photo. Both truck and trailer look beautifully level. As an aside, I hadn't heard of a Ram Copperhead before, so I browsed and watched a full video. A very slick truck! I also reviewed a whole installation video on the Blue Ox WDH. Looks great. I ordered a new 1000 lb. Reese Dual Cam WDH with the trailer, as that's the brand we've been using for years and very happy with it, but if there is any glitch in getting the Reese I will definitely opt for the Blue Ox. Thanks.

One last comment about Timrens. I put them on our last truck .... a 2002 GMC Sierra and I think they helped, but not too sure they came into play very often. It was more peace of mind. The Ram has a softer suspension, so if I have any sag or other problem, I'll go that route again. Thanks for reminding me.

Man oh man, this weather is frustrating. Our trailer arrived here in Ottawa last Friday and I had hoped to at least get a peak at it this week. It's been snowing all day and is expected to continue for another day or two. The dealer is about an hours drive from home. NOT a good time to be receiving or even viewing a new trailer.

Happy Camping,
John
Old 03-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #7

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171104_160225.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	165204

I tow a 2018 2706ws with my ram rebel. Hemi, 3.92 gears, 8-speed tranny, full towing package. Also has the air suspension. I run the four point sway control equalizer hitch. Once I get the truck hooked up with the hitch, the air suspension resets the ride heights. It tows really nice. Two fingers on the wheel. I picked up the camper in October and am also chomping at the bit to get going this spring. I do wish I had more cargo capacity and load most every thing in the camper keeping the weight out of the bed of the truck. Next truck will be a 3/4 however
beernut74 is offline   Reply With Quote