Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
Arn
Arn

Anyone Added A Ladder To An Ultralite?

I let the dealer talk me out of a ladder when I bought my 2010 2604. Now I want one & with taxes it's $800. Has anyone added a universal ladder or do you need to know where Rockwood installed the blocks? Thanks.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #2

Ladder

I have recently owned 2 TT that didn't have a ladder, every other model except the ones I had were equipped with one, even though you could walk on the roof,supposedly anyway. I think if you google it you would probably get your answer, and any problems with doing it yourself, good luck with your search. Wish my TT had one it.

Dennis
F'ton N.B. Canada
dennis5_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn
I let the dealer talk me out of a ladder when I bought my 2010 2604. Now I want one & with taxes it's $800. Has anyone added a universal ladder or do you need to know where Rockwood installed the blocks? Thanks.
There's no blocks installed the ladder sits on the door side of the coach and it's about 3"away from the corner molding " trim" that runs up the wall. If I was you I would just contact forest river parts Dept I don't think that ladder cost any where near that it's installed with 1" white pan head screws. There easy to install just be sure you use some kind of sealant where you put the screws and chaulk the roof real good where it attaches there
Affordablerv.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #4

Our trailer was purchased off the lot in May and it did not have a ladder while 95% of the units did. The ladder became the breaking point in the deal and the dealer finally priced it at $125 installed. We took the trailer and 8 weeks later they finally installed it.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
Arn
Arn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affordablerv.net View Post
There's no blocks installed the ladder sits on the door side of the coach and it's about 3"away from the corner molding " trim" that runs up the wall. If I was you I would just contact forest river parts Dept I don't think that ladder cost any where near that it's installed with 1" white pan head screws. There easy to install just be sure you use some kind of sealant where you put the screws and chaulk the roof real good where it attaches there
So is the ladder screwed into the aluminum frame for the back wall? If that's the case then I should be able to go with a universal for a lot less than Forest River would ship me one for. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #6

I installed a ladder on the back of my 2006 Rockwood travel trailer. I purchased it through the dealer which saved alot more than ordering through Forest River parts. I also had the one that is in 2 pieces that secured to each other(saved alot in shipping with a smaller box and is white matching the trailer). First, call Forest River and tell them you are checking if your trailer has the backing support in the walls for a ladder(you will need the trailers' model & Vin #). I talked to the plant manager about that, then was connected to another supervisor of installation for the correct positioning(location). I can tell you I was nervous about drilling the pilot holes into the fiberglass walls, but if you don't and install the screws only, it may splinter or crack the fiberglass(I also put sealant on the screws). Turned out good and I've been on the roof several times since that installation. Remember the holes in the roof need sealant and do it up good so no leaks can happen during penetration of the rubber membrane. Good luck!
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #7

I think the ladder on our 8293RKSS was a $125 option, which we gladly included in our deal. Our friends have a Laredo and they didn't get a ladder; his dealer wants $800 to install one! Ridiculous.....
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #8

ladder

For my money's worth, I'd get the ladder, one way or another. I'm up on the roof of ours' frequently, checking things out.
Ross - Letter Carrier (retired 2011), Jan - YNC(retired 1996)
Nights Camped 2011 (8)
rossandjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
Arn
Arn

Found out that my trailer was shipped "ladder ready". Forest River will sell me the ladder for $144 U.S. plus a $20 crate fee. I found a new dealer 2 hours from home who will supply & install a factory ladder for $300 CDN plus 13% tax. Every May long weekend I camp at Riverside-Cedar Park near Morrisburg, Ontario. The dealer is about 10 minutes away in Ingleside so I asked if he'd do a mobile installation while I'm set up in the park. He looked at his tech who said "works for me". Can't beat that for service.

Tags
ultralite