Old 07-08-2018, 09:45 AM   #1

Anyone install a Bidet?

My wife would like to install a bidet in our new travel trailer as she feels it will cut down on the amount of toilet paper used while camping. Wondering if anyone has done this? Did a search and nothing came up. I’d assume we’d have to upgrade our toilet to one that has a standard style toilet seat so we could add one of the basic style bidet attachments between the toilet seat. Anyhow just wondering if anyone has done this.

We’d want to install something like this:
https://biobidet.com/products/bb70-natural-water-bidet

efiguero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:00 AM   #2

Needing a Hot and Cold water supply lines plus seat clearance in a "Confined Area" of Most RVs will be a challenge! Plus the average water running time is "40 Seconds" better be on FHU Site! Youroo!!

Old 07-08-2018, 10:11 AM   #3

There's a long thread from earlier this year that talks about this. Some people have installed one, so you wouldn't be the first!

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...er-152032.html
Old 07-08-2018, 10:18 AM   #4

Just use the outside shower. Will save you lotsa money and time.
Rdeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Looks interesting.

I did install a spray wand for washing down the bowl and a quick way of filling for #2.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...c-v-15261.html

I doubt it would work for personal cleanup though …
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #6

Bidet?

We don't have a bidet but did install this nice outside cooler/barbeque. When yer done Bbqing just flush and the fire goes out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MailAttachment.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	178728  
Old 07-08-2018, 12:58 PM   #7

So you would rather use more water and heat then paper? Do as they do in third world countries and wash your hands.
Susanmcnabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #8

I toss paper used to wipe urine in the trash and the other gets flushed. We notice no odor from the trash in the bathroom.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #9

Lordy, no!!!!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #10

To the OP - many of have installed the Biffy Bidet.
Attachable Bidets | Toilet Bidet Attachment |

This bidet attachment uses only the existing water line for your toilet. You can attach a heater, but that requires 110 power and an outlet near your toilet (which I installed).

For other who don't understand Bidet's, I offer the simplest explanation I ever found. Would you wipe your hands with paper and consider them clean? No? then why would you do that to another part of your body? Once you get used to the joys of a clean Butt (and yes, it is nice, less itching, less occasional rawness, a nice clean feeling), you will get hooked on Bidets, just like a considerable part of the civilized world already is.

2005 Coachmen Sportscoach Encore 380DS
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
CharlieS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:30 PM   #11

Odors

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
I toss paper used to wipe urine in the trash and the other gets flushed. We notice no odor from the trash in the bathroom.
Your nose may not be working. Caught my wife doing that—smelled like an old diaperpail. Use the paper or run ahose through the window. May be cold though.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:41 PM   #12

Bidet install

Got a kick out of reading the posts that were linked to in post #3.
I just finished an install this weekend. I put one in my wife's bathroom at home a year ago and she loves it, so when we got the new camper she wanted one there also. I hooked up both hot and cold water to the one at home but she says that mostly she uses the cold water because it takes so long to get the hot water to the bidet. She needs to run the sink faucet on hot for a minute or two to get the hot water to the bidet. So she uses it mostly on cold water and it is OK with her.
So on to the install in my RV. We have a Dometic 310 toilet. The bidet is a Luxe Neo 320 bought on Amazon. She made the purchase so I don't know what else is available. I just installed it. I only hooked up the cold water. I t'd into the Pex supply line to the toilet. From this tee I added a standard 1/4 turn shutoff valve with Pex tubing on 1 side and 3/8" compression fitting on the outlet side.
The bidet installed very easily. Pulled the seat off, laid the bidet over the bolt holes and reinstalled the seat. Bolts were long enough. After the install I had to make a minor adjustment. The bidet needs to be brought as far forward as the slots in it will allow. The water spray nozzles of the bidet drop down about a inch before they spray the water correctly. With the curvature of the Dometic toilet the spray nozzles were hitting the back of the toilet bowl before they were fully deployed. Once I pulled the bidet fully forward the nozzles clear the back of the bowl.
Hooking up the water was a little involved. A cap was provided to cap off the hot water inlet since I wasn't going to use it. I couldn't use the cold water line that was supplied because it has the standard toilet tank water inlet fitting. I purchased a standard faucet line with 3/8" compression fittings. This didn't work because the bidet uses a fitting that is flat and requires a rubber washer (don't know the name of this type of fitting). The provided hot water line is plastic tubing with a fitting installed on one end that I attached to the cold water inlet to the bidet. I had to go to the hardware store to get the pieces to adapt this to go on to the 3/8" compression valve that I had previously installed.
Happy to say that there are no leaks and it works fine. My wife is not here to try it out and I haven't been brave enough to try it my self.
grumpyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:30 PM   #13

Are you crazy?
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:54 PM   #14

Thanks for the info, and just to clarify the version we’d be interested in would not be one that offers hot water. It be one water connection to an existing water line and would not need electricity. We have one like the one I mentioned in my original post in our home which my wife requested and as skeptical as I was about the use of bidets it’s pretty handy. All the points that CharlieS3 points out are true. After using the bidet you only need a small amount of toilet paper to dry your bottom and you’re good to go. At that point instead of flushing the toilet paper it could be thrown in a waste basket as others do. There were mentions of threads discussing this topic but my search turned up zero results, can someone post a link to these discussions? Thanks
Old 07-08-2018, 04:28 PM   #15
ARLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdeejr View Post
Just use the outside shower. Will save you lotsa money and time.
Good answer
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 04:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
Got a kick out of reading the posts that were linked to in post #3.
I just finished an install this weekend. I put one in my wife's bathroom at home a year ago and she loves it, so when we got the new camper she wanted one there also. I hooked up both hot and cold water to the one at home but she says that mostly she uses the cold water because it takes so long to get the hot water to the bidet. She needs to run the sink faucet on hot for a minute or two to get the hot water to the bidet. So she uses it mostly on cold water and it is OK with her.
So on to the install in my RV. We have a Dometic 310 toilet. The bidet is a Luxe Neo 320 bought on Amazon. She made the purchase so I don't know what else is available. I just installed it. I only hooked up the cold water. I t'd into the Pex supply line to the toilet. From this tee I added a standard 1/4 turn shutoff valve with Pex tubing on 1 side and 3/8" compression fitting on the outlet side.
The bidet installed very easily. Pulled the seat off, laid the bidet over the bolt holes and reinstalled the seat. Bolts were long enough. After the install I had to make a minor adjustment. The bidet needs to be brought as far forward as the slots in it will allow. The water spray nozzles of the bidet drop down about a inch before they spray the water correctly. With the curvature of the Dometic toilet the spray nozzles were hitting the back of the toilet bowl before they were fully deployed. Once I pulled the bidet fully forward the nozzles clear the back of the bowl.
Hooking up the water was a little involved. A cap was provided to cap off the hot water inlet since I wasn't going to use it. I couldn't use the cold water line that was supplied because it has the standard toilet tank water inlet fitting. I purchased a standard faucet line with 3/8" compression fittings. This didn't work because the bidet uses a fitting that is flat and requires a rubber washer (don't know the name of this type of fitting). The provided hot water line is plastic tubing with a fitting installed on one end that I attached to the cold water inlet to the bidet. I had to go to the hardware store to get the pieces to adapt this to go on to the 3/8" compression valve that I had previously installed.
Happy to say that there are no leaks and it works fine. My wife is not here to try it out and I haven't been brave enough to try it my self.
Thanks for the info!!!
Old 07-08-2018, 04:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by efiguero View Post
There were mentions of threads discussing this topic but my search turned up zero results, can someone post a link to these discussions? Thanks
Check the 3rd post in this thread. I posted a link there to a discussion of bidets that is 18 pages long.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:50 PM   #18

Dude, I understand but you're pushing the limit. Don't even thi k you'll find one I the 20th century.
Dpelaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeowner View Post
Check the 3rd post in this thread. I posted a link there to a discussion of bidets that is 18 pages long.
Oh my bad, missed it! Thanks I’ll go back and look for it.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:18 PM   #20

We love our bidet

Don’t see the need for the hot water hook up as a sprits of cold water is quite refreshing.

kwf1958 is offline   Reply With Quote