Old 07-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #1

Anyone install an EMS-HW30C in a 2018-19 2509S?

Purchased an EMS-HW30C for our new 2019 2509S and wondering the best place to install it for this floor plan. Has anyone done this on this model? Where is the best place to access the shore power to install this device? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

efiguero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #2

I am not familiar with your floor plan but the two I installed on other units were both behind the converter.

Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:06 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Behind the power panel.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:02 PM   #4

Just to make sure I am clear, the power panel would be the box with the fuses and all correct? Would that be the converter too? That box is under my fridge. I would assume just remove some screws and pull it out, and find the main power cable?
Old 07-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #5

Yes, that is all correct. Just be sure to disconnect all power first!
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
Yes, that is all correct. Just be sure to disconnect all power first!
Yup, disconnect all power first. Great thanks!
Old 07-20-2018, 03:02 PM   #7

So I installed my EMS-HW30C, was not hard, took it slow to make sure I did it correctly. Took maybe an hour and a half. I tried to remember to take pictures as I went I forgot to take some as I went though. I will try to explain what I did.

1. So for my particular model the Power Panel was under the fridge. So after disconnecting the main power cable to the trailer, and disconnecting the batteries (Via battery disconnect switch up front), I opened the front panel that allows you to access the fuses in the power panel. I also flip all the breakers off on the panel just to be safe.

2. With the panel open and the fuses and breakers exposed, there are two screws at near the top that hold the main front panel to the power box. Once you remove those two screws, there are two plastic clip looking things hold the bottom of the panel. so swing it from the top towards you and the panel should come off. You should see this:

2. Remove the 4 screws from each of the corners that hold the box to the wall. Once you remove them, you can pull the box out and you will see all the wires attached to the backside.

3. The main power wire was the orange one plugged into the top left of the power panel. It is bundled with a bunch of other wires, zip tied to the other cables and screwed to the floor. I unscrewed the zip tie connection to give me more slack, but did not cut the zip tie. I then cut the orange cable and stripped the shielding back along with the cables. The kit comes with connectors for the ground wires on each side. You can use the clips or just bend the ground cables around the screws in the box.

4: Follow the instructions for the EMS-HW30C for routing the wires. It was pretty easy, basically the black and white cables on each side along with the ground cables. On the side going to the power panel, run the black cable through the ring sensor with the arrow on the sensor pointing up. That was not really explained well. Once you have it hooked up, there was not much room or excess cable to allow you to mount the box on the floor, so I put heavy duty velcro on the box and pushed it against the wall to the left of the panel. It was tight and I had to push the panel box in, and squeeze my hand in to push the panel against the wall to secure the velcro. Only time will tell if the velcro will hold. Also don't forget to install the data cable for the EMS display. I ran the display right outside the power panel and secured it to the right side. Everything worked as it should once I connected the trailer back to power and connected the batteries again.

Hope this helps someone, also I found a couple of youtube videos that where helpful too. So check there as well.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:33 PM   #8

Did the same install last week in our 2304KS. Only difference was I put the monitor up higher next to the fridge so I can see it from outside. First thing I plan to do is hook up the electric and look through the window to make sure it's OK before unhooking.

One of the reasons I finally decided to do it was we were camping last week at a fairgrounds and I was a little nervous about the power. Sure enough the EMS kicked in multiple times due to too high of a voltage, 134 volts. The motor home next to us was having the same issues. Glad I put it in.
dnmatt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:50 AM   #9
Grammar Pedant

Thanks for taking the time to post those pics. I took the easy route and went with the portable EMS, but these are very helpful pics for the community here. Excellent job!

RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote