Has anyone replaced or re-set the entry door on their MiniLite? How is the opening framed? Is there a header of any kind at the top of the opening?
Bear with me and I'll explain why I am asking. My 6 year old MiniLite 2104 has developed soft spots in the floor. I noticed the first one last fall but it wasn't bad - - just a slight "give" in the floor. On our first trip this spring it was much worse and a 2nd/3rd are developing not far away. I have looked and can find no issues with water leaks or any indication there have ever been any leaks.
I realize (after searching here - this thread : http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...rce-23714.html
) that this is a vacuum bonded floor with crappy luan for the flooring material. Does anyone know if it is 1/8 or 1/4 luan?
My initial thoughts were that I would need to remove the luan and replace it with real plywood. Dirty and time consuming work with possibilities of messing up big time (cutting all the way thru the floor, for example). BUT - - - upon further reflection, why go to all that trouble. I am thinking that I could:
1. remove the entry door
2. remove the toilet, the dinette and the sink/stove base cabinet
3. remove the factory sheet vinyl
4. glue and screw 3/8 or 1/2 plywood right over the luan and recover with new vinyl (that would give total floor thickness of 1/2" to 3/4" and add less than 100 pounds)
5. reset cabinets and fixtures
6. enlarge the rough door opening height the same amount as new flooring thickness ( +/- 1/2")
7. re-set entry door
No muss, no fuss, no cutting into factory installed flooring, etc..
Does anyone have or know of where to get framing sheets for MiniLite's? Would be nice to know where studs, headers, sills, floor joists, etc. are located. Anyone know what's in the wall above those entry doors?