Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2018, 08:14 AM   #1
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Bed down 24/7

Maybe it's just us...we put the murphy bed down when we arrive at our campsite and it stays down until we pack up to leave. There is still plenty of comfortable seating at the dinette and if we want to recline to watch a movie, we fluff up some pillows on the bed and click the Netflix button on the remote. We have full enjoyment of the view out the front window during the day and pull the shade at night. We have beautiful bedding in a style that adds to the charm of the driftwood decor, so the interior of our TT looks clean and "put together" all the time with the bed down. (gotta love those Beddy's!!)

Granted, if we have a huge crowd and it's pouring rain or so hot that heatstroke is immenent , by all means, I would put up the bed and put down the couch so folks could pile in to stay dry or cool. But up until now, even with crowds, our party is outside the camper, not inside, so the bed is still down during the day.

It perplexes me, then, why I read about folks complaining about the front window being a "waste" since it is a nice view only during the times you are asleep. Are there REALLY that many people out there who put their beds up every morning?!?? And if so, why?
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:29 AM   #2
Trailer Park Supervisor

My floor plan not as generous as yours

Mine will stay up when not in bed. Don't have a front window to take advantage of, and don't feel like squeezing past bed everytime I go in and out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R_G19FD_F_E19FD.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	190600  
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #3
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Mine will stay up when not in bed. Don't have a front window to take advantage of, and don't feel like squeezing past bed everytime I go in and out

Oh yes, excellent point! We looked at a model where the bed, when down, partially blocked the doorway and we did not purchase that model for that exact reason and if I had purchased it, definitely I would be putting the bed up every morning.

When the bed is down in our model, the doorway opening is free and clear.
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:54 AM   #4

We put ours up every morning. We like the floor space and couch.
rcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #5

OP's post proves the beauty of having a Murphy bed. Options. If you like a fixed bed, you have one. If you don't, put it away and you have a sofa.

Personally, we love the Murphy bed as it allows for a smaller rig. We have a 24' trailer and love it. Everything we need and nothing we don't.
kltk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltk1 View Post
OP's post proves the beauty of having a Murphy bed. Options. If you like a fixed bed, you have one. If you don't, put it away and you have a sofa.

Personally, we love the Murphy bed as it allows for a smaller rig. We have a 24' trailer and love it. Everything we need and nothing we don't.
We have a 2018 2304ks and love the option of the hybrid LR to BR. If it's a rainy day we usually keep the bed down and watch movies. Either way it's very convenient . Happy Trails.
Jaz 1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:45 AM   #7

love the murphy bed

We have a 21DS and love the murphy bed. We keep our bed stowed until we're ready to sleep. I like having a couch during the day as I've been know to take a nap on it. It almost feels like a separate area from the dinette, in part because the couch is fabric and the dinette is vinyl. We find the bed very comfortable with a 2 inch topper and we love the heated mattress. We will leave the furnace off during the night and set the mattress on low.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #8

Generally, we'll put the bed up after sleeping. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed down while Summer camping, where we're outside most of the time. Inclement weather and we're inside a majority of the time, bed goes up so we have access to the couch. Either way, the nice part is having that option.

TV- 2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew 3.5 ecoboost
TT- 2019 FR Rockwood Mini Lite 2507S
Rsteph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed