Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2016, 08:16 AM   #1
Scotsman

Bedroom Slideout Cables

The other day my DW was looking up at our bedroom slide out and noticed that on one side there was only one cable showing. We have a 2015 Rockwood Ultra Signature. I got up on the ladder to check it out and the top cable was nowhere to be seen. I then realized that the cable ends are not permanently held in. With a little slack in the cable I could unhook it from the slot that it was in. I presume that the missing cable is inside the trailer closet. I have not tried to pull it back in yet do to the rainy weather yesterday and coming tomorrow. Its sealed and did not want to jeopardize that with all the heavy rain that we were expecting. It will be very tight on that end, its right beside the end cupboard. Really doesn't seem that I will be able to reach it from that side. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so what did you do. I think I will have to try at some point and secure these ends so they don't fall out again. Thanks for any suggestions that you might have. Have a great weekend.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:22 PM   #2

cable stays

I have 2013 with the same problem and have not yet tackled the repair.
My other cables have Zip ties placed in the cable mount slot to prevent them sliding out.
tonyb1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:51 AM   #3
Scotsman

Thanks for the idea of using zip ties. I'm going to try and find the missing cable today and I will secure the other 3 cables before I go ahead. I will post if I have any luck finding the cable. I can't believe that we are the only ones to have this issue. Is there no one else that has had this problem? I never realized that these cables were not locked in. Everyone should lock them in before they end up in the same boat as us. Have a great day.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:58 AM   #4

First forgive me as I do not know anything about your rig. On my Berkshire we have a cable slide, may or may not be the same manufacture. To keep the cables from falling out of the slot the manufacture uses a gromit placed in next to the cable, not around the cable. Ite idea is the rubber gromit fills the hole so the cable cannot slide back out. As for loosing one end in the slide I had that happen when one gromit was left off. I found that moving the slide 1/2 way in to insure slack and then using a very small screw driver I was able to reach in to the pulley and free the cable end then grab with a needle nose pliers. It took a while as the end was really jammed into the pulley. You may want to check to be sure the end did not break off. That has happened to me also. Then you need to thread a new cable. My slide is an accuslide and I got the cable from Amazon.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide, slide out