Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2023, 06:28 PM   #1

Bedroom TV mount

I have a 2023 2608BS would like to have a tv mounted in bedroom. Got a call from dealer that the mount that they use lines up the mounting holes on the tv but the mounting plate covers the power cord HDMI and the cable hook up.Was told the mount is actually for a Furrion tv.that costs around 3to 4 hundred dollars for a 24inch.Was told they will look for a universal mount. They said if the plate is modified it could weaken it.
rebel rouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:15 PM   #2

Don't worry about the TV side

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel rouser View Post
I have a 2023 2608BS would like to have a tv mounted in bedroom. Got a call from dealer that the mount that they use lines up the mounting holes on the tv but the mounting plate covers the power cord HDMI and the cable hook up.Was told the mount is actually for a Furrion tv.that costs around 3to 4 hundred dollars for a 24inch.Was told they will look for a universal mount. They said if the plate is modified it could weaken it.
Don't worry about the mounting holes on the TV. The dimensions of those holes are standardized by a standards body called VESA. There are basically two sizes, little and big. (The bigger one is for heavy TVs.) Concentrate on finding one with a wall mount that will work for you.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:41 AM   #3

I used a magnet to see how big the plate was. I did not mount a TV there but did put a rack to hang my robe and some other items.

Tags
bed, bedroom, mount, roo, tv mount