Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2017, 05:32 PM   #21

I bent both rear ones as I forgot to crank them up before moving. Was able to straighten them enough to use. I use a 2X10 under each jack which seems to work even on the softest sites. I retighten them as needed.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #22

stabilizer jacks ?

Still new here, but I just had an idea. Has anyone after bending them came up with a slip in shoe type replacement? That's what I will do if on gets bent and need to be replace is make it so the new one can slip into place. I don't like the look of them hang so low on the back and you can drag them off. So why not make the new jack just slip into place after you get to your destination? Once at the camping spot slip the back jacks into it there slot and that it that. Before you hit the road take them off. Has anyone made this yet???????????
Old 05-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #23

I don't know, but it is a very good idea. I decided instead, to remove my front pair, two bolts hold each), and then re-bolt the stabilizers upon arrival. I have already replaced one, and I have a spare set.
Surveyor 251RKS
debit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bent, first time, jacks