Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2022, 08:59 PM   #21

All appliances are warranted by their manufacturers, not Forest River or whoever built your trailer. I had warranty (recall) service for my refrigerator at the local Jayco dealer. And I didn't buy it there.

-- Chuck
Old 04-18-2022, 07:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDavis1958 View Post
Last July my wife and I retired and purchased a new Forest River Rockwood Mini Light so we can enjoy traveling the United States with comfort. We spent the extra money on their warranty package as well. Unfortunately, our dealer isn't responsive and are claims are not being addressed. The Forest River RV website states that customer service is number one, but they refer you back to the dealer. How does one move forward in a case where a dealer is nonresponsive?
It definitely seems like you are still under the FR factory warranty. I too had a lot of issues when I purchased my Rockwood Mini0Lite 2507S. Forest River Customer Service and Warranty department were very helpful Even after all the trouble I had at my purchasing dealership and them not fixing the issues, they even let me take it to a Camping World shop after the year warranty expired and said they would fix anything that was wrong with the RV. And they did honor everything that Camping World found wrong with the RV. The lady with Forest River Customer Service that helped me name was Hope and their number is 574-642-8903. Feel free to give her a call and explain your situation. She was very helpful and got the right people involved.
sigtau88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 07:36 PM   #23

Forest River being #1 in satisfaction is a joke. When I had my Cherokee 22RR, the rear ramp cracked the first time I loaded my motorcycle. The dealer said I had to contact FR. I did and they told me I overloaded the ramp. The ramp has a 1500lb rating. The bike with me on it is below 900lbs. FR told me the rating is for 4 wheels distributed weight. Nothing stating this in the documentation. Plus, when loading, both wheels are not on the ramp at the same time. The front wheel was entering the trailer as the rear wheel was contacting the ramp.

I contacted the company that made the ramp and they agreed to send me a replacement. However, neither the dealer nor FR would cover the cost on the installation.
I got rid of the trailer as soon as the ramp was replaced and I was out $300 for the labor charge, plus the money I lost on trading in a 13 month old trailer.
I will never own another FR product and let everyone know about the total lack of customer service.
gw1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Last July my wife and I retired and purchased a new Forest River Rockwood Mini Light so we can enjoy traveling the United States with comfort. We spent the extra money on their warranty package as well. Unfortunately, our dealer isn't responsive and are claims are not being addressed. The Forest River RV website states that customer service is number one, but they refer you back to the dealer. How does one move forward in a case where a dealer is nonresponsive?

OP, One post and done ??????

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw1800 View Post
Forest River being #1 in satisfaction is a joke. When I had my Cherokee 22RR, the rear ramp cracked the first time I loaded my motorcycle. The dealer said I had to contact FR. I did and they told me I overloaded the ramp. The ramp has a 1500lb rating. The bike with me on it is below 900lbs. FR told me the rating is for 4 wheels distributed weight. Nothing stating this in the documentation. Plus, when loading, both wheels are not on the ramp at the same time. The front wheel was entering the trailer as the rear wheel was contacting the ramp.

I contacted the company that made the ramp and they agreed to send me a replacement. However, neither the dealer nor FR would cover the cost on the installation.
I got rid of the trailer as soon as the ramp was replaced and I was out $300 for the labor charge, plus the money I lost on trading in a 13 month old trailer.
I will never own another FR product and let everyone know about the total lack of customer service.
So gw1800, why are you still posting on a Forest River owners forum? I figure if you don't own one anymore you are wasting not only your time but ours too. Every manufacturer out there has issues with quality and warrantee disputes. If you purchase a camper you better be good at repairing it or you will be out of a lot of money or never being able to use it. I have a 2015 Forest River 5th wheel toy hauler that I bought new after owning a bumper pull trailer. Had many issues after purchase but most I was able to resolve myself. The 5th wheel went all around the country after owning only about three months and never had anything major I couldn't fix myself. I still own it and it has been a excellent trailer all in all. Extended warranties are a waste of money most of the time. People that purchase them are usually individuals that can't work on them to begin with and probably shouldn't own one. Yearly maintenance I believe is the most important thing a owner can do. Just my two cents worth.
JColeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 06:46 AM   #26

I have a 2019 FR 26 rbws and I had a issue the sink cave in on our first trip .I was able to fix it. when I got back I call my dealer and they fix it right with no questions ask.. sometime it the dealer you working with.
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:41 PM   #27

Quote:
I don’t understand why no one on this forum mentions the Lemon Laws. It is my understanding not all states have an RV Lemon Law, but maybe your state does. If it does, does your RV meet the criteria? I had no idea the state we lived in had an RV Lemon Law, and I was skeptical our RV would fall under it’s criteria, so read it carefully if you have one. Our experience was with a different manufacturer. The TT fell apart around us on every trip. First document every phone call, date, the subject matter and who you talked to as well as the conversation. Copy every correspondence, every work order, any paper work you receive. Make a comprehensive list of all defects, repairs made, problems solved? Talk to the individual who is the manufacturer’s GM for your unit, not happy go higher and alway document the conversation. I was a polite pita to both the dealer and the manufacturer. Last resort was an attorney and the Lemon Law, we settled and now have the Cardinal.
1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1010 View Post
I don’t understand why no one on this forum mentions the Lemon Laws.
This is why:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...own-65127.html
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 07:20 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Iwritecode, I hope I did not shut this topic down because my intention was only to provide the OP with information that may be unknown to him or others in the same predicament. I understand by mentioning the “A”word I violated posting whatever, but mentioning a law, be it criminal or civil is discussed frequently on this forum. Would you contact me privately, I would appreciate it. I have a privacy/disclosure agreement and I did not violate the agreement.
Thank you
1010 is offline   Reply With Quote