Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2016, 05:56 PM   #1

Build time for Rockwood Order from factory?

How long is build and delivery time from order date? It's been 2 weeks and getting anxious. I heard 6-10 weeks. I'm hoping sooner than later. Anyone get one recently???
DanoHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:59 PM   #2

There really is a lot of variables. It depends on scheduling and when the factory will be running that particular model. All of the factories build several different lines on a schedule that was laid down probably 6 months ago. So they just dont simply drop your order in any where.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:27 PM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

yep and be glade they don't rush it Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:50 PM   #4

I have a Flagstaff ordered....

I was wondering also. Mine should have been ordered this week. Weather here in NY is getting worse day by day and winter is coming so no real hurry. Probably pick up in spring, hmmm maybe they will put in showroom when they get it. That way it will be inside during winter months. Don't even mind if people can look at it as a sold display model.Can't wait till spring!!!
mikdor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:30 PM   #5

Our 1st go around took 7 weeks. Refused it eventually and ordered another which took 8 weeks.

1st was ordered this time of year..Oct 23rd I think. 2nd was late February when the show orders were coming in. That didnt seem to make much of a difference.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Our 1st go around took 7 weeks. Refused it eventually and ordered another which took 8 weeks.

1st was ordered this time of year..Oct 23rd I think. 2nd was late February when the show orders were coming in. That didnt seem to make much of a difference.
Why did you refuse it? Did they forget to include stuff, or was it that you wanted something else?

Old TV- 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport (Hemi)- towing vehicle

Old 10-28-2016, 07:42 PM   #7

I live in SoCal, so we really don't get a winter. Plan on using it as soon as it comes in for a nice beach run!

Old 10-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoHB View Post
I live in SoCal, so we really don't get a winter. Plan on using it as soon as it comes in for a nice beach run!
Yes but it's being delivered from the Midwest which has winters.
That may cause delays in the delivery but not the building.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Yes but it's being delivered from the Midwest which has winters.
That may cause delays in the delivery but not the building.
DOH!!! I didn't think of that. Come on baby! Hurry up and get here! We all want to go CAMPING!!!

Old 10-28-2016, 08:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Why did you refuse it? Did they forget to include stuff, or was it that you wanted something else?
Long story LOL.

It arrived and I inspected it. I made a list of around 20 defects ranging from exposed raw plywood in wheel wells to bent exterior moldings, scratches in glass, a whole host of stuff........I only had a deposit down. The dealer drug it out some due to time of year (Holidays and local shows etc) but ultimatly Rockwood approved 5K in repairs on a new unpurchased 20K camper. I was willing to let them attempt it but then the factory dropped the ball on parts to the dealer. Then when the dealer started the repairs and I took an even closer look the one slide was so far out of whack, the way it was built not aligned, that I blew a gasket. I gave them an ultimatum. Refund my deposit and cancel everything or build me another. The 2nd was night and day better......not perfect but not the lemon the first was. Moral of story. Do not sign the papers until you have been through it, on it, under it, and with a microscope, magnifying glass, and a fine tooth comb. And test every system fully. The whole deal was not much fun and I highly do not recommend it nor do I want to see anyone else deal with such a thing. Thats what sucks about a factory order.....the one that is built for you is yours. You don't have 3 on the lot to choose from and one that came out the factory door at 9AM could be almost perfect but the one at 9:30 could be a disaster.

I'm camping in #2 right now. Sort of glad I bought it after everything shook out but I'll have a hard time going Forest River next time.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:50 PM   #11

Quote:
DOH!!! I didn't think of that. Come on baby! Hurry up and get here! We all want to go CAMPING!!!
Actually it should come out of the factory here in Dallas,OR
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:54 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
Actually it should come out of the factory here in Dallas,OR
Rockwoods/Flagstaffs are built in Indiana, not at the Dallas, Oregon factory.
Only a handful of FR brands are built out west.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Long story LOL.

It arrived and I inspected it. I made a list of around 20 defects ranging from exposed raw plywood in wheel wells to bent exterior moldings, scratches in glass, a whole host of stuff........I only had a deposit down. The dealer drug it out some due to time of year (Holidays and local shows etc) but ultimatly Rockwood approved 5K in repairs on a new unpurchased 20K camper. I was willing to let them attempt it but then the factory dropped the ball on parts to the dealer. Then when the dealer started the repairs and I took an even closer look the one slide was so far out of whack, the way it was built not aligned, that I blew a gasket. I gave them an ultimatum. Refund my deposit and cancel everything or build me another. The 2nd was night and day better......not perfect but not the lemon the first was. Moral of story. Do not sign the papers until you have been through it, on it, under it, and with a microscope, magnifying glass, and a fine tooth comb. And test every system fully. The whole deal was not much fun and I highly do not recommend it nor do I want to see anyone else deal with such a thing. Thats what sucks about a factory order.....the one that is built for you is yours. You don't have 3 on the lot to choose from and one that came out the factory door at 9AM could be almost perfect but the one at 9:30 could be a disaster.

I'm camping in #2 right now. Sort of glad I bought it after everything shook out but I'll have a hard time going Forest River next time.
Thank you sooo much for the info. I will definitely go through it majorly before we sign anything!
Old 10-29-2016, 05:05 AM   #14

Dealer said 5 - 7 weeks. Emailed Forest River and was told 8 - 10 weeks. Trailer was delivered to dealership at 10 weeks.
RockyRoo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #15
code.org

Two Months

Ordered my Rockwood 8329ss last year on October 18 and picked it up on December 18. The dealer said it would take 4-6 weeks. Obviously the dealers don't have any clue as to when the factories schedule the different models to be built.
moff34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:44 PM   #16

I'm figuring will hopefully be right before Christmas. Wanting to do a New Year's Eve trip, but not sure if it is going to happen on time.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:56 PM   #17

Quote:
I'm figuring will hopefully be right before Christmas. Wanting to do a New Year's Eve trip, but not sure if it is going to happen on time.
I wish you the best of luck. Did I miss it or what model did you order? If the order is already placed I would bet you have it way before Christmas like around the 1st week in December or a little earlier
Old 10-29-2016, 01:58 PM   #18

I ordered the Rockwood Ultra Lite 2905WS. Its the bunk model with the outdoor kitchen (favorite part).

Old 10-29-2016, 02:17 PM   #19

I would add that your dealer should be able to tell you almost to the exact day when it is scheduled to be built. They were able to tell me the build date two weeks after the order was placed and both times the date was dead on. All it takes is for the dealer to get off his rear end and call his Factory rep.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #20
code.org

EOY Trip

Quote:
That is exactly what we did. We picked it up and went straight to our favorite campground spending the last two weeks of the year on its initial shake-down cruise.

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope the timing works out for you, and hope yours has as few issues as ours.
moff34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory, rockwood