Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2016, 04:56 PM   #21

TreeLady X2. That's why I told CW to give me my $ back.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 05:25 PM   #22

So.....I arrived at the CW to retrieve my Windjammer. I drove the 2.5 hours and was there before any of them. As expected, they wanted me to sign that the repairs they did were done correctly BEFORE I even checked them. Learned my lesson on this. I said I wanted to see them first. Get this....absolutely no joke...they couldn't locate my camper. They were using walkie talkies and I could hear the entire conversation and as I looked out the window I could see the guy driving around on the forklift looking for it and talking to the service department inside. I just had to laugh. Picture any episode of the three stooges and you may understand how I felt. They eventually found it and brought it out. Of the seven items we brought the camper in for, only two were actually done....let me take that back....they said they were done. NOT. We had a piece of trim that was separated from the slide wall. When I looked at it, they just pushed it back in and three nails were sticking out still and none of the holes from the other nail holes were filled in. They told me they re-caulked the shower, but truthfully, I couldn' t tell anything was done. It looked exactly the same. Won't know until we use it. Went back inside and brought the service tech out to see the trim work. She didn't even apologize for the crappy work, but she did insist on bringing a tech out immediately to fix and fill holes. I sat and watched every move he made. Refused to sign paperwork and left. Oh yea, they did replace the power cord.

Now to answer a couple of questions that I read so far on this thread. First thank you for all the input, I appreciate it. I think several suggested that I should have stopped the purchase at several stages of their inept processes. You are right, but this was the only RV sales that carried the camper we wanted within 200 miles. So we were willing to let things go, knowing regardless of their inability, we would be getting a superior product and could later find warranty work closer.

I know now that I saw that CW for the very last time. Thank you again everyone.....great comments.
2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4
RusLwt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:39 AM   #23

Purchased from cw Myrtle many years ago when in the area. Moved to NC and bought a 28' Wilderness recently. Then in December was in to trade on a Rockwood 5er when a delivery was made. Asked them to open it and purchased the Cougar 5er instead. Call and ask for Sean the Internet Mgr, no commission on his sales. He has provided his personal cell as well. Financed through BoA as CW found a better rate than I could. PM if more info is desired.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusLwt001 View Post
I just want to warn anyone in the area of this Camping World of how I have been treated. This is a long complaint which I have filed with Camping World, Good Sams Club, Forest River and now in this forum - just really pissed.

I have been absolutely frustrated with this Camping world from the day we picked up our camper. We picked out a 2016 Windjammer 3025W with the Diamond package. The next week when we arrived to pick up the camper, we waited for over an hour to begin the walk-thru. It wasn't until the exterior walk-thru was complete when we entered the camper only to find out they prepped the wrong camper. The salesman actually wrote down the wrong stock number. So, now we have to wait for several more hours while they install a TV and prep the correct camper. But let me go back to the guy doing the walk thru on the wrong camper, he actually broke the power plug door on the camper during the walk-thru and just said "ah that doesn't matter"! So now while they are rushing a prep on the correct camper, we sit down with a guy in Finance to do the paperwork. He screwed up the paperwork 5 times! Yes, we actually had to sign multiple documents 5 separate times. Not only did he continue to get the stock number incorrect, he misdated the apps repeatedly. It took two hours just to do paperwork! While we were watching them prep the correct camper, I saw one of the service techs pull the power cord and drop it on the ground. I did not know then, but when he did this he broke the O-ring on the cord that screws onto the camper. We arrived at camping world at 9:30 AM and did not pull out of camping world until 5:30 PM - unbelievable. So, we go camping and make our list of items that need repair. I took the camper in a month ago. The authorization request for the warranty work hasn’t even been done yet. The service tech – did not even document the broken power cord O-ring – he tagged it with Tape, but failed to document, therefore not replaced. When I spoke with him today, he stated that he would have to send an authorization request in for replacement. I asked that he just exchange it with another camper on the lot and then request that to be replaced. He stated no. I spent a great deal of money at this camping world and I feel that I have been crapped on. This is the most inept business I have ever dealt with. If I could have found that specific camper locally I would have bought locally, but this camping world was the only one that had it in stock and it was three hours away. After I pick up my unfinished camper tomorrow, I will never, ever return to this camping world. I will do my very best to discourage anyone else from doing business with this camping world. This place and its people absolutely suck.
Thanks for allowing me to vent.

I love that model with Bathroom up front I just do not need a big camper like that anymore, our 4 boys are all over 19 now so just two of us and Dog. Sorry for the treatment you received I have to say so far I am dealing with CW of Lakewood NJ and been happy we will see when I pick up my until next week from FR warranty work they did.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-27-2016, 07:24 PM   #25

ring for electrical cord

Hi There,
Sorry to hear about your issues with your new trailer. I am wondering if you can tell me if the ring that secures the plug into the trailer was 3 inches in diameter (outside edge to outside edge). Our ring is broken on our plug in and we are having great difficulty in finding a replacement.

Our plug in is yellow, and the ring is black. I am not sure the brand on the plug in. Our trailer is a 2011 2306 mini lite by forest river.

Thanks
The Rockers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:37 AM   #26
Site Team

Your plug is most likely Marineco. Go to their site and see if it looks like yours.

Tags
camping, ford