Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2022, 10:57 AM   #1

City Water Low Pressure in "kitchen"

I have a geo pro 19fbs. When connected to city water, the bathroom sink water pressure is just fine. But the "kitchen" sink pressure is very very low. I re-checked the valves (3 of them) position under the queen bed and they all seem to be in the correct position. Is this something that is normal or does someone have any advice on this matter. Thanks very much.
WJS Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:16 AM   #2
Site Team

Check the aerator on the faucet.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:17 PM   #3

Thanks I'll give that a try.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJS Jim View Post
Thanks I'll give that a try.

If you don't find anything there it's possible it is in the mixing valve. I found calcium deposits in mine, came from the hot water tank when I flushed it.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:41 AM   #5

Thanks, not sure I know which one of the three is the mixing valve? I'll take any hints... thanks for your advice...
Old 05-19-2022, 11:33 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks, not sure I know which one of the three is the mixing valve? I'll take any hints... thanks for your advice...
If you posted pics of said valves, it probably would help.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 10:19 AM   #7

No.

Quote:
I have a geo pro 19fbs. When connected to city water, the bathroom sink water pressure is just fine. But the "kitchen" sink pressure is very very low. I re-checked the valves (3 of them) position under the queen bed and they all seem to be in the correct position. Is this something that is normal or does someone have any advice on this matter. Thanks very much.
No, you did not have low pressure in the kitchen. You had low flow. If you were to take off the aerator and replace it with a pressure gauge, you would see the same pressure at the kitchen as at the shower or toilet.

There is nothing in any trailer that could cause the pressure to differ in one place from another.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 02:08 PM   #8

Quote:

Mixing valve is the valve at the faucet itself, it "mixes" the hot and cold water.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 02:11 PM   #9

Thanks very much, I'll take a look at that.
Jim
Old 05-26-2022, 02:25 PM   #10

Faucet?

Quote:
Thanks very much, I'll take a look at that.
Jim
Is your kitchen faucet one of those where the head pulls out on a hose to act as a sprayer?

If so, there may be a screen on one end of the hose. It could be where the head attaches to the hose, or at the other end, where the hose attaches to the faucet. A clogged screen will reduce the FLOW, not the PRESSURE.
Old 05-26-2022, 02:36 PM   #11

No just a regular faucet. I can detach it directly and take a look inside next time I bring my trailer home. Thank you very much for all the great ideas. I'll let you know when I get a chance to look at the faucet.
Jim
Old 06-02-2022, 04:06 PM   #12

Lots of units ( ours included) have low flow faucets in the kitchen. I had ours in under warranty and they replaced the faucet. No change in flow rate. The installers note told me what I needed to know. “Replaced kitchen faucet. Tested. Operates as designed.”
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:53 AM   #13

I don't know if it is a design feature or design flaw, or what, but...our kitchen faucet has, from day one, been low flow when the pull-out head is docked in the upper position and significantly higher flow when you pull it down a few inches. This is true for both the regular stream and spray positions on the head. Over the eight years we've had this unit I've come to like that feature, especially when boondocking.
Old 06-04-2022, 12:34 PM   #14

Easy to fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFD47 View Post
I don't know if it is a design feature or design flaw, or what, but...our kitchen faucet has, from day one, been low flow when the pull-out head is docked in the upper position and significantly higher flow when you pull it down a few inches. This is true for both the regular stream and spray positions on the head. Over the eight years we've had this unit I've come to like that feature, especially when boondocking.
This is easy to fix--surprised you didn't figure it out. The hose is kinking. Have your helper pull the head in and out while you watch inside the cabinet with a flashlight, and you can see what happens.

There's a cast iron weight clamped around the hose. Move it a few inches one way or the other to prevent the kinking condition. (Some weights use screws for clamping--just loosen them, move, and tighten. Others snap together--you may have to use a small screwdriver to get the two pieces apart.)

Tags
city water, pressure, water