Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2017, 10:03 AM   #1

Coach-Net road service

We were on our way to the FR factory a couple days ago (getting some warranty work done, long story). We were westbound on I-80 in PA when I looked in my mirrors and thought I saw a cloud of smoke behind us. All gauges and indicators on our 2004 F350 diesel showed normal. Then it started to buck. We just made it to the shoulder of an off-ramp when the engine died. It was 5:45 PM and we were 8 hours from home.

Getting out of the truck, I found the sides, rear, and especially underbellies of both the truck and trailer coated in oil. The high pressure ICP sensor on the 6.0 engine had blown, and we threw 12 QUARTS of oil all over the road and our vehicles. It was the worst mechanical failure we've ever had on the road.

First call was to AAA, and they were useless. Then I remembered there was a sticker in the kitchen cabinet about 1 year's free road service from Coach-Net included with our new trailer. I called their 800 number. Within 45 minutes two wreckers showed up, a large flatbed for our truck and a heavy-duty for the fifth wheel.

They towed us 15 miles to the nearest Ford dealer (Murray's in DuBois, PA - great people). The dealer was closed by then, but they had said we could sleep in their back lot (which was actually by the trees and better than some campsites we've had). The wrecker driver (Rustler's Towing) even helped level the camper before unhooking! And, NO CHARGE for the tows!

Needless to say, Coach-Net made a bad day as good as possible. We'll definitely be subscribing when the free trial runs out next year.

(The rest of the story: Murray's Ford had us fixed and on the road the next afternoon. A Blue Beacon truck wash got the oil off the truck and trailer. We dropped the trailer off on-schedule at FR yesterday.) Hoping for a less exciting return home next week.
stephndudb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:26 PM   #2

Coach Net

Had the same problem on a 7.3 . Only one tow truck. So DW drove the other truck down and we hooked up. Same oil all over the road with a motor fire.
CN has come through two times . So I have no regrets yet.
2OLDDIGGERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:50 PM   #3

Glad to hear Murray's took care of you. My dad works for them.
rjgrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:37 PM   #4

Just used Coach-Net again. A brake spring broke on our 8289 and the brake guts thrashed themselves to death inside the drum on the way up to VT. Coach-Net found a local mobile repair company and paid for their travel time to our campsite. FR and Dexter are paying for the remaining parts and labor. Coach-Net to the rescue twice in one summer.
stephndudb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service