Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2017, 10:59 AM   #1

condensation

Hello All,
we have a 2018 rockwood 2902ws trailer that has condensation issues with the ceilings of both slideouts. Does anybody else have this problem and if so what is the solution? not much help from forest river except to use a de-humidifier.
Thanks for any help.
llrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrystai View Post
Hello All,
we have a 2018 rockwood 2902ws trailer that has condensation issues with the ceilings of both slideouts. Does anybody else have this problem and if so what is the solution? not much help from forest river except to use a de-humidifier.
Thanks for any help.
I have a Rockwood and can say I don't have that problem with the ceilings, but have it on the single pane windows. That to me sounds like a insulation problem is all I can think of good luck.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #3
Site Team

You can't close up your trailer as if was a submarine.
You have allow air movement.
Crack a vent or run a fan.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:29 AM   #4
Road Trippin

The best way to keep the condensation down is to leave your roof vents slightly cracked. The air needs to circulate some way. If you don't allow the air to circulate the moisture will start collecting.
pismolocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrystai View Post
Hello All,
Thanks for any help.
The moisture has to come from number of people,pets,in unit! Number of Showers being taken also! Cooking instills a lot of moisture also! Vents cracked open all the time and Fan running while cooking or Showering is a Must for lowering the H2o! With outside Temp variations your Slideouts will collect first! Youroo!!
Old 10-28-2017, 05:50 AM   #6

this is our 5th travel trailer and never had condensation issues with them. it was raining when we had issues. we know it is not a leak, maybe this trailer is more air tight than the previous ones.
Thanks for all the replies.
llrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:03 AM   #7
Site Team

Condensation is a fact of life here where we live. As others have said above, air circulation is paramount in helping keep the condensation down. You could also use a dehumidifier which is what we do during the most humid part of the year.