Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #1

countdown to 7/13/14 for 8310

hello all, we placed an order for a 2014 Rockwood 8310 ss in the diamond package thru Wana Rv sales. We have set a date with them for pick up on 7/13. We are pretty excited, going to spend a couple of nights at a campground close by the dealer.I have been lurking around reading and looking at pics reguarding others mods and tips. but I hav'nt seen anything about this model, in any of these forums to see if there are any issues or trouble areas I might need to keep an eye on. thanks for the good reading
rbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #2

We have been looking at this model for a couple months now and pick ours up next Friday. Can't wait! Have a trip planned for a state park down the road from the dealer. Not the best time of year to camp in Texas with the temps near 100, but we will have 2 a/c's (yay!!) We currently have a Flagstaff 26rls, and have been very happy with it. We wanted a little more room (walking and storage), bigger grey tank, and a bigger kitchen. I think the Rockwood/Flagstaff is a quality TT, and the lighter weight compared to others is a plus. We were also looking at a fifth wheel, but the husband didn't want to part with/change to a 250 quite yet. He has an F150 Ecoboost (that fits in the garage!). My parents have a FW and have had problems with the kitchen appliances being on the slide, so the 8310ss floorplan appeals to my husband. The less things on the to-do list the better for him! That leaves more time for kayak fishing.

Well congrats on the new TT; I hope the wait is bearable!
TTforTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #3

hope you guys have a great time in your new rig, keep us posted how the first trip goes. my wife and I are going to be full timing in ours.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #4

we left fl. on tues after work and are in indianapolis for the nite. picking up our new rockwood at 8:30 friday morning whoohoo!!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

From the title on the thread, you're going to be a year early.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #6

we left fl on tues after work and deove to macon ga. put up for the nite, drove to a friends house in indianapolis tonight. we'll head to shipshewana thurs morning and check out the town for the day. we have a pick up walk thru at 8:30 fri morning.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #7

Good luck on your walk thru tomorrow! And have a great Maiden Voyage. Have you had a trailer before? Our walk through was easy, since our previous trailer was the same brand.

Our only issue was a short in a ceiling light, which they thought they fixed in the walk thru, but still shorted over the weekend. We camped in 107 degrees that weekend-yuck! The 2 a/c's were especially nice to have, and we were busy setting up the inside so the heat wasn't too bad. My husband was trying to put the outside together during the cooler hours of the day. We had plenty of space for everything, in and out.

We put vent covers on, bug screens, and hung a lot of things inside...hooks, a clock, and pics. We put up a magnet board to hold current campground map on, and went through a lot of command strip picture hanging strips. We put a hand bar on the scrren door right away too. The dealer hung the towel bar behind the toilet in the bathroom...hate it there. But where else can it go? And we are wondering if we should hang the tv in the bedroom, or just set it on the dresser and store in the closet during travel.

We bought some plexi glass and will add that to the screen door on our next trip, so the dogs can stay inside and see us outside without panicing, without losing cool air. We bought a hitch lock, but it doesn't fit, so are still trying to find a replacement that will work with the shallow hole/wide width. We also got a couple of combination cam locks to be added next trip.

We were debating between a 2 and 3 slide...my mom was pushing for 3 slides for more living space. Love the 2 slide, and that when closed (at a rest area, etc) you can still go inside and have a sandwich, etc. A 3 slide would be totally closed up and not usable.

Love the space the kitchen has! The bathroom is smaller than our last, but still workable. Love everything about it! Oh, but couldn't figure out if the big tv is moveable/swings out towards the chairs. Maybe you could find out the answer to that one in your walk through. Have a blast, and report back!!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTforTwo View Post
We have been looking at this model for a couple months now and pick ours up next Friday. Can't wait! Have a trip planned for a state park down the road from the dealer. Not the best time of year to camp in Texas with the temps near 100, but we will have 2 a/c's (yay!!) We currently have a Flagstaff 26rls, and have been very happy with it. We wanted a little more room (walking and storage), bigger grey tank, and a bigger kitchen. I think the Rockwood/Flagstaff is a quality TT, and the lighter weight compared to others is a plus. We were also looking at a fifth wheel, but the husband didn't want to part with/change to a 250 quite yet. He has an F150 Ecoboost (that fits in the garage!). My parents have a FW and have had problems with the kitchen appliances being on the slide, so the 8310ss floorplan appeals to my husband. The less things on the to-do list the better for him! That leaves more time for kayak fishing.

Well congrats on the new TT; I hope the wait is bearable!
What kind of problems with the appliances, may I ask?
Old 07-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamarie View Post

What kind of problems with the appliances, may I ask?
They had leaks with hoses, on both the oven and the fridge at one time or another. I guess when the slide opens and closes it moves hoses around and there are chances for issues. It can't be that major of an issue, or there would be a lot less floorplans with the kitchens on the slides. Although, there are lots of plans with stationery appliances too.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #10

We made it to Shipshewana In. We are staying at the super8, which is about a mile from Wana rv sales. The room is pretty nice and the beds are very comfy. We had a 2010 Gulf Stream amerilite 19kd to start with but it was way to small for us to full time in. Sorry to hear about your short in the wiring.my wife has tons of command hooks in a tote so I guess she's gonna be busy this weekend.we are gonna take 7 days and hit a few different campgrounds on our way back to florida. And I will ask about the t.v. And let ya know.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #11

had a great walk thru this a. m. the service guy was great and very knowlegable. Had to ask a few questions about some things our last tt didnt have. took about a half hr. and the hitch guy showed me how to set up and remove the weight dist. hitch and anti sway. which our last one didnt need.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3063980176.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	35186

Name:	image-3084805838.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	35187

Name:	image-4011147641.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	35188

Name:	image-1845534270.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	35189
Old 07-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #12
Anacortesians

You're really waiting until July 2014 to take delivery? I realize custom rigs take a while, but a full year seems unreasonable, particularly if they got your 20% deposit, or whatever's current these days.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp View Post
You're really waiting until July 2014 to take delivery? I realize custom rigs take a while, but a full year seems unreasonable, particularly if they got your 20% deposit, or whatever's current these days.
Ask the same question a few posts back. We are being ignored.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #14

i'm not ignoring anybody, i got fat fingers and did'nt notice the date when i posted. when i saw the the post stating the date snafu i couldnt figure out how to change the posting. i had a hard enogh time waiting 8 weeks, i wouldnt even wait 1 yr if it was free. but thanks for reminding me i have sausage fingers. haha