Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #1

Cover advice on mini lite 1809s

I just puchased a rockwood mini lite 1809s and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good cover for it. A lot of covers seem like they would do the job but I thought I would ask here before I made a disappointing investment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
corey892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey892 View Post
I just puchased a rockwood mini lite 1809s and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good cover for it. A lot of covers seem like they would do the job but I thought I would ask here before I made a disappointing investment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry that I can't help you with your questions but wanted to welcome you to the forums. We also have a 2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 1809S - love it.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey892 View Post
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...html#post70429

Might have what you need.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #4

We have a brand new 2011 1809s and I plan to put only an ac cover on the roof and cover the tires with 4 covers. My wife has covered the windows with extras liners to prevent the sun for uv damages even if we took the option of tinted windows. We also put something on the door window. I was to put the trailer on blocks but I will wait next year, At this moment my new trailer is at the dealer because I discovered a water leak under the floor menbrane. I dont know where the water came. All the caulking is perfect and after a driving rain I could see the water dripping under the menbrane. Lets hope that this problem will be fixed this week. It is a new trailer after all.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #5

2008 - 1809

We purchased above trailer new in '08 - have enjoyed amazing trips with it - pulls like a dream, firstly with a Dodge Grand Caravan (3.3l engine) and now with a Silverado (quite a difference). Have just noticed the floor in main area seems to have become springy. We have never noticed the 'give' in it before. Anyone with similar problems?
JimM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:49 AM   #6

I have a feeling that the water went under the floor membrane from the rain or a water leak from your domestic lines and did the damages to the sandwich floor. Delamination occurs on the floor also likes the walls and roof with this type of system. I am glad we found it when our trailer was new because today I am sure my 1809s would be good for the scrapward. Have a looks at some of my pictures before it went to the factory and my trailer was brand new. It was all redone at the factory plan including a new rear wall and the trailer was separated from the frame and a new membtane was installed. For your case just cut the menbrane under where it is soft ( the black darco poly sheeting and you will see better where the damages was caused) See my pictures!!!! ON my picture you see the bolt and the hole it caused to the menbrane . There are severals of these holes around these bolts and the water from the rain can seep in there and soak the luan floorboard causing damages. A sealant should be used to seal around these holes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06101.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	7842   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06102.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	7843   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06077.jpg
Views:	135