Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #21

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
We live in NY........now we havent lived in it. But I have never heard of anything like voiding the warranty. A neighbor down the road has a Rockwood Signiture-lite, not sure if he's live in it all winter but someone has come in and out of it this winter. Its all set-up etc. So its taken the snow load all winter and been heated as far as I can tell (Steam ,heat seen coming out of heater exaust). Its a new one (TT).I dont think your problem has to do with the weather. The stabilizers on a Rockwood are not made to lift or level the camper.They are made to do just that Stabilize the TT. The leveling should be done front to back with the tonge-jack and side to side with pads under the tires. Only after this is done the jacks should be lowered to stabilize the camper. If you read about the jacks in the owners manual you should stop lowering them the second they start to take the wieght of the camper.They are not to be used to level the camper! They dont as the other people here have stated even do a very good job of sabilizing the TT, you'll need to get a Steady-fast type system for that !! Hope this helps you a little. Hopefully someone will chime in about the warranty thing because I for one dont know.
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:08 AM   #22
Wanna Be Camper

Not sure about the FR trailers but our 2008 Edgewater had stickers in it that clearly stated it was not for full time use and basically full time use would void the warranty. I haven't seen any yet in our 2011 V-Lite but then I never really looked that hard.
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #23

thanks for the info.

Big Red, I only put the stabilizers down after it is level front to back and side to side. The stabilizers dont even start to take the weight of the trailer. As soon as it hits the ground they turn off. We are level at night, unlevel and listing to the left by morning. You can see that the stabilizer on the left side is lower by morning. Have you been familiar with anything like this. I do know when I picked up TT they had just replaced the back stabilizers on a two week old TT because they were all bent. I am wondering if something happened to the front as well.

I will look at the warning stickers on the TT again. I don't believe there were any. Thanks again.
scallon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #24
camping

look in the owners manual - theres a statement about prolonged use.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #25

I wonder if a (3) month trip would (VOID) the Warr. also? How many days are we (ALLOWED) to use our Trailers? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #26

My 2603 was very rocky when set up using the original stabilizers . I replaced them with scissor jacks and always use wheel locks and chocks. The rig sits as stead as a rock with small adjustments each day
Fireman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #27

I would take it back and ask the dealer to set it up and let him keep it overnight. Or just tell them what its STILL doing and have them replace the fronts. Sorry wish I could help more!. Or you could call Forest River (Rockwood/Flagstaff Div.) and tell them whats going on, maybe they'll have some ideas.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #28

SOOOOOOOOOOOO a three month trip voids the warranty ????? (good question- youroo)
Old 04-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #29

Hi all,
To bring the topic back on track... I received my trailer back today from FR. The repair was done beautifully. We also had them repair damage that I did to the trailer during backing. Everything is great. They also repaired some things that we did with the slide out. They replaced my tires and my bearings with no issues. I'm glad to get my trailer back, and I'm definitely glad that they took care of this. It does still whistle, but we know how to fix that now.

I will start working on the jacks, but I think I may end up replacing with scissors instead if I can't reinforce the jacks to work properly. I'll post/notify my findings.

Thanks
Ct..
2011 Rockwood 3065WS
2010 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4 5.7 with Air-Lift air bags and Firestone Compressor system.
chris t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #30

Windjammer

I want you to know, we got an awesome deal at RV wholesalers with our rockwood windjammer. We received it in Sept. 2010. Camped in it 3 times before we had to store it for winter. We love it! Everyone who has seen it, wants one too. We have had no problems with it at all. Maybe a few minor issues, but we were able to take care of it ourselfs. We have camped 2 times this spring since getting it out of storage. No problems yet. You should still look into getting this model and call RV, they saved us $thousands. Hope this helps and good luck!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodog View Post
Ct...ah crap! Please keep us posted on what they discover. I also looked at this model last year. Couldn't get a deal that I could live with so I walked.
On the trailer moving...I've found using blocks to minimize the stoke of the jacks works best.(wheels blocked of course) The more the jacks are extended, the more the movement. I know exactly what RW06 is talking about.
annamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #31

Guess What...........I was cleaning and waxing our camper after returning from a camping trip last week. I found a crack just like Chris T's, in the same exact area. Our 2011 Windjammer 3065 was manufactured Aug 24,2010. I have taken many pictures. Wife is crying. Trying to figure out how to up-load pictures to e-mail. Does anyone know the number for Forest River?? Starting to get sad myself. The camping season was just starting !

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
Old 04-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #32

Just found a crack in mine as well.

forest River Phone number is 574-642-2640.
I called and had to provide the VIN number and email in pictures.
I would suggest calling them first and then emailing.
Attached Images

rmason8092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmason8092 View Post
In case anyone needs to know:
Doug Fought

Warranty Manager
Flagstaff / Rockwood Divs. of Forest River

Phone 574-642-5165
Fax 574-343-5902
dfought@forestriverinc.com

He's on vacation until Monday, 4/9/12
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmason8092
So sorry to hear this. Don't worry though. FR did a fantastic job of repairing our tt. Even though you will be without it for awhile, it will be repaired. They will probably even ask if you want to use it this summer for camping and repair it when the summer is over. That's what we did last year. So no lost time in the camping season. Good luck with everything.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #35

Justgot the email that my Vlite is coming back. According to the work order they replaced the walls on both side as well as the stove vent, lights, etc. Moved the axle back 6" and replaced the fenders. They went above what it was sent there for and replaced the cover on the stove top and the stereo that wasn't playing in the bedroom anymore.
Can't wait to get it back.
rmason8092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmason8092
Justgot the email that my Vlite is coming back. According to the work order they replaced the walls on both side as well as the stove vent, lights, etc. Moved the axle back 6" and replaced the fenders. They went above what it was sent there for and replaced the cover on the stove top and the stereo that wasn't playing in the bedroom anymore.
Can't wait to get it back.
So glad to hear it's coming home to you. They did the same repairs on ours. I'm sure you'll be happy.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #37

Glad to hear you all had good luck getting your 3065 repaired. I just dropped ours off at the dealer for the same exact thing. I pray we get it back fixed better than new like the rest of you. I will keep you posted.

Ken
novaken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #38

Just before the Hershey Rv Show I was trying to make a deal on a new 2012 Windjammer 3056, this unit was in the show last year and had not sold. While at the show the sales man kept on calling use to see if would bought a camper from the show. I made the sales man an offer for the camper but they would only come down a little. The Widjammer started out at $35,000+ and they had lowered it to $30,000+ then drop it to $28,000 and some change....I made them an offer of $25,000 on the road and they came back with $26,600+ tax,tags and i said no thanks.

Now I will go back and check to see if there is a crack in the same place you all have posted...I guess I lucked out this time with this deal, things happen for a reason...........
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #39

We just got our 2012 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite model 8319SS back from the Millersburg plant after having the floor and both side walls replaced due to a spongy floor and sidewall cracks and I must say we are totally satisfied with the repairs they did. After a bit of a bumpy start to negotiations on this matter and supplying FR with photos, they came through with flying colors and took care of the matter in a very professional manner.
Rodney-the-rock
2012 Rockwood 8318SS
2011 Chev. 2500HD Duramax Allison 4X4
1948 Wife
2002 Australian Cattle Dog
Rodney-the-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote