Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #1

Create-A-Breeze fan in bathroom isn't working

Hi,

Does anyone else have a create-a-breeze fan in their bathroom and have trouble with it not working? The 1809s we just bought has one and I can't figure out how to work it. I have checked the fuse that is in the fan and it is good and also called the dealership and they said it has to be turned on and then open the vent to start it but this also isn't working.

Any ideas??

THANK YOU!!
dnm1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Be sure the vent cover is open and the fan speed is set at least to 1 and turn the temperature knob towards the blue. If it doesn't come on then it could be no power. You'll need to get access to the wiring connection to check for 12 volts DC. Is the Battery cut off turned off? or it possibly could be a bad switch either for the fan or the temperature setting. It could also be the switch in the vent cover that allows it to come on once opened.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

The fan is turned on (at least in ours and a few other types) by the wall switch that controls the overhead light. Of course you need the vent open and the speed set to anything other than off.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
The fan is turned on (at least in ours and a few other types) by the wall switch that controls the overhead light. Of course you need the vent open and the speed set to anything other than off.
Times TWO. But I added another wall switch next to the single OEM one just to control the fan.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
X3
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #6

X4. The wife and I always operate the light/fan opposite each other so we have to figure it out every time we use it.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I was going to also suggest checking the fuse that's accessible in the fan as well. I just came in after looking at mine, but didn't realize that some are connected through the switch on the wall also. See I learn something every time I check the forums out. My fan just works off the controls within the housing.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

I added another wall switch next to the single OEM one just to control the fan. I got it on eBay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	913th 3rd Annual Picnic and Camper photos 039.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	5921  
Old 05-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
I added another wall switch next to the single OEM one just to control the fan. I got it on eBay.
Side question and not intending to hijack the thread....

Lou how difficult was this? And did you have to run any new wires? I found the item on ebay NEW RV CAMPER 12V POWER VENT BATH LIGHT WALL SWITCH ON | eBay and if it is a matter of separating existing fan and light wires in the existing switch and connecting them to the new one then I can handle that.

Another question, did you have to enlarge the hole in the wall to accommodate the new switch.

Thanks in advance!
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #10
Site Team - Lou

Lou how difficult was this?

Not very. As with all my "simple jobs" it was harder than I thought. My 15 minute job took about 2 hours.

And did you have to run any new wires?

Yes, I used 14Ga double speaker wire (silver/Gold) to run power from the switch to the Vent. I used that because I had a 250 foot roll and no idea what to do with it!

I found the item on eBay NEW RV CAMPER 12V POWER VENT BATH LIGHT WALL SWITCH ON | eBay

That was the vendor. fast shipping with no issues.

Is it a matter of separating existing fan and light wires in the existing switch and connecting them to the new one then I can handle that.

Well, here is the deal. There is a single run of switched power to the fan shroud and a junction that then routes power to the fan; ceiling light fixture and vanity lights. I made a jumper that went from the "Lights" lug to the "Fan" lug. I tied the grounds together in the wall. Then I ran a new wire to the fan shroud and it was not all that hard to fish.

I used the existing run to pull the new run and a heavy string into the shroud. I untied the new run and pulled the existing run back into the switch box with the string. The lights switch now powers the ceiling lights and vanity lights. The fan switch just powers the fan.

I "could" be talked into taking the shroud apart and pulling the wall plate for photos, but not looking forward to it.

Did you have to enlarge the hole in the wall to accommodate the new switch?

Yes. The wall is very thin and cuts easily with a box cutter. (or even scissors)
Old 05-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
That is nice work Lou, only in our unit it already has 2 switches like in your pic. One for the overhead light and fan and the other for the vanity lights. Now do they make a triple switch unit is the question.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #12

dnm1987. We have a 1809s 2011 and I have no problem with this fantastic fan. The switch on the wall run the fan. You have 3 speeds to choose and the vent must be opened high enough in order to run the fan. I gess if you have exhausted all the possibilities than bring the trailer to the dealer. Try to have acces to the fan wiring direct and connect some 12 volts ( PORTABLE 12 VOLTS BATTERY)directly to the wires? good luck I hope you like your 1809s lots of room for the size of this trailer.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Lou how difficult was this?

Not very. As with all my "simple jobs" it was harder than I thought. My 15 minute job took about 2 hours.

And did you have to run any new wires?

Yes, I used 14Ga double speaker wire (silver/Gold) to run power from the switch to the Vent. I used that because I had a 250 foot roll and no idea what to do with it!

I found the item on eBay NEW RV CAMPER 12V POWER VENT BATH LIGHT WALL SWITCH ON | eBay

That was the vendor. fast shipping with no issues.

Is it a matter of separating existing fan and light wires in the existing switch and connecting them to the new one then I can handle that.

Well, here is the deal. There is a single run of switched power to the fan shroud and a junction that then routes power to the fan; ceiling light fixture and vanity lights. I made a jumper that went from the "Lights" lug to the "Fan" lug. I tied the grounds together in the wall. Then I ran a new wire to the fan shroud and it was not all that hard to fish.

I used the existing run to pull the new run and a heavy string into the shroud. I untied the new run and pulled the existing run back into the switch box with the string. The lights switch now powers the ceiling lights and vanity lights. The fan switch just powers the fan.

I "could" be talked into taking the shroud apart and pulling the wall plate for photos, but not looking forward to it.

Did you have to enlarge the hole in the wall to accommodate the new switch?

Yes. The wall is very thin and cuts easily with a box cutter. (or even scissors)
Ok, I think I can do this. The detailed explanation eliminates the need for pictures.

Thanks!!
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #14

I have the same fan

I had the same problem with my fan and found the pressure switch had no spring in it so it wouldn't pop up when I opened the cover. I'm still looking for that part. if anyone has an idea would love to know where to pick one up.
jbrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrule View Post
I had the same problem with my fan and found the pressure switch had no spring in it so it wouldn't pop up when I opened the cover. I'm still looking for that part. if anyone has an idea would love to know where to pick one up.
If it was me I would call the manufacture and tell them what is going on - and see if they will send you the piece.

After I bought my trailer and had issues with the rubber covers on the axles - I called and told them the situation and they sent me a few in the mail.
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan