Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2009, 05:32 AM   #1

Day/Night Shade Problems

Has anyone had the following problem and if so how did you remedy it. The shade behind the sofa on our 2008 ROCKWOOD 2601SS will not close completely because the knob to open the wndow is in the way. I guess I could force it but the chance of breaking the shade is great.

Also, another day/night shade is uneven (the bottom) when pulled down and when you push the shade up it goes up crooked. How can I even out the shade.

Also, my 2601 came without a remote or operating instructions for the Concertone ZX75 DVD player and my dealer has been unresposive to my requests. Does anyone know where I can acquire these items ? Thanks for your help.
Lunkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:52 AM   #2

We have the same problem with the shade over the window on the slide. It is very difficult to get it over the knob, but I am able to pull out the shade slightly to go over the knob. It does have to be forced but be careful and only use as much as you need to ease the shade over the knob. So far it has not broken but we don't open it much due to that. Not a good design.

I am not sure about the problem with the crooked shade. You may have to work with it to get it up straight. It may not have been installed properly.

Sorry, I can't help with the manual. My 2004 only came with a radio/cd/tape player.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:56 AM   #3
Grape Escape

Just pull shades down harder on high end. Need to pull down in middle or use one hand at each end of shade evenly. They will straighten out. Window knob can be overcome by pulling shade slightly away if clearance permits.
I would not pay for remote and am sure someone could donate one as rest of Concertone system will crash it's just a matter of when.
Other than that enjoy your new toy
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:59 AM   #4
Site Team

Ours was so hard to get over the knob that we took out
the screw in the knob and pulled it off.
When we want to open or close the window we stick the knob
back on without the screw.
We keep the knob in the drawer next to the couch.
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I do like Kim and just pull the shade towards me a little, and it goes right over the knobs.

The venetian blind shades over the sink was another problem. I ended up cutting the blinds around the knob......IMHO it don't look bad.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #6

Same here, just pull out, it took a little while to get used to. Off topic, have you noticed any condensation on your skylight above the shower? Mine has, I pulled the inner cover and my screws were rusted, could not find any seal leaks, although I am going to eternabond all my seals just in case!
rcnhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:27 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnhoward View Post
Off topic, have you noticed any condensation on your skylight above the shower? Mine has, I pulled the inner cover and my screws were rusted, could not find any seal leaks, although I am going to eternabond all my seals just in case!
I haven't noticed any condensation but if your skylight is similar to mine this is what could be an issue causing it.The skylight in our shower had marks that were not inside or outside but between the outter and inner pieces. I removed the inside piece and found that the opening around the sides were not sealed and I could look right into the ceiling system of wood, metal framing, insulation etc. The inside piece allows light through but is not clear so you can't see that the framing etc is exposed in there. I had a nice collection of dirt and debris, I guess from construction but a few bugs as well. I took Aluminum Tape and sealed off from top to bottom. Straightened the cut out and cleaned both pieces of the skylight. It definitely looks ten times better than FR's work. The heat out of the ceiling versus the cool air if you're running the AC is probably causing the condensation. If it's cool outside and you take a hot shower this too may produce the condensation on the skylight.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood