Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2017, 08:07 PM   #1

Day/Night Shade Replacement

I have a 74 x 37 Shade that needs to be replaced on the rear wall of our 2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite #2604. The window dressing and shade came down by design and easily. But I'm concerned about the wall construction and installing the replacements. Should the same screws and holes be used. Should plastic expansion shields be used. I do't want them falling off the wall while in transit - well actually at any time. Thank you!!
Richard Burkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:13 PM   #2
Kasual Kamper

If the screws go into the old holes and fasten tightly, I think you're good to go. If not, you can try caulking the old holes and reattaching once the caulk has cured.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:51 AM   #3
2017 Windjammer 3029w

Using same holes should be fine unless you find they are very loose in the hole. If loose, you can get a next size screw or move next to hole, but you are likely good with same holes. Why need another shade? If only due to strings, you can Youtube how to restring. Takes a few minutes to do, but not overly difficult.
Dastagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:05 AM   #4

All video's I've see were 2 string, not 4 string. The springs, rails and string layout for this are different than others I've seen. I've contacted the manufacturer, United, as was told it is imported and cannot be restrung. For the replacement cost, I'm ok with replacing. I'm just concerned about screwing into what I suppose is the foam wall.
Richard Burkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:17 AM   #5
2017 Windjammer 3029w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Burkman View Post
All video's I've see were 2 string, not 4 string. The springs, rails and string layout for this are different than others I've seen. I've contacted the manufacturer, United, as was told it is imported and cannot be restrung. For the replacement cost, I'm ok with replacing. I'm just concerned about screwing into what I suppose is the foam wall.
Ok, however mine are four string and easily did mine, but replacing may be easier. Actually, mine were two long strings made to be four strings showing, so maybe yours if actually four? Adjusting the draw strength is the hardest job of all of it and you may want to watch a few videos to help with adjusting to make it go up and down correctly. Still, using th same screw holes should work just fine.
Dastagg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement