Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2022, 02:24 PM   #1

Dealer wants me to accept color change

We ordered the 2509s w/ brown furniture and the lighter cabinets six months ago. The dealer called me and said the price went up 31K to 34K and is it okay if we change the brown to gray. I said that’s okay and waited for the new sales quote w/ vin #. I went over the new quote and it seams a little high. Then I noticed the dealer changed the cabinets from the lighter color to autumn wood. I sent a email letting him know I don’t like the autumn wood. He hasn’t answered back yet. Anyone else having issues like this? Thanks for any advice, this is my first TT.
Huckleberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:43 PM   #2
D W

I'd venture to guess that the products you wanted are not available due to supply constraints. I think what they're telling you is that holding out for what you want could delay your delivery for months. My dealer orders out of the Oregon Plant and he hasn't done any special orders going on three years now. Instead, he picks the most popular colors/floorplans and options based on availability. he has to order in October for a no later than April delivery. Our camping season is 3 months at best. It does no good for him to receive a special order in August.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:31 PM   #3

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	4D7AFDFF-C71B-4518-B76C-984DFED2D1DB.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	268041
I am sure that’s true. The shortages are effecting everyone. I put a picture of the two colors on here and it’s obvious to me why those colors are left. They are dated and not for me (left). If he wants to drop the price back down, I would accept that. Other than that I think I’ll wait until those colors I chose originally are back (right).
Old 01-21-2022, 05:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry75 View Post
We ordered the 2509s w/ brown furniture and the lighter cabinets six months ago. The dealer called me and said the price went up 31K to 34K and is it okay if we change the brown to gray. I said that’s okay and waited for the new sales quote w/ vin #. I went over the new quote and it seams a little high. Then I noticed the dealer changed the cabinets from the lighter color to autumn wood. I sent a email letting him know I don’t like the autumn wood. He hasn’t answered back yet. Anyone else having issues like this? Thanks for any advice, this is my first TT.
Can you please share your dealers name, hope it's not the same I'm using and waiting on a build date.
Giboneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:22 PM   #5

I talked with a dealer yesterday and they said due to supply issues it was not unusual for trailer to come in with no furniture. It would come shipped later.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
I talked with a dealer yesterday and they said due to supply issues it was not unusual for trailer to come in with no furniture. It would come shipped later.

That’s odd, when I went out to pick up trailers for my dealer, there were rows of trailers just sitting outside waiting on parts, some were just waiting for curtains. All has stickers saying “ do not ship”
JP Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 09:19 AM   #7

Dealer changed the colors results new TT

Hello everyone,
I recently posted about the dealer changing the interior colors on us. It was not the amber wood box that was checked. Turned out to be a darker gray that’s not listed on sales paper. I was very happy with the colors and not so much with the price hike. I bought it anyways, considering the other quotes I got for the original colors I wanted would be two grand more from any other dealers. I probably would’ve got it no matter what colors it was considering he had me over a barrel with that two grand for color change. Either way we love our new 2509S mini lite. Can’t wait for warmer weather, already have a few trips planned.
Thanks for all the help with the comments on my first post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C190035C-5DF7-4F30-924C-0F6C49D8AA34.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	268341  
Old 02-04-2022, 10:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry75 View Post
Hello everyone,
I recently posted about the dealer changing the interior colors on us. It was not the amber wood box that was checked. Turned out to be a darker gray that’s not listed on sales paper. I was very happy with the colors and not so much with the price hike. I bought it anyways, considering the other quotes I got for the original colors I wanted would be two grand more from any other dealers. I probably would’ve got it no matter what colors it was considering he had me over a barrel with that two grand for color change. Either way we love our new 2509S mini lite. Can’t wait for warmer weather, already have a few trips planned.
Thanks for all the help with the comments on my first post.
The Autumn wood is a pretty nice color, Congrats on your new camper! IM picking up my 2509s in a few weeks and it to has the Autumn wood color cabinets.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:08 PM   #9
Scoundrel

Congratulations on the new camper.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer