Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 04:33 PM   #41

D_B Travelers,

Right on.

Not great but good sales experience. Service experience is a rear kicking experience every time.

Oh, by the way.....

Funtown RV in Cleburne, TX

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Klbrown53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:39 PM   #42

Have to agree with the WJ owners, its a great trailer in and out. Thus causing me to hesitate pulling the trigger on a new 5er, thinking Cardinal at this point, because I read all the negativity yet I am not experiencing any of this. Some times the grass is not greener on the other side, this is what I am weighing.
The WJ is the bomb.
speckeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:49 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
And RV forums, not just this one, attract those with problems and not those who don't have any.
I agree with you Dan. Most posts are about problems so it would be easy to assume all have problems after reading the posts.

But I come here to learn more about my RV and help others with what I've learned myself!
danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:21 PM   #44

Our 2013 RPod 177 is perfect! The issues have been very small and quickly handled at the dealership or over the phone. FMB Trailer Sales in Holmen, WI has been great!
DebbieHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #45

We have a new Rockwood 8280 5er and are very happy with it . I think a lot has to do with the dealer on how they prepare the units our dealer went through the unit before we took del . and walked us through every aspect of the unit . This is our second unit in three years and would recommend to anyone .
Old 08-21-2015, 10:20 PM   #46

I love my Microlite 19FD, yes there were some loose screws so I tightened them up!
What better way for me to get to know my TT than a little TLC, I do feel for those who have had serious problems and I don't make light of them either, but so far I have had a great experience and Great times with my wife camping.
WeLikaCamping!
Thanks Forest River, and thanks for this post, this is what makes this sight so great!

Happy Camper!
The Deans Brownsville Texas
run2jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:26 PM   #47

On board. 2015 Jammer 3006wk. Approximately 8 weeks spent in her and nothing that I couldn't adjust/ tighten up myself. They did have to install a new outdoor kitchen slide out counter top before delivery due to inconsiderate browsers while it was on display at the dealership. I noticed that the dealership resembles a Bass Pro Shops with kids running through the units as if they were just big playgrounds!
McFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:24 AM   #48
MCTroy

left out

Reading all the posts about problems with TT we were feeling left out. Our 3009W has been perfect. Only criticism is the weak surround sound but we don't go camping to watch tv.
Sitting by the "fireplace" on a chilly Ohio morning watching the fog roll on the river. Loving every minute in our Windjammer!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:38 AM   #49

Forgot to mention. RVs are not unlike telecom systems. I was in the telecom industry for over 40 years. When we put a telecom system in for a customer one of three things happened.

1. They never had any problems with it.

2. There were minor problems that were easily repaired.

3. Everything that could go wrong usually did.

Our first RV was a 1 year old Jayco and we never took it back except for a few times for required maintenance. That was one. Our Rockwood is our second RV and we have had it back several times for warranty items but nothing major. That is two. So now I am not sure if we ever want to risk buying another RV and fulfilling number three.

I know that most Forest River owners have a good experience but then just like telecom there are a few who are living a nightmare. Good dealer service support can help and good Forest River support can help. Also, support on this forum has helped me more than once. I just hope that those with major problems get them worked out.

I am also glad to hear that a few folks are not having any problems.

Ken

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Klbrown53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:58 AM   #50

Thank You

I'm really pleased with this thread. Obviously, there are many happy owners of Forest River products, and I would bet that the happy campers far outnumber the unhappy.

I'm very surprised to see so many Windjammer owners chime in. I didn't intend for this to be a Windjammer love fest, but it kind of went that way. I am hoping to see more posts from owners of other Forest River products, also, but I posted this in the Rockwood Forum, so I am sure it has been missed by many other members with other Forest River brands.

Keep the posts coming.

Bruce
Old 08-22-2015, 09:16 AM   #51

Sounds like the Windjammer plant has a very good group of assemblers.
pjnlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #52
Do It Yourselfer

On my third 'Forest River' unit and have yet to have a major issue. At the FROG Rally we were approached twice because our Flagstaff didn't have a work sheet attached. Even walked the Rep though trying to find something for them to do.

I agree with the posts above .. come here to 'ask' for assistance, so we can lend our knowledge. If you're post is just adding your complaints and a list of all of "your scratches and dings", with no resolution, then let Froggers who can advise them.
If an original post seeks help, don't add another post just to vent your simular issues.... offer suggestions to remedy their concerns.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It's Easy to take 'Liberty' for granted, When you have never had it taken from You!
wuffwuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:35 PM   #53

Loving our Palomino Solaire 269bhdsk. We just passed our one year anniversary.
Camping right now and saw this thread. Had to chime in that there are good units out there. Lots of them. Most who own them aren't on forums. I'm only here because I like to learn, and I've found the forum to be a great place to find ways to spend more $$ on upgrades and gadgets.
Happy camping!
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #54

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
We were looking for a 5er when we walked into our Windjammer 3029W.....thought we were in a 5er living room. We've loved ours. Easy hauling in the Rockies last summer. The living room and its "hugeness" is what sold us on it. We went from a 29 foot Jayco TT to our 3029W.....we get out of breath just crossing the living room. Only complaint we had was crappy tires which FR fixed for us by giving us $300 with just 2000 miles on them. I told them they had a great product with crap for wheels. Upgraded to 10 ply and a good brand tire.
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise115 View Post
Hi Elkton. Grew up in Aberdeen and used to go with my buddy to the diner in Elkton in the wee hours. Also tent camped at Elk Neck SP a lot. Wow that was 40 years ago!
We've dry camped at Elk Neck, and really liked the park. Have another weekend booked with hookups in November, if it's not too cold by then.

The Elkton Diner on 40 isn't open 24 hours anymore, there used to be a Denny's but it closed up too, only Waffle House is open late at night now.
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #56

Our V-Lite came down the Same line as your Jammer! Is it Perfect? NO! I have never seen a Perfect anything! We keep working on it to make it Ours,and We (Love It)! F/R seems to Listen to the Owners concerns! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:58 AM   #57

When we returned from our 1st outing, we logged over 2,000 miles. I noticed a crack in the side wall above the bedroom slide out. My dealer jumped on it immediately contacted FR and it went back to factory for a new side wall. Things happen its no ones fault. My only other issue was the control panel. There's a massive amount of wires stuffed in such a small area behind the control panel it bowed the control panel out and crack the screw holes. Again my dealer got on the ball and got me a new panel. I added clips to prevent it from happening again. With this said, I still feel our Jammer is as perfect as perfect can be with no workmanship problems. I strongly believe FR manufactures good products and will stand behind them, but you have to have a good dealer to make things happen...

edit: after it came back from the factory with the new side wall, I replaced the tires with Maxxis... The original tires still looked new, but I read too many horror stories...

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #58

So... it's perfect... for now. Congratulations, and I sincerely hope it stays that way (no sarcasm intended). But, to say that something brand new is good is kind of premature. My neighbor once told me his new Chebby was the 'best truck ever"... I had a new '02 F-150 company truck at the same time. His Chebby had the engine and transmission replaced under warranty within 6 months of purchase. He sold it and bought another and had good luck with it. The company sold my F-150 about 5 months ago with 345,000+ miles on the original truck... with no major repairs... original engine and transmission, etc. I can honestly say that that was a good truck. I hope for your sake in a few years, you can still say the same about your 'Jammer... Your enthusiasm has me considering looking at them... as I'm in the market for a new TT with more space for grand kids...

Enjoy!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #59

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
J&D.....you'll love the size of the living rooms in the Windjammers. We do! I get out of breath just walking from one end to the other.
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:28 PM   #60

Well, finally I don't feel lonely. We have a 28RKS Wildcat in its fourth season and virtually trouble free. And for added measure, we are our final 4 nights of a three month trip to the Arctic Ciast via Alaska ( think 1000 miles of gravel road ) and didn't even have flat tire on the Goodyear Marathon "crap China bombs" that everyone complains about. I'm all about PM and I think the end result is NO problems on the road.
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, rockwood, windjammer