Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2016, 09:53 AM   #1

Dent in floor under couch bed

We have a 2703WS which we are very happy with so far, our floor is the stone looking vinyl. I noticed after converting the couch to a bed and putting back in there is a quarter sized dent in the floor, from what I can gather being an Ultra Lite the floor is a sealed foam so I would imagine that may be the source of the issue, has anyone else encountered this or similar, it's not the end of the world but I am a little disappointed this could happen and was not designed with a larger leg pad, I guess I may try putting a carpet under the leg but feel I shouldn't have to do a modification on a basically new trailer to avoid further damage. Any thoughts would be appreciated !!
NOREASTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
DW's 401(k) Plan

Pictures? I might have the same thing under the one side of my slide. I need to take a picture this evening and post it to see if it's similar.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:46 AM   #3

I will do the same, now I'm wondering if instead of the couch bed leg maybe it's when the slideout is closed and caused by that, I will post a picture tonight
Old 08-23-2016, 02:29 PM   #4

I had the same problem. Luckily only bad n one side because the other side almost always happened to have a rug under the bed leg. What causes the dent is the round rubber pad at the botton of the bed legs. The part that swings out and sits on the floor. What I did was to remove the round pad, then I screwed on plywood squares about 4'' then I glued carpet to the bottom of the plywood. No more dent. I am happy to report that my dent has mostly popped back and is now hard to find. I also painted the plywood to closely match the cabinet color. No one can tell it wasn't made that way from the factory. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:45 PM   #5

I saw a repair video for vinyl floor repair that has you press on the dent edges, maybe the plywood did that around it and allowed it to pop up. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #6
Site Team

My center sofa leg went thru the floor. I screwed 4"x4" blocks under the sofa to prevent the skinny legs from punching thru. Later, forest river replaced the skinny legs with large round ones that distribute the weight better. They also replaced the floor with the hole in it.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:19 PM   #7
DW's 401(k) Plan

I went out and moved the rugs DW now has under the sofa and put the slide out......

Then I moved the sofa in about 1/2 way.......

And lastly, I moved the sofa all the way in. The small water bottle is directly across from where the dent is......

So, as you can see, the little brown plastic slide does not directly rest where the dent/rip is located. HOWEREVER! What I did notice was as the slide was going out, the front dips down for several inches before coming back up and staying up as the slide traverses out.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:17 PM   #8

Ours has a dent in front of the couch, but it looks like it was repaired. We think it was done at the factory.

I anchored the couch because it moved away from the wall when traveling. The legs are barely on the slide-out floor when it's touching the wall. I was told the couch was not anchored because it wouldn't open if it was tight against the wall, but it opens fine.

I don't think ours has a center leg. I'll have to look at it.

2017 Rockwood 2703WS - Sold
2015 Keystone Sprinter 333FWFLS
2017 F250, 6.2 Gas, 3.73 Axle, 2902 lb Payload
If women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy!
andymil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed

« 2304 DS | Tool box »