Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2019, 08:44 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Apparently according to a local Elkhart TV Station investigation lots of drug use is prevalent. Seems the ability to do good work might be impaired due to this.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:49 AM   #22

If you buy a new RV and expect everything to be perfect, then you have had your head in the sand and haven't done your homework.
When anyone in our group buys a new RV, we all know they will be fixing and adjusting something on every trip for at least a year. Thankfully, most RVers are fairly handy at DIY, either naturally or out of necessity
Just the way it is, and I don't see it getting better any time soon. Sales are still breaking records, so the manufacturers have little incentive to do better.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.P View Post
I worked on military aircraft for 30 yrs. My expectations are obviously too high for RV's. But seriously, put some pride in your work already. Lol

I can relate, I worked fighters for 16 years, you accounted for every piece of safety wire, hardware and tools. If you broke a tool, every piece was accounted for, nothing should wind up on the aircraft.

As others have stated, boats are just as bad.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:54 AM   #24
Kasual Kamper

Another point I've seen discussed is that no one worker does things the same way. Two of the same model may have completely different wiring, plumbing hookups and fit and finish. Close enough is good enough for whatever plan they're following.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote