Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2018, 12:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrav View Post
We also purchased a 2018 2902Ws

What do you do about the refrigerator for storage when the slide out is retracted? I have always just left mine open to prevent condensation and mold.

Thanks,

Bob
There are some built in tabs that pop out to hold the door open an inch or so.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:40 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSims View Post
There are some built in tabs that pop out to hold the door open an inch or so.
Thanks. I will look for them.

Bob
HappyTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:03 AM   #23

Quote:
We also purchased a 2018 2902Ws

What do you do about the refrigerator for storage when the slide out is retracted? I have always just left mine open to prevent condensation and mold.

Thanks,

Bob
We always keep baking soda in the refrigerator and when storing the trailer, we also put this hold open device to make sure there is plenty of air circulating.Click image for larger version

Name:	Ref Hold Open.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	174564
BigBear0216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:54 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear0216 View Post
We always keep baking soda in the refrigerator and when storing the trailer, we also put this hold open device to make sure there is plenty of air circulating.Attachment 174564
We always did the same but I don't thing that's there is enough room to do that with the slide in.

Bob
Old 06-04-2018, 10:17 AM   #25

Quote:
We always did the same but I don't thing that's there is enough room to do that with the slide in.

Bob
Actually, there is plenty of room. We have the same trailer and have stored it like this the whole time. When it is static on the storage lot, this solution works to make sure the doors don't accidentally close and leave us with a stench. We always close the doors before we get underway to ensure we don't get stuff banging together. That is never an issue for us because we always start the refrigerator up to get it cooling down while we are on the road.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:59 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear0216 View Post
Actually, there is plenty of room. We have the same trailer and have stored it like this the whole time. When it is static on the storage lot, this solution works to make sure the doors don't accidentally close and leave us with a stench. We always close the doors before we get underway to ensure we don't get stuff banging together. That is never an issue for us because we always start the refrigerator up to get it cooling down while we are on the road.
That's great to hear. I didn't think that it would fit in there. I will order a set for when it is in storage.

We also start and load the fridge before we head out. Our first outing with the new camper will be in a couple of weeks.

Bob
Old 06-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #27

Quote:
That's great to hear. I didn't think that it would fit in there. I will order a set for when it is in storage.

We also start and load the fridge before we head out. Our first outing with the new camper will be in a couple of weeks.

Bob
There are clips built into the handle/latch of the fridge. You don't need to buy anything. I'm not at my camper now, otherwise I'd take a pic for you.

Open your door and you see there's a part of the handle that you can pull into a clip to partially close the door. It latches closed, but not all the way.
csyrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:02 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by csyrell View Post
There are clips built into the handle/latch of the fridge. You don't need to buy anything. I'm not at my camper now, otherwise I'd take a pic for you.

Open your door and you see there's a part of the handle that you can pull into a clip to partially close the door. It latches closed, but not all the way.
Not all fridges have built-in latches. Mine came with these blue ones:

They look like this:
z

Some folks have these:

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:03 PM   #29

Quote:

I found them. They are in the center of each latch for the handle.

Without you posting and looking it up in the manual I never would have found them.

Thank you,

Bob
Old 06-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #30

Quote:

Without you posting and looking it up in the manual I never would have found them.

Thank you,

Bob
I tried using those clips on ours but for some reason, on our unit at least, they seem fragile. I didn't want to chance breaking them which is why I went the way of the aftermarket piece. I figured that would be cheaper than breaking a handle assembly.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:30 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Not all fridges have built-in latches. Mine came with these blue ones:

They look like this:
z

Some folks have these:
Understand. However, this thread was specific to the 2902WS, which has a different door/handle configuration than do the Mini-Lites. These clips won't work on the Ultra-Lite fridge we have in the 2902WS.

BTW, last year I owned a mini-lite and used those same clips that you are showing.

Old 06-04-2018, 01:32 PM   #32

Quote:

Thank you,

Bob
I have to give credit to my dealer (John K at Seven O's in Cicero, NY). He figured it out for me!!! I'm just paying it forward!!!

Could/would you post a pic of them so folks can see the difference?
Old 06-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #33

Quote:
I have to give credit to my dealer (John K at Seven O's in Cicero, NY). He figured it out for me!!! I'm just paying it forward!!!

Could/would you post a pic of them so folks can see the difference?
This is with the tab in the normal position:

To is with the tab extended to prop the door open:

It does feel kinda flimsy but there is so little clearance with the slide in that I doubt not know if there is room for anything else.

Bob
Old 06-04-2018, 02:37 PM   #34

Quote:
This is with the tab in the normal position:

To is with the tab extended to prop the door open:

It does feel kinda flimsy but there is so little clearance with the slide in that I doubt not know if there is room for anything else.

Bob
Doesn't "kind of flimsy" sort of go along with RV parts / construction? LOL
Old 06-04-2018, 02:39 PM   #35

Quote:
Doesn't "kind of flimsy" sort of go along with RV parts / construction? LOL
Too bad the flimsy parts don't come with a cheap price tag!
Old 06-06-2018, 11:48 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrimshaw View Post
Also installed the furrion electric fireplace/heater which we love. Let me know if your interested, i have another one available.

I might be interested in your fireplace/heater. I would like to see pictures of your installation please. I’ve got a 2902WS also. PM me please.

Thanks, Mike
MichaelF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #37

Towing experience with 2902WS

Noticed on this thread that a member is pulling this model with a Ford EcoBoost. We have a Ford F150 V8 and are concerned with the weight and length. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated

DAB46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB46 View Post
Noticed on this thread that a member is pulling this model with a Ford EcoBoost. We have a Ford F150 V8 and are concerned with the weight and length. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated
It all depends on the capacity of your specific vehicle. V8 isn't enough to determine the capability. Gear Ratios, bed size, cab size, etc. Many things come into play. For my truck, I believe my towing capacity is 10,600 lbs. I also have the 10k Equilizer Weight Distribution and Anti-Sway system. I feel very comfortable towing down the highway at 65-70, and have pushed 75-80 in order to complete some passes.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:13 AM   #39

Trailer Towing Guides | How Much Can You Pull | How to tow safely | www.trailerlife.com

If you haven't looked up your vehicle, I highly recommend this website and their tow guides for pretty much all TV's. You really need to dig deep into your VIN to get a precise reading.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:22 AM   #40

Quote:
It all depends on the capacity of your specific vehicle. V8 isn't enough to determine the capability. Gear Ratios, bed size, cab size, etc. Many things come into play. For my truck, I believe my towing capacity is 10,600 lbs. I also have the 10k Equilizer Weight Distribution and Anti-Sway system. I feel very comfortable towing down the highway at 65-70, and have pushed 75-80 in order to complete some passes.
My bad, my TV is at 11,200lbs. Dry Weight of the Trailer is 6929lbs, so that leaves me with over 4,000 lbs of "stuff" between the camper and my TV. With the TV's towing package, and the WD/Anti-Sway Hitch, along with the Turbo (Ecoboost), I'm comfortable.

BUTTTTTTTTT, if you look on the guide at Trailer Towing Guides | How Much Can You Pull | How to tow safely | www.trailerlife.com, a 2013 F150 V8 with Regular Cab, Short Bed, 2WD has a towing capacity of only 7,900lbs.

This is why is so important to dive deep into the VIN of your specific TV.

Hope this helps!!!

Tags
rockwood