Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2015, 06:46 PM   #1

dome covers cracked

I was preparing my camper for a Hurricane/ Noreaster that was due to hit Virginia in the next several days. The camper is stored away from trees, so that is not an issue. I lowered the tongue and adjusted the stabilizers to minimize any wind getting under the TT. I also closed my 3 roof vents as a preventive measure. I have the dome covers on all 3, when I was closing them I noticed that 2 of them were cracked. I don't know how that happened, since I had the dealer install the covers when the camper was purchased. They have not been directly exposed to sun. I really don't think it an issue since I have the large vent covers and they do keep out any rain and they still operate but have cracks in them. Is this a big project to just replace the dome covers ? They probably should be replaced, so the camper could be buttoned up if need be. They are really thin plastic and don't feel very durable. I guess its just one of those wear items. Always something.
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:07 PM   #2

If you are thinking or replacing...
I'm sure it is not a big thing as long as you can get to the roof and be comfortable working up there.

Not knowing your brand I looked on amazon for replacement fantastic vent replacement and came up with this...

http://www.amazon.com/Fan-Tastic-Fan.../dp/B00BR2CK8K

I am pretty sure they are all the same no matter the brand, but if yours are different you can search for your brand...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Firth View Post
I was preparing my camper for a Hurricane/ Noreaster that was due to hit Virginia in the next several days. The camper is stored away from trees, so that is not an issue. I lowered the tongue and adjusted the stabilizers to minimize any wind getting under the TT. I also closed my 3 roof vents as a preventive measure. I have the dome covers on all 3, when I was closing them I noticed that 2 of them were cracked. I don't know how that happened, since I had the dealer install the covers when the camper was purchased. They have not been directly exposed to sun. I really don't think it an issue since I have the large vent covers and they do keep out any rain and they still operate but have cracks in them. Is this a big project to just replace the dome covers ? They probably should be replaced, so the camper could be buttoned up if need be. They are really thin plastic and don't feel very durable. I guess its just one of those wear items. Always something.
It's actually very easy to change the lids. Sometimes Walmart has them or Campingworld. Lots on line also. Take a photo of the hinge 1st. There are 3 styles all very different. Take phone to store or online for purchase. Installation instruc. on box, very easy.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover