Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2020, 05:15 PM   #1

Drill pump/ grey water transfer

Has anyone ever hooked up dump fitting cap with the hose outlet, hooked to hose-drill pump-discharge hose-then to black water flush fitting to move water from grey to black?

If so, chance of plugging up the flush fittings with any debris from the grey tank?
Chris Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:48 AM   #2

Myself I would not do this having to deal with a full gray tank is much less problems then a full black tank. My concern would be for plugging the nozzle of the black tank sprayer and also any scum left behind from the gray water. Gray water to a bucket to the toilet seems like a better method to me. JMO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:03 AM   #3
Brake is on left

You are likely to. Clog the inlet screen on the pump or the flush line before the spray head. Why not pump it to a tank and take it to the dump?
Or is it that you need more gray capacity than black?
We wash dishes outside when out for a while. The screen in the dry sink keeps food contained so we can toss it in the trash. Not so sure I would do it in bear country though. I'm sure there is still food scent to attract them.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:33 AM   #4
Site Team

I would not do this as it is very easy to clog up the sprayer in the black tank flush and it would be difficult to clean with out a major effort.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:57 AM   #5

DONT DO IT !!!!! I see plugged flush fittings...
We have had a few occasions requiring to move grey to black.
Leaving the cap on the discharge,
open the grey dump
open the black dump, grey will flow to equalize between tanks.
Close the black 1st then the grey.
use a basin under the discharge and slowly open with caution...

We use a basin for washing dishes and that water goes into the toilet to begin with.
2011 HD Road King
Nights camped since 2019.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:26 AM   #6

If you want to pump the gray water somewhere, why not just into a tote and take it to a dump station.

I use a Flowjet macerator pump to empty whichever tank is filling up when I'm boondocking. It goes into a 28 gallon Rhino tank sitting in my pickup bed. Dumps easily through a regular dump hose from the side valve. No lifting on either end of the process.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 12:25 PM   #7

We do dishes most of the time inside. So we wipe them down good with a paper towel before washing them which saves a lot of water and gray tank space. It also keeps the gunk out of the gray tank as there is not a flush for that tank. Your gray tank can also get pretty nasty with grease and stuff left in it for a while.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:16 PM   #8

This👍👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
If you want to pump the gray water somewhere, why not just into a tote and take it to a dump station.

I use a Flowjet macerator pump to empty whichever tank is filling up when I'm boondocking. It goes into a 28 gallon Rhino tank sitting in my pickup bed. Dumps easily through a regular dump hose from the side valve. No lifting on either end of the process.
Yep, pump costs a few bucks but super handy setup to use at home or on the road.

The pump to a tote to dump station, or if we go home with full tanks, the pump to a 50' 3/4" black tank garden hose in through the bathroom window and down the hopper.

Also how we know using Happy Campers tank treat eliminates black and gray tank odors...
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey water, pump, water