Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2017, 08:42 AM   #1

Dual Pane windows?

Anybody get dual pane windows for their Mini Lite?

We're probably going to end up ordering the one we want and will probably get the dual pane windows. Cold isn't really the problem for us, but living in the south, condensation during the hot months and AC is.

Just wondering what people have thought who have them. I don’t think Ive ever seen them on frameless windows.
Ggimlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:52 AM   #2

Personally it’s just a matter of choice!!! I ordered my 2018 mini lite 2509S w/o dual pane!! I live n the Midwest but my dealer said they thought it was pretty much a waste overall! But if I wanted them they would order that way for me! I didn’t think it was worth the money!!! So I pretty much loaded up everywhere but without the dual pane! Good luck with whatever you decide and happy camping! [emoji41][emoji1591][emoji1303][emoji1308][emoji1305][emoji1309][emoji12]
stlramper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:56 AM   #3

Also one way to alleviate the condensation in a hot summer months and the A/C on!!! Is leave your roof vent cracked slightly open! It will help a lot!
stlramper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:00 PM   #4

We do keep the coach vented, but with the humidity what it is at the beach, it still accumulates moisture on some of the glass. The one we had with dual pane windows was much better, but I’ve never seen dual pane done in frameless windows. I guess it’s an option, but I’m not sure how they do it.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #5

Windows..

We have a 2507s minilite on order. Due to pick up in about 2 weeks. When going over options the dual window were the only thing the dealer didnt recomend unless we were going to be far north or south alot. Another thing he said is it sdds a fair amount of weight which brings down your weight you can take with you
Greg in Michigan
Greg in michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlramper View Post
Also one way to alleviate the condensation in a hot summer months and the A/C on!!! Is leave your roof vent cracked slightly open! It will help a lot!
Condensation on hot, humid days occurs on the outside of the windows! Opening the vent will not help. The AC unit will pull down the humidity on the inside.

We just spent the winter in central Florida and we always left a window cracked (24/7) to help with the internal moisture issue, opened and ran the bath vent when showering.

In central Florida everything worked well, but in colder climates 20 deg. and lower I can see condensation issues.
2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
1970 Yellowstone Used as down payment for first house
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:25 AM   #7

The Mini Lite 2504s we ended up buying didn't have the dual pane windows. We've only been out in it once in the cold weather and condensation wasn't an issue with some ventilation. The only place I did end up with some condensation was on the floor at the very front behind the murphy bed. There is no circulation down there and the floor showed some moisture. I dried it up a few times and will figure out a way to ventilate that area and maybe add a small fan.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:13 PM   #8

We first had the double-pane windows in our 2008 Montana 38' fifth wheel. No condensation when hot running a/c nor when cold running furnace. Proof they work was friends camping next door had condensation on windows, especially during cold weather. Have owned insulated windows ever since. Currently in a 2017 Rockwood 8299BS FW.

Tags
window