Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2016, 02:03 PM   #1

Epdm manufacturer for 2007 8272s/Roof repair

Hello everyone.

I bought a 2007 8272s new in 2008. Everything has been wonderful with it until last fall when I discovered a leak in the caulking on the roof. I caught it early when I discovered by walking on roof a spongy feeling to it. I pealed back the epdm roofing which was glued to the thin plywood. The rot had only invaded the rear 4x8' sheet. I stopped at that point rather than replace the entire roof. I replaced the sheet and placed the rv in covered storage for the winter. I never glued the membrane back on. Now that I have some good weather I want to finish job. Somehow I misplaced the contact info for my roof. I believe it contained "star" in the name. I bought some Alpha Systems Superflex adhesive before I researched the types of epdm roofs. It states it is good on most epdm roofs. I don't want to take the chance that it isn't. I remember going to the original manufacturers website and they sold their own type made for my roof. My roof have the felt on the back side with a texture on the other side to make it not slippery. Anyone know if the Alpha Sytems adhesive is compatible with my roof or has contact info for original manufacturer? Can that adhesive also be used to glue the plywood onto insulation? The insulation is a few inches thick, white, and looks like sheets of millions of small white balls of insulation compressed together.

Thanks in advance. Have a wonderful day.

Jim O.

Chico, CA
cluless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:55 AM   #2

hi, some one like this company would know first hand. EPDM is used all over for commercial flat and sloped roofing systems

good luck

Nor-Cal Roofing | Commercial Roofing | Chico | Orland | Corning
Funbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #3
Site Team

I believe my 2007 Rockwood Roo's roof was made by Alpha Systems.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:16 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I'll call Alpha Systems tomorrow.
cluless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8272s, repair, roof, roof repair