Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2018, 04:49 PM   #1

Extended warranty questions

Hi all,

new to the forums, new to camping in a rig really. just bought a 2008 rockwoord sig ultra lite 8313SS (for anyone who's curious). Im using this primarily as a weekend hunting rig. It has the space i need for the dog and a friend if ever someone should tag along.

here's the question. Im looking at buying an extended warranty and have gotten multiple quotes (wholesale warranties, RVing Solutions, and Good Sam so far) and i am wanting to find out if anyone has had any experience.

I'm looking at the Eagle programs with RVing Solutions
The Viking program with Wholesale
and Good Sam.

So far it appears that RVing Solutions has had the cheapest prices, but i know that cheap is not always best. So i am looking for anyone who has had any experience with any of these companies.

Thanks
MyRVqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Look at the requirements and exclusions 1st, then the price. Many extended warranties have lots of loopholes that make them only a good deal for the seller. Unless you are not able to do even the simplest of maint, you are usually better off putting the money in a bank and using it if needed. Also remember that warranty work pays less than non warranty work and dealer service centers are very busy, so getting the work done can take months depending on when you need it. Warranties on RVs are very different than those on personal vehicles.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Look at the requirements and exclusions 1st, then the price. Many extended warranties have lots of loopholes that make them only a good deal for the seller. Unless you are not able to do even the simplest of maint, you are usually better off putting the money in a bank and using it if needed. Also remember that warranty work pays less than non warranty work and dealer service centers are very busy, so getting the work done can take months depending on when you need it. Warranties on RVs are very different than those on personal vehicles.

ok so i should clarify because this is very good information. lol the first thing i did was have them send over their coverage so i could see what wasn't covered. My biggest concerns to be honest are the AC the Fridge and the slideouts. In my research these appear to be the the most common issues people are having with these things (campers in general not necessarily my rig) im assuming costs of campers are far more than normal life and if one of those things fail im pretty close to breaking even, if multiple fail then im ahead of the game. So, have you heard anything regarding those specific companies?
MyRVqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:30 PM   #4
Site Team

Most warranties like these, don't cover the real common and expensive RV problems, like delamination and roof issues.

Be sure to read all the fine print and exemptions.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty