Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddupton View Post

I finished installing the sing and stove today but still waiting on the faucet.
Looks like it fit well, any clearance issues on the bottom? How does the unit attach to the metal slide tray? Clamps? Any mods or cutting needed ?

Please post pics of the completed install once you have the faucet in place.
MC3156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:06 AM   #22

The sink did not fit the opening I had to make the hole bigger to fit. I also did raise the sliding tray and shelf up about 1 1/2” for clearance of the drain. I ran the gas supply hose through the floor and to the stove so I don’t have to hook it up every time. For the drain I used washing machine discharge hose and it works perfectly. Just a few holes to fill from the latches that were moved up. Very happy with how it works. This stove you do have to lite by hand but does have thermocouples of the flame goes out.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:15 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrrider View Post
Good morning,

Last week we took delivery of our 2019.5 Mini Lite 2509s. We had been doing our homework and due to work schedule had decided to rent in the meanwhile. Over the last year we focused on narrowing our search and for me the 2509 was the trailer, the wife wanted a larger trailer and a permanent bed rather than the Murphy bed. Our choices were narrowed between the rockwood’s 2509, 2706 and the grand design 2400. In my view when truly paying attention the Rockwood was a better built trailer. Anyhow, since it seems like you have been looking at the 2509 prior to the mid year changes let me tell you what the changes have been as I am very familiar with the different models. I don’t have pictures but you can go to Rv trader, put a search for the 2509 and sort by recent, that will give you the new ones hitting the lot.

Outside.

For 2019 you will keep the oversized rack on the toungue that makes a great battery rack + storage, very easy to fit 3 or maybe 4 12v batteries and easily 2 6v batteries.

The accent colors changed to a darker brown almost black and no vertical stripes alongside of the windshield. Better look in my eyes.

Curb side, the steps have been replaced by a style similar to the moryde but these are made by LCI, great improvement. The gas grill LP port has been taken off the wall and placed on the frame, I prefer where it was but it’s easier to hook up this way. The outdoor kitchen has been changed completely, now it has a capital grill instead of the two burner top. It burns well. The sink initially left us thinking it was a loss but the spray port provided next to the outdoor kitchen is more versitale. Less water in the 30 gal grey tank, less food in the plumbing, easier to add water to the dog bowls and really rinse your hands. The hose provided is long enough that you can drape it over the spare tire and wash your hands behind the trailer if need to be. After this weekend we have to say that we are happy with the change. You also get storage above the capital grill now. Tail lights changed to brighter LED.

Interior. Two color options for 2019.5. We went with the chocolate/maple and it looks better than those in years prior. The Murphy bed received a headboard, previously you would have to fight to keep the pillows in the bed, now it serves as a shelf and it’s so tight against the mattress you won’t even lose your change. Major improvement, it also makes the mattress feel larger as you can get closer to the ledge with the pillows. I am 6’1 and my feet don’t dangle off the end. There was an electrical outlet on the left side (when looking out the windshield) of the nightstand, it has been relocated to the head of the board to make it easier to plug in the heated mattress and also charge electronic that one places on the headboard. The doors for the water heater and filter access can now be opened but there is a false wall behind them, improvement for maintenance. The sink is stainless steel with a two part cover. The over is superior looking, we order without but we’re told that the oven is no longer an option but rather mandatory. The drawer hardware has been changed and the handles accent the trailer well. The tub received a shower mister, check spelling but is bypass for when good docking, it tells you when hot water has arrived so you don’t waste water and fill the grey tank. Back to the Murphy bed the wardrobes have been extended all the way down to the nightstand and a drawer has been added to the bottom. The cushions on the couch seem to have gone to a softer version. The 2017 were too soft, in 2018 were rock hard but for 2019 they seem to be a good compromise.

These are all the changes I could think of, the capital grill is easy to clean, the one provided by the factory that attaches to the wall isn’t the greatest but it does the trick, it’s a pain in the ass to clean. I prefer the current setup and have been pleased with the changes made to the trailer. I got to see it as it arrived from the factory and it didn’t disappoint, yes it wasn’t shine up but it arrived all systems go and good workmanship. We tested everything during the PDI and this weekend and so far so good. I am very picky and detail oriented with high expectations, so far the trailer has met them and we are very pleased with it so far. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
all fantastic information.. thanks!
xtrandrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #24

Someone asked about the latter built 2507.
I just looked at a 2507s today with a build date of mid Aug/18. It still has the suburban 2 burner stove and a sink draining to the grey tank.
Didn't see the included grill so can't comment
lamokadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #25

We just picked up our 2019 2509s. I was concerned about the grill too. It is a bit small for two pots, so I plan an buying a one burner induction cooktop. We never cook inside or boondocks.
suzieshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:56 AM   #26

Flagstaff Sister Trailer

I have been researching the Flagstaff 25BRDS as they are sold locally. I see the changes mentioned above. It appears that more item are now standard than earlier models and the base price has gone up about $1,700 dollars.

I plan to remove the kitchen, bunk beds and move the storage area partition to make that area an office. Are there any issues you can think of from doing this remodel?
Old 10-19-2018, 06:03 AM   #27

The issue you would have would be the pvc drain line, water lines and electric run under the bottom bunk. I do not see any easy way to move it except replumbing it to be against the outside wall instead of in the middle of the floor. That would not be too hard to do but the electric would need a box put in to extend it. You could always build a floor up higher to cover the plumbing. Sounds easier to find a different model that would work better with your needs.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:54 AM   #28

I am looking at the late 2109 models without the sink so the drain should not be an issue. I am hoping to move the partition closer to the cargo door to allow legroom under a desktop but still have a small storage area.

I could just cap off the water lines and push through the floor if they are in the way. Does the gas line come up through the middle of the floor?

I have looked at similar 25' bunk models but they appear to have the water heater in the area and would limit space.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:03 AM   #29

The plumbing is and will be there. It’s for the shower. Mine has it and is a 19.5.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:37 PM   #30

Replaced my Capital Grille with a 3 burner drop in. Created post in the Mods Section with additional pictures and info on installing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F10403CD-ED82-4ACD-B92B-657DD24CC513.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	194838  
MC3156 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, gas, outdoor kitchen