RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-24-2020, 12:34 PM   #1

Filling freshwater tank with Shower Miser

There are a lot of threads in the forum about water tanks overfilling using the water miser in the shower. But I am thinking of doing this intentionally. Anyone see any issues with this?

I have a lot of trouble filling my fresh water tank. It gets to about 2/3 and starts spilling out. I have straightened the fill and vent lines, added a fill hose to my water filter, and tried to trickle the water in. But I seldom get more than 2/3 of a tankóthough this is better than the 1/3 I got when it was new...

Today I used the fresh to fill until I couldnít anymore, then switched to the City Water inlet and used the shower miser to finish the job. Seemed to work well, though it wasnít real fast.

Just want to make sure this is legit...
DeadSalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:03 PM   #2

I rarely use the fill on the side of the camper. I also donít fill my tank much more than 1/3 or 2/3 to give me water to flush if needed while on the road. The shower miser is what Iíve used and it does fine for me.
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:40 AM   #3
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinerjoe View Post
I rarely use the fill on the side of the camper. I also donít fill my tank much more than 1/3 or 2/3 to give me water to flush if needed while on the road. The shower miser is what Iíve used and it does fine for me.
X2 I use my shower miser to fill my FW tank. If your going to completely fill the FW tank, remove the outside FW fill cap and wait for the water to back out.

Tags
show, shower, tank, water, water tank