Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2018, 11:30 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 21
First night in 2509s

Overall my initial impression is that we are really pleased with the trailer. From what I can tell in a few hours time is i love the floor plan. The Murphy bed is great and the sofa recliners are way more useful that I thought they would be.

I had to mop the floor about 3 times to get the oil off from the factory builders but we are good now.

Kids were very satisfied with the comfort of the bunks. Glad we went w the double bunks.

Plugged amazon fire into tv and Netflix works great.

We got a ďpremiumĒ Repair Care extended warranty for 7 years at $1800. Probably a waste of money and have 60 days to cancel but the slide is something that I would hate to have not covered. Still chewing on this one.

Anyways, if your on the fence for this floor plan, it seems to pack a lot of function in a small footprint. The 2 max airs are a nice touch.

Installing 2 6volts and solar charge converter today. Fun fun!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	36058761-5669-4733-B243-26F03D1BA050.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	169948   Click image for larger version

Name:	999354DA-D949-4F32-B31F-67E726D4BDB3.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	169949   Click image for larger version

Name:	836BC66F-1DF3-4D9A-82E5-CD397D4F0AC9.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	169950  
__________________

cliffslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:59 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 21
Batteries are done. Didnít get to solar controller today. You can do 4 6v if you want but would prob need to get the large white box that houses 4.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E2463693-FB93-4C56-B116-DE97B688BAE1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	169999   Click image for larger version

Name:	468EB107-9474-4137-A9C3-0AB002C069BB.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	170000   Click image for larger version

Name:	76BF6B0B-5291-442F-92BE-5A6FE47C8EFD.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	376.0 KB
ID:	170001  
__________________

cliffslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:55 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 23
Nice! I pick up my 2507S on Wednesday and it can't come quick enough! I had them install 2 6V at the dealership instead of the one 12V and I hope they did it right. Which dollar set up did you end up going with? I'll be doing that on my own after I pick it up.
__________________
2010 Ford F150 Lariat Supercrew 5.4L 4x4 Short Bed 3.55 Rear Axle
2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2507S
1986 Toyota Winnebago Minnie Winnie micro motorhome 4 cyl 22re & 19.5 ft of vintage sweetness
vizualeyesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:55 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 21
I just have a morning star ps-15 and one renogy 100w mono panel with about 20’ cable. I move it w the sun. Some day I’ll drill holes in my roof but not for a while. I’m going to mount the controller in the pass thru and will mount some type of voltmeter by the slide controls.
cliffslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:39 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 17
Sounds great! We are taking our 2509s out Mother's Day weekend for our first trip, just close by at KOA, but still looking forward to feeling it out.

Good to know about the amazon fire into tv and Netflix. Was thinking of getting some sort of fire stick or chromecast or something to play downloaded movies from Vudu?
kristie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 266
Looks really nice! Hope you have many years of memories with it! Have fun and enjoy!
Harris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:45 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 833
Cliffslocal, could you please answer a couple of questions about the camper for me? Will that rack hold 4 batteries? Three looks like no problem but I wonder about 4? I was thinking of putting 4 batteries in a box on top of the rack. Another question, how do you raise those footrests on the couch? Thanks in advance Jay
Jay2504 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:07 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 70
4 will fit down in the A frame as well with a modified battery tray on the early 2018 models and earlier. Not sure with the window front. Attached are pictures of mine.

The roof construction on these does not lend to mounting rigid panels very easily. There are only 4 supports running across the roof, one in front, one in back and 2 for the air conditioner. The rest of the roof is styrofoam with 1/8Ē luan. Hardly enough substance to mount panels on. I ended up going with flexible panels and eternabond taped them on. So far they work great and Iím getting about 12 amps out of 200 Watts, so not far off from my last camper with rigid panels. If one ever fails Iíll just tape another over the top of the bad one. Iíve driven in 45mph headwinds and the tape doesnít show any signs of lifting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	94D05C4F-B565-4209-86C8-93ABE82FB0F0.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	354.0 KB
ID:	170103   Click image for larger version

Name:	76E8AF41-AEF5-4CD0-8B09-890D3F750ED8.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	564.4 KB
ID:	170104  
Abendage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:24 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 3
I am thinking of doing the same for my batteries as Cliff. Thinking the extra space can be used to put a storage box there or something.
BoltzNBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:41 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2504 View Post
Cliffslocal, could you please answer a couple of questions about the camper for me? Will that rack hold 4 batteries? Three looks like no problem but I wonder about 4? I was thinking of putting 4 batteries in a box on top of the rack. Another question, how do you raise those footrests on the couch? Thanks in advance Jay
Yes, 4 should fit. Especially if you get the white box that abendage has. I will prob do that at some point. I can measure if someone needs the exact info. For now I am going to add a storage box of some sort. The recliners have a handle on the inside of the arm rest similar to a household one. The recliners are more comfortable than I expected.
cliffslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:47 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristie73 View Post
Sounds great! We are taking our 2509s out Mother's Day weekend for our first trip, just close by at KOA, but still looking forward to feeling it out.

Good to know about the amazon fire into tv and Netflix. Was thinking of getting some sort of fire stick or chromecast or something to play downloaded movies from Vudu?
I think you will really enjoy it. We are headed to local mountains for one night this sat then beach camping Memorial Day. Woo hoo!
cliffslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:51 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abendage View Post
The roof construction on these does not lend to mounting rigid panels very easily. There are only 4 supports running across the roof, one in front, one in back and 2 for the air conditioner. The rest of the roof is styrofoam with 1/8Ē luan. Hardly enough substance to mount panels on. I ended up going with flexible panels and eternabond taped them on. So far they work great and Iím getting about 12 amps out of 200 Watts, so not far off from my last camper with rigid panels. If one ever fails Iíll just tape another over the top of the bad one. Iíve driven in 45mph headwinds and the tape doesnít show any signs of lifting.
Good information, thank you. Do these roofs typically hold up to maintenance and support at 200lb person or is it better to do it from a ladder. Good advice absout the panel and tape. How long have you had that setup. Where did you mount your charge controller? Did you install any sort of meter?
cliffslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:21 AM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffslocal View Post
Good information, thank you. Do these roofs typically hold up to maintenance and support at 200lb person or is it better to do it from a ladder. Good advice absout the panel and tape. How long have you had that setup. Where did you mount your charge controller? Did you install any sort of meter?
No problem. Yeah, the roof can hold a person, itís strucurall sound for weight, there just isnít anything to screw into. The ladder is rated for 300lbs, so thatís what I would guess is safe to be on the roof.

Mine is an early 18, so I have the flat front and two storage compartments in the front on the door side. I mounted my controller and inverter in the furthest forward one and my meter and inverter switch next to the switch panel. Iíve only had it all together for a few months but so far so good. Iím going to add two more panels at some point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6CE54455-A06A-421C-9667-7D377ACC56D5.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	328.7 KB
ID:	170123   Click image for larger version

Name:	FE1CAFEF-B269-4B39-B0ED-FF489F2A88C6.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	367.3 KB
ID:	170124   Click image for larger version

Name:	D30BF3BA-789D-4AE9-BB00-7FAE68C0B4B4.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	170125  
Abendage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:44 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,568
4 lead acid batteries esp 6 volt are very heavy. The frame probably designed for 1. You will be seriously degrading the CCC, in fact possibly exceeding the rating for the frame.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:00 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
4 lead acid batteries esp 6 volt are very heavy. The frame probably designed for 1. You will be seriously degrading the CCC, in fact possibly exceeding the rating for the frame.
Definitely something to be mindful of, especially if using a 1/2 ton. I have a 2016 Ram 2500 so the weight is not an issue.
cliffslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:05 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 4,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffslocal View Post
Overall my initial impression is that we are really pleased with the trailer. From what I can tell in a few hours time is i love the floor plan. The Murphy bed is great and the sofa recliners are way more useful that I thought they would be.

I had to mop the floor about 3 times to get the oil off from the factory builders but we are good now.

Kids were very satisfied with the comfort of the bunks. Glad we went w the double bunks.

Plugged amazon fire into tv and Netflix works great.

We got a ďpremiumĒ Repair Care extended warranty for 7 years at $1800
. Probably a waste of money and have 60 days to cancel but the slide is something that I would hate to have not covered. Still chewing on this one.

Anyways, if your on the fence for this floor plan, it seems to pack a lot of function in a small footprint. The 2 max airs are a nice touch.

Installing 2 6volts and solar charge converter today. Fun fun!
Based on what I have been reading this winter on this forum, I'd say $1800.00 is a very good investment for and added 6 years. I would research the warranty company and see if they do in fact cover the things they should. If I was to buy new in today's environment I would go with the warranty. Because the TT manufacturer only guarantees for 1 year. They know what kind of product they are putting out.
__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
4 lead acid batteries esp 6 volt are very heavy. The frame probably designed for 1. You will be seriously degrading the CCC, in fact possibly exceeding the rating for the frame.
My stock battery tray was designed for two batteries. I cut it out and welded one in big enough and with an extra support for the 4 batteries. So I figure Iím adding an extra 120-130 lbs of batteries and people install generator racks and bike racks up there that can weigh at least that much. I tow with an F-150 and have no problem with a Curt Trutrac WDH getting the set up level. I would guess my loaded tongue weight though is close to 1,000lbs, but it tows just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	30CB5401-5989-46C3-8325-D87EF0F8A189.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	439.3 KB
ID:	170131  
Abendage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:07 AM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 21
First night in 2509s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abendage View Post
My stock battery tray was designed for two batteries. I cut it out and welded one in big enough and with an extra support for the 4 batteries. So I figure Iím adding an extra 120-130 lbs of batteries and people install generator racks and bike racks up there that can weigh at least that much. I tow with an F-150 and have no problem with a Curt Trutrac WDH getting the set up level. I would guess my loaded tongue weight though is close to 1,000lbs, but it tows just fine.


Nice setup. Your batter monitor install also looks very clean. I will copy it
I use the Equalizer 1k 10k wdh and like it. Looks similar to the Curt.
cliffslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:04 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Central MA
Posts: 19
We bought our 2509s in Sept last year and only had the opportunity to use it once. Looking forward to a whole bunch of trips in it this year. We love the murphy bed as well. Overall we are glad we picked this one. We also picked up the optional warranty. Our microwave door allows moisture in between the glass and the hot water faucet in the bathroom has a slow trickle. The shower hot water pressure is fine, so there is obviously a restriction in the flow from the shower to the sink.

One thing to note. Get underneath the camper right where the bathroom sink is. Rockwood cut a hole to gain access to most of the water/electrical connections here and they used tape to cover the hole they made. Make sure the tape is in place and there are no holes or mice will get in. Ask me how I know. Caught the little bugger before he could do any serious damage.
Den69RS96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:29 AM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 21
First night in 2509s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den69RS96 View Post
One thing to note. Get underneath the camper right where the bathroom sink is. Rockwood cut a hole to gain access to most of the water/electrical connections here and they used tape to cover the hole they made. Make sure the tape is in place and there are no holes or mice will get in. Ask me how I know. Caught the little bugger before he could do any serious damage.

Thanks. Iíll take a look tonight. I noticed a few of the screws holding the bottom cover on did not catch the cross section and are hanging low. I will need to address those too. Just want to make sure I donít screw into a water tank . Assume youíll have the microwave replaced before the warranty is up?

I learned from my last trailer that on simple things it can be better to take care of them yourself rather than the dealer.
__________________

cliffslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.


×