Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #21

has anyone replaced the 2 chairs @ the back of the 3001w with recliners, & also what do you do with the one chair that wont let your slide out come in when in travel?
nordyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #22

Cup-la answers....

About 9mpg average on this trip with the Tundra. Thought I was going to hit 10, but from Texas to Colorado is all uphill. I guess considering I came for 250 ft above sea level to over 5000, that wasn't too bad. I'm betting on the next trip, I'll hit 10 for sure. Around here, every thing is either up or down...

And the chair goes on top, upside down, on the couch. The black strap in the front middle and rear sides clip together to hold it in place. You can put both on the couch, but we usually only put one on.

JR
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #23

So how is it pulling one of these beasts with a ½ ton pickup?
justbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #24

The 3001w pulls great with a 1/2 ton pickup. We pulled ours from Ont. to BC and back. We averaged 10.5 miles per gal. Did not break any speed records in the hills on northern Ont. or in the Rockie Mountains When I got to any large hills I always followed the semis up. I could pass them but why be in a hurry.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
The 3001w pulls great with a 1/2 ton pickup. We pulled ours from Ont. to BC and back. We averaged 10.5 miles per gal. Did not break any speed records in the hills on northern Ont. or in the Rockie Mountains When I got to any large hills I always followed the semis up. I could pass them but why be in a hurry.

Man I didn't really want to hear that, the wife wants one real bad. Don't get me wrong I love the layouts of them, but dang, that seems like an awful lot of trailer behind a ½ ton truck. I'm glad it works for you though! My problem is in my head, I did the numbers crunch and things are almost about where I want them, but holy cow, I could live in these things if they had w/d hookups.

Are there any sway issues with them? I've read that unless you go to a 15k rating hitch setup with dual cams that they tend to get squirrely.
justbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #26

I pull a 3006w with a Ram 1500 (hemi), no issues. This trailer does have over 900 pounds tongue, but with the equal-I-zer (12,000) no squat and no sway. I have used this hitch on my last 2 trailers and never had sway issues. I get 9-10 mpg, labor day in the high winds ( 35mph+) I got 7.
kaferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordyke View Post
has anyone replaced the 2 chairs @ the back of the 3001w with recliners, & also what do you do with the one chair that wont let your slide out come in when in travel?
We just replaced our 2 chairs with Laz-e-Boys as the backs come off them & made it easy to get thru door
Elmer Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #28

We also replaced the rockers with the lazy boy recliners in our3001w. They block the door by about 3 or4 inches but that does not present any problems. The lazy boys are much heavier than the standard rockers and getting the one upside down on the sofa could be a problem. We simply pull it back between the counter and the other chair and it works great.
Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:53 PM   #29

Send a message via Skype™ to Eaglelover
Window Question

Hi JoeR: I just purchased a 2012 3001W October 1st and see that you have long windows in the dinning area. My windows are the same size as the sofa area windows. Where your"s a special order ? Thanks; Frank
Eaglelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #30

They are called atrium windows. And yes it was an option. We did order ours with the 15K AC, atrium window, electrics on the stabilizers and stick wood table. Dealer add-ons were slide toppers and vent covers. Yeah, I could have added the stuff later, but we were picking it up and taking it on a two week trip from the get go.

JR

2008 Toy Tundra DC 5.7L Bagged w/LTs
Hensley Arrow
2012 Windjammer 3001W, Atriumed
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #31

Send a message via Skype™ to Eaglelover
Atrium Windows

Hi JoeR: OK. I bought mine at a show in Syracuse NY. It has the standard Air but it does have the free standing dinette. I just started a thread about adding an interior electric switch for the water heater. With all the thought they gave to convenience on this unit I think they fell short on this one item. Regards; Frank
Eaglelover is offline   Reply With Quote