Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2020, 03:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
I have a 2019 2104S that has the smaller kitchenette, and I have mixed emotions about the new design. I like the counter space that is nonexistent on my model, but I'm not sure about the loss of floor area. What sold me and the DW on the 2104S was how open the interior is when that nice, deep slide is extended. We looked at some other similar sized Mini Lites but they just seemed too cramped in comparison.
The total lack of counter space was a problem since I like to cook while camping, so I fabbed up a folding shelf from a section of stair tread that pretty much fixed that problem. I will admit though, that new kitchen has serious pluses as well.
What I really DO like is those new door steps, that looks like a very slick setup. I also noticed they now have a small wardrobe built into the slide, that's also pretty handy since the Mini Lites aren't exactly known for storage space.
We really love our 2104S, I'm sure you will to. This forum is packed with countless threads on this series that cover all kinds of mods and upgrades that these little rigs are begging for, certainly worth a search.

Have fun with your new trailer!
I have a 2015 2104S and really like it except for the lack of counter space. I
would love to see how you added an extension to the counter like the new model.It looks ;ike it would really help.
hwfahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwfahs View Post
I have a 2015 2104S and really like it except for the lack of counter space. I
would love to see how you added an extension to the counter like the new model.It looks like it would really help.
Ask and ye shall receive!
It's an interesting thread, my post is the last one. I've been using the shelf for a while now and it makes all the difference in the world.
Pro Tip: If you want to try staining the wood to match the interior trim, remove a small piece from the trailer, like the panel over the water pump, and take it to the store to match it up with a display sample. I tried to match it to a picture on my phone and it came out a bit too light.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...en-187758.html
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:58 PM   #23

Well we made it home alive. Had gale force winds the entire weekend. 35 mph winds for drive home. But that’s normal for Oklahoma. We still had a great time.
Smokewagonokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:20 PM   #24

I noticed after we got to camp that my water filter cartridge was missing. It’s brand new. Shouldn’t it have come with one? Just wanted to know before I call and rip the dealer a new one.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokewagonokc View Post
I noticed after we got to camp that my water filter cartridge was missing. It’s brand new. Shouldn’t it have come with one? Just wanted to know before I call and rip the dealer a new one.
Even better idea: Cut the #@$&*! thing out, bypass it, and use an external filter. You will find that is a very popular mod 'round here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180720_192304.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	224803  
Old 03-08-2020, 08:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Well we made it home alive. Had gale force winds the entire weekend. 35 mph winds for drive home. But that’s normal for Oklahoma. We still had a great time.
35 MPH? Shoot, down here in Texas that's called Sunday afternoon picnic weather!
Old 03-09-2020, 03:40 PM   #27

First trip out, that's exciting. Hope theres many more to come!
Old 03-12-2020, 07:28 PM   #28

I agree with removing it, but if you want to use it look for the cartridge in the materials you likely received. When I bought my 2109S MiniLite I got a pleather pouch that had towel holder, TP holder, cables in case I wanted to add a second battery (I did) and the filter cartridge and wrench. The filter is a pain when it's time to winterize and dewinterize plus many posts mention it has a tendency to leak. I suspect the winterization issue is why it's not installed in the housing at the factory.

Quote:
Even better idea: Cut the #@$&*! thing out, bypass it, and use an external filter. You will find that is a very popular mod 'round here.
MarkPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:11 PM   #29

Hi All, Just another day in Paradise and just about Spring. Did you have any issues with the 2104S on your first camping trip. I have one just like it waiting for warmer weather to take it on it's first trip. I also had the dealer remove the inside filter system. Read a lot about them on this site and several folks had issues with then leaking. The blue camco filter on the hose makes it really easy. Thanks for the picks.
2020 F-150 3.5 2nd Gen
catcottf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:20 PM   #30

Hi, How did your griddle work? Did you get any grease splatter on the RV?
2020 F-150 3.5 2nd Gen
Old 03-12-2020, 09:59 PM   #31

Only problem we had was that dang inside filter was leaking. But only because it was loose. Soon as I tightened it up the leak stopped. No grease splatter in rv. It sets out far enough to prevent that.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:46 AM   #32

Hi, Just another day in Paradise. Thanks for the reply and I am glad to hear that everything worked well on your 2104S. If you ever get up this way let me know. Happy camping.
F
2020 F-150 3.5 2nd Gen
Old 03-14-2020, 07:04 AM   #33

Quote:
That's a nice setup, nothing beats a good flattop for all kinds of cooking. Mine came with something they claim is a grill, but I live in Texas where grilling is taken very seriously and that thing just didn't cut it. I have a Weber grill at home that was worth every penny so I decided to adapt a smaller one for the trailer, that would be the ever-popular Q1200.
I knew I wouldn't always have a picnic table handy so I needed to adapt a shelf. I found something online but it wasn't strong enough, so I beefed it up with a bit of folding bracketry. I also had to remove the regulator to adapt the Weber to the trailer's propane system.
I'd like your griddle, and it looks like it uses the factory bracket. Was that an option with your trailer or was it available aftermarket? All I know is that looks like the perfect way to prepare a proper breakfast!
I have the Weber Q1200 and am thinking of doing the same. What did you find online that you modified?
Jshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:25 AM   #34

Quote:

Just picked up our new 2509s and a new filter cartridge was in the black bag off goodies from forest river that also had towel bars, TP holder, drain hose adapters, etc. It wasn’t installed. Check there if you haven’t already.

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2020, 01:10 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshea View Post
I have the Weber Q1200 and am thinking of doing the same. What did you find online that you modified?
This is the shelf I found that uses the rail by the propane hose access:

https://ouioutdoors.com/product/rv-u...folding-table/
Also here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074CB3YK3...ing=UTF8&psc=1

It's not cheap but pretty nice, unfortunately it couldn't take the weight of a Q1200 in all its cast iron grate glory. Beefed the mount up using these -

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077MHSFDX...ing=UTF8&psc=1

- and a length of 1X2 board (painted black) screwed to the lower hinge bracket, that seemed to do the the trick.
It was also a little shallow, so I cut a piece of this to fit and screwed it underneath the shelf:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDPE-HD-Pol...IAAOSwhktdUXeA

Tried it a few times and it seems to work OK so far. I'm still cautious and stay clear underneath in case it pops off the rail. I also keep the lid closed as much as possible to contain any smoke and grease splatter.
Here again are pictures of the final product for what it's worth:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190826_183148.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	225215   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190826_183156.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	225216  
Old 03-25-2020, 07:05 PM   #36

We just bought a flagstaff that came with the griddle and I will say I got spatter on the side of the camper cooking hamburgers. Not sure if it will always be as messy as cooking 2 rounds of 8 burgers but that's all I've cooked so far.

I'd be willing to bet a little thinking could build a mount for a weber 1200 to use the same bracket for the griddle.

Also I was cooking on a table about 10 or so more inches out from the trailer when i was cooking the burgers
Ole_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:06 PM   #37

Hi, Just another sunny day in Paradise. I was thinking this would be an issue. I just purchased a 10' propane hose extension with quick connects on amazon prime for $16. This will allow me to move the griddle to a table a little further away from the TT. Thanks for the feed back. Did the grill work well over all. They are really selling around here at Menards and Lowes and Home Depot. Lots of accessories for them also.
Have a great day,
Fred
2020 F-150 3.5 2nd Gen
Old 03-27-2020, 12:22 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcottf View Post
Did the grill work well over all. They are really selling around here at Menards and Lowes and Home Depot. Lots of accessories for them also.
Have a great day,
Fred
If you're talking about the baby Weber, yes. That grill is infinitely better than the scrap of tin they include with most new trailers.
In all fairness I did use one that came with my first Mini-Lite. It worked more or less, keyword there is "work". There was a long hotspot down the center, and the surrounding area was not so warm. It cooked my renowned brined pork ribeye chops very unevenly, I had to constantly move them around to even the heat exposure. Way too much work for middling results and a hard to clean mess left behind.
The Weber has nice, heavy cast iron grates and did an infinitely better job. They're heavy and expensive, but worth every pound and penny. Easy to clean as well.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:43 AM   #39

The weber 1200 is a fantastic grill. I use it at home all the time for quick grilling that I dont have time to get the charcoal going. Buy a torch tip cleaning tool. The burner will get clogged with rust and the tool makes quick works of keeping the burning up to task.

Also a breeze to clean being shaped like a wide funnel and actually has a deep grease catch pan as opposed to the shallow tray that most have.
Ole_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:59 AM   #40

Hi, Just another day in Paradise. Questions for you. On the drivers side rear area there is a black area that has the water hook up and the antifreeze hook up. Also there are two cable hookups. which do you use for the standard cable hookup? Thanks
2020 F-150 3.5 2nd Gen

Tags
first trip, lite, mini lite