Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #1

For British Columbia

Which is the best insurance, BCAA or Good Sam? We want coverage for towing our TV and the trailer in case of a break down. A lot is said about Good Sam, but are there any problems getting help from them in 'out of the way' places. Good Sam is about $80.00 cheaper. We also need coverage year round on our truck.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
Boondocker

I cant answer your question but I will be watching this thread closely.

BC Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:41 AM   #3

I have the Good Sams and was not too impressed with my only service call to them. I needed my truck towed when it failed to start. I was informed of a service station that worked on diesel trucks just down the street from me however there was a Ford Dealership not a half mile further. They were pretty insistent that I have it towed to the service station and not the dealership. After a lot of conversation and insistence on my part they agreed to tow to the dealership but said they could not do this in the future. The repair was done under warranty at the dealership and I know it would not have been covered at the garage. With a platinum membership I thought I was guaranteed to be towed where I wanted my repairs done within reason. Guess not. I will be looking into another autoclub when my renewal comes due.

2011 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7L Diesel
2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlite 831 FKBSS
Fleet of Canoes and one Kayak
So Many Rivers so Little Time!
buckisland1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #4

We have bcaa plus. We have used it twice for the truck only and it was great. It was towed to the nearest dealer and we never saw a bill. Never had to use it for the trailer yet.
PaulandMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #5

Have CAA same as BCAA. When we were heading for BC last fall ran out of gas in Northern Ont. We were 20 k from Wawa. Had gas delivered with in 40 min at no charge. We have CAA plus RV. TV and TT are both covered if a tow is needed. BCAA covers the driver, so you are covered for what ever you are driving. Have had a truck towed several times no charge. Compare the coverage from both companies and see if the are the same.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote