Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2017, 02:51 PM   #1

Forest River Rockwood Service/Warranty claims

I'm interested in finding out your experiences with Forest River's after purchase service. Specifically how they have handled your warranty service claims either locally or on the road.
jgy157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #2
Site Team

I had no issues with FR warranty services.
They even found me local dealers that were willing to do the warranty work, even though I bought from a dealer 2000 miles away.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgy157 View Post
I'm interested in finding out your experiences with Forest River's after purchase service. Specifically how they have handled your warranty service claims either locally or on the road.
jgy157,
2 posts... Welcome

You'll find through searches this is a much debated topic.
Many have had very good luck and others have indicated problems.

Each case is different and I can image so are the circumstances in reporting and obtaining the said warranty work.

I have nothing but good things to say about my interactions with Forest River.

I suspect if you handle anything that might crop up with respect and professionalism, you'll likely get the same in return.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #4

I have had three interactions with them (two through the dealer) on my previous trailer and all of them were great.
First one was a damage caused by me that they covered under warranty
Second one was third party product that failed and they fixed also under warranty.
Third was a question I contacted FR directly and FR responded in 2 days.

The thing for me was the time the dealer took to address the issue for the dealer wanted the trailer in their lot in order to assess the problem and it took 4 weeks between I delivering the trailer to them and they having time to do their evaluation.
After that, 1 week was the time to receive the parts and fix it.
So FR itself was fast, but the dealer no so fast.
The dealer is a good, the reason I bought my second unit from them too, but they are not as fast as FR.

NOW that being said, FR that I'm ref. to is their Rockwood line of products.
I guess that depending on what product you buy, the warranty guys are different, I mean, Heritage Glens are not made at the same plant that Rockwoods so the people running the warranty thing are not the same and even internal process may not be the same so that, to me, is what explains the differences in customer care you find here in this forum.....

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:26 PM   #5

Additional info.

Quote:
It's a Rockwood TT we're interested in. My two concerns are how well does the factory handle warranty issues and the quality of the travel trailers. We're looking at a Signature series TT and want to make sure it will handle extended stays and possibly full time living.
jgy157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:27 PM   #6

Had to have my water heater repaired as it would not stay lit w/propane. Had no issues w/warranty work. It was fixed with out a problem
Old 11-07-2017, 10:30 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
It's a Rockwood TT we're interested in. My two concerns are how well does the factory handle warranty issues and the quality of the travel trailers. We're looking at a Signature series TT and want to make sure it will handle extended stays and possibly full time living.
Well, its the dealer that's first responsible for warranty issues, not the factory.

But Rockwood approves the work and sends the parts.

A good dealer is way more important. They should be willing to go to bat for you and do good warranty work.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:57 PM   #8

As valuable the selling dealer may be but an rv has wheels and is not always within travel distance to the dealership if something goes wrong.
This is our 2nd FR 5th wheel, for minor warranty repairs on our last trailer Dynamax put me in touch with a near by shop that took care of the issues in a very professional manner and on this trailer they authorized a mobile unit from the selling dealer to come out, very happy.
The "big thing" left to do is the exchange of the frigging on demand water heater for a hot water tank (on warranty) which they are hesitant to do in the field and they want to do this in the shop next spring. We can not travel anymore this year due to the early arrival of old man winter, -21C (-6F) for a couple of nights and -10C to -15C (5 - 10F) during the day, lots of ice and snow on the roof, slideouts and even the slideroom walls.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:13 PM   #9

I have had very good experience with Forest River handling my 3 claims over 2 year warranty period. The issues were repaired by Camping World, even though I did not purchase the unit there. CW had to wait to get authorization from Forest River, but that took only 2 days. I'm happy!
Ronjon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:20 PM   #10
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronjon50 View Post
I have had very good experience with Forest River handling my 3 claims over 2 year warranty period. The issues were repaired by Camping World, even though I did not purchase the unit there. CW had to wait to get authorization from Forest River, but that took only 2 days. I'm happy!
Not to cause a thread drift but...WOW... this ^^ post is the first I've read out of hundreds (maybe more) that puts "repair" "Camping World" and "happy" together in the same paragraph!

Good for you! Hope that continues.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:22 PM   #11

lol...5picker, I have to agree I guess I was lucky!
Ronjon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:42 PM   #12
New to FR. Old to TT

we have a 2014 rockwood signature ultra lite and have had no problems with it lots of travel love the quality only problem for me is i am 6'8 and keep hitting my head, now looking at a 5th wheel
Old 11-08-2017, 10:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Well, its the dealer that's first responsible for warranty issues, not the factory.

But Rockwood approves the work and sends the parts.

A good dealer is way more important. They should be willing to go to bat for you and do good warranty work.

I can't agree more. Our Rockwood TT has been at CW for 6 weeks now. They are finally keeping me updated the past 3-4 weeks that they are waiting on FR to approve warranty work - this after it sat for the first two weeks without a peep. I mean seriously? I had an appointment, showed them the issues, and it sat for 2-3 weeks before they even filed the paperwork with FR. If I am to believe them, FR has been sitting on the approval of the work for at least a month.
DNA Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:50 PM   #14

Our unit is a Travel Trailer,we Travel and since ALL Forest River units come with a 1 Year Warranty and 1 year Coach-Net,we call Coach-Net and they Line up the Authorized Warranty Service we need! I can NOT imagine waiting for a 6 week period of time to have a issue fixed! Youroo!!
Old 11-08-2017, 11:06 PM   #15

Never had a problem with the warranty. My problem is with the extremely poor workmanship. I'm on a first name basis with the dealership. I purchased the 2nd year warranty {don't think it is offered anymore} & last week I just picked up my TT again, now 3 years old, after another issue which FR covered at no cost to me.

Tags
forest river, rockwood, service, warranty