Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
(Kim)
 
Labzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 595
FR additional 1yr warranty.

I am picking up the trailer on Saturday.
My dealer wants $300 + HST(13%) for the FR extended warranty.

Does this seem reasonable?

I thought other threads quoted $150..?
__________________

__________________
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Rockwood 2306
Kim
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 20,296
as far as i know, in the U.S., it costs $150 for towables.
__________________

bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
ken0042's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 375
I paid $150 US with no GST on my trailer warranty when I bought it; once again on a towable.
__________________
Wolf Pup T16P owner

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
camping
 
tentcamper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 988
there should be a form in the paper work/owners manual package. our dealer took ours out and tried to sell me a very expensive extended warranty. call over to FR and get the price. we paid 150.00 for ours and did it directly with FR. after you find out lets know.
__________________

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
(Kim)
 
Labzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 595
Thanks for the replies =]

But, I just answered my question; I called Rhonda at FR from a number I found on a post here.

I can purchase it directly through FR for a cost of $150 USD.

The amount quoted by my dealer of $339, was an attempt to rip me off.

I am never surprised, but always disappointed, at the amount of greedy people in the world =<(
__________________
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Rockwood 2306
Kim
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,280
These dealers should be reported to Forest River. I bet Forest River has no idea that the dealers are making money on the factory warranty.
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
miatared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 705
I think your dealer is trying to pull a fast one...

Dealers are not involved in that 2nd year FR warranty.

Our dealer in Orono, Ontario, had a form in our info pack - you simply need to fill it out, fax it direct to Forest River, indicate you wish to pay by credit card, a nice lady will call you to get your info. $150USD no tax, for a Shamrock 19 - it may be a different for your model.

You will receive by mail a confirmation.

Has to happen within 10 days of taking delivery.

Good luck
__________________
Denis & Diane
* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
camping
 
tentcamper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 988
its amazing how they will try to nickle and dime us not realizing it will cost them a future sale. for 189.00 the just lost a lot of credibility.
I agree with mtnguy- let FR know after you take delivery.
__________________

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
miatared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 705
You should share the name of that shady dealer.... once you have confirmed he was indeed selling your the $150USD FR 2nd year warranty. He may have been trying to sell you some other warranty
__________________
Denis & Diane
* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #10
(Kim)
 
Labzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatared View Post
You should share the name of that shady dealer.... once you have confirmed he was indeed selling your the $150USD FR 2nd year warranty. He may have been trying to sell you some other warranty
No, he already tried to sell us the 'other extended warranties', totalling over $2000.oo.
This e-mail from him was in reply to mine, saying I was going to opt for the FR 1yr extended warranty, instead. (that was not offered btw.)

This was him asking if we wanted to add the $300.oo +HST ($39.oo) for the additional one year warranty, to our financing.

Don't worry, when I talk to FR next week to register for this, I will tell them, and possibly forward the e-mail also. If they piss me off any more, I definitely will.

It is from Mckenzie Trailers in Gormley Ont.
__________________
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Rockwood 2306
Kim
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #11
(Kim)
 
Labzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatared View Post
I think your dealer is trying to pull a fast one...

Dealers are not involved in that 2nd year FR warranty.

Our dealer in Orono, Ontario, had a form in our info pack - you simply need to fill it out, fax it direct to Forest River, indicate you wish to pay by credit card, a nice lady will call you to get your info. $150USD no tax, for a Shamrock 19 - it may be a different for your model.

You will receive by mail a confirmation.

Has to happen within 10 days of taking delivery.

Good luck
Orono?

Did you buy from Holiday World?
__________________
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Rockwood 2306
Kim
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 930
maybe an issue ..

I purchased the extended warrenty for my A122 ...
sent in a certified cheque for 100 bucks ... and all I got back was a photo-copy of the origional application i sent .. with a highlighter mark on it ... surely i get more than this ...

thoughts?

d-mo
D-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
miatared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
Orono?

Did you buy from Holiday World?
Yes.
__________________
Denis & Diane
* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
camper_Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Camping some place I hope
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
I am picking up the trailer on Saturday.
My dealer wants $300 + HST(13%) for the FR extended warranty.

Does this seem reasonable?

I thought other threads quoted $150..?

The price actually varies by unit, contact FR and they will provide you the price. Mine was $ 250.00 but that was for the Sierra 5th wheel.

Enjoy the new camper.
__________________
2011 GMC 3500HD 4x4 Crew DRW Duramax
Pullrite 20.5K
2012 Sierra 365SAQ
2006 Police Roadking FLHPi
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
I purchased the extended warrenty for my A122 ...
sent in a certified cheque for 100 bucks ... and all I got back was a photo-copy of the origional application i sent .. with a highlighter mark on it ... surely i get more than this ...

thoughts?

d-mo
nope... thats what u get - don't throw it away

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
sherdep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saint Cloud FL
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
I purchased the extended warrenty for my A122 ...
sent in a certified cheque for 100 bucks ... and all I got back was a photo-copy of the origional application i sent .. with a highlighter mark on it ... surely i get more than this ...

thoughts?

d-mo
it will be the same paper you sent and will have a Forest River representives signature on it as well which then makes it valid.
Maybe you didnt send enough money if it was only a $100
__________________
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
sherdep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saint Cloud FL
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
No, he already tried to sell us the 'other extended warranties', totalling over $2000.oo.
This e-mail from him was in reply to mine, saying I was going to opt for the FR 1yr extended warranty, instead. (that was not offered btw.)

This was him asking if we wanted to add the $300.oo +HST ($39.oo) for the additional one year warranty, to our financing.

Don't worry, when I talk to FR next week to register for this, I will tell them, and possibly forward the e-mail also. If they piss me off any more, I definitely will.

It is from Mckenzie Trailers in Gormley Ont.
I bet they are adding intrest to your payment since they are wanting to put into your financing - I wouldnt even buy the electric jack from them now and buy it somewhere else since it seems that they are trying to jack you for a few hundred bucks.
I would ask them for the Forest River paper work for the 2nd year warranty when you get your paperwork package or have a copy of the paper work with the amount and put them on the spot and ask why they are charging the extra amount for a warranty you can buy direct at this price.
__________________
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #18
(Kim)
 
Labzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatared View Post
Yes.
Was Steve your salesguy.........?
__________________
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Rockwood 2306
Kim
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #19
(Kim)
 
Labzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by camper_Lucy View Post
The price actually varies by unit, contact FR and they will provide you the price. Mine was $ 250.00 but that was for the Sierra 5th wheel.

Enjoy the new camper.
I did call FR, and it is $150.oo for my little unit
__________________
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Rockwood 2306
Kim
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:39 PM   #20
Member
 
Stargazerandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 68
Can someone please give me the direct # to FR? For some reason, I cannot get it off the website. Thank you in advance!!
__________________

Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.


×