Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2015, 06:04 PM   #21
Site Team

Cover dog. We made Hershey a few years ago. Nice country.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:47 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
We are heading to Hershey on Tuesday for 3 days of camping, and plan to be at the park on Wednesday to look at fifth wheels and motor homes. Not going to take our title with us, but if something happens I can always mail it to the dealer.
Are you staying at the Hershey Campground? I am staying a little bit farther away at a Outdoor World park but would be great to meet up with another forum member. Have a safe trip and if you see a Cedar Creek pulled by a Kenworth on the highway on your way there beep your horn & wave
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:50 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, $10k of damage...I hope you took the idiots golf cart...she's obviously too dumb to own it.
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:15 PM   #24
Site Team

It is called a Parcar. Look it up. All steel. Heavy. She parked it on a hill to charge. Rolled @ 150' backwards. They were in a newer Berkshire and "stated" they would pay damages, but we'll see. Insurance says they'll collect it from them. 😕
Warped the slide out rails, ears messed up, landing gear bent, hole in the slide wall. Etc.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:17 PM   #25

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Are you staying at the Hershey Campground? I am staying a little bit farther away at a Outdoor World park but would be great to meet up with another forum member. Have a safe trip and if you see a Cedar Creek pulled by a Kenworth on the highway on your way there beep your horn & wave
We are staying in Carlisle, have friends in that area that we will be visiting on Thursday. I will be wearing my line green frog hat while I'm at Hershey. I used to drive a T 600 Kenworth when I was delivering gasoline and jet fuel.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #26
Site Team

Called dealer Tuesday. Still waiting on all parts. No work started yet. This makes 3 trips we've missed so far.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:44 AM   #27
2014 XLR 27HFS

Sue for pain and suffering. :-)
Old 10-09-2015, 08:17 PM   #28
Site Team

Insurance called and said they were attempting to collect from other party. If unsuccessful, that'll be my last resort. Sure hope they are standup people.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:34 PM   #29
Plain Old Member

Man David, didn't know you were camping in our neck of the woods. You must have been at one of the lakeside sites at the bottom of the hill. Hate all that happened for sure. Definitely not the place to have brake failures. And the cart missed all of those trees too, like it was on a mission. Hope they get you fixed up. Guessing you've got it up in Shreveport at Bayou?
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:50 PM   #30
Site Team

Yes . bayou outdoors has it. Guess you saw the pics. It rolled over the spot I was standing 5 minutes earlier taking pictures of our camper with lake in background. We were in #8 or 9.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:33 PM   #31
Plain Old Member

We were just debating going and "half timing" there for a couple of months on one of the lake side sites. Guess I know now if we do go, to look up the hill and make sure there aren't any rolling bombs waiting to come rolling down. Hope Bayou gets you fixed up sooner than later.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:09 PM   #32
Site Team

Called bayou outdoors last week and again yesterday. Same ol story. We have some of the parts but not all. Should be able to get started soon. Been without since august now. Missed 4 trips. This is getting old.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:31 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Hopefully it's fixed in time for the may rally.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 02:20 AM   #34
Plain Old Member

One of the biggest reason I swapped brands. Dealer. Found one that doesn't care where it was bought, what brand etc. They're like a pit crew, and do great work. Fortunately I haven't needed them but once. Second option is an independent shop I dealt with in the past that is second to none. I love a good independent service, since they make their living "fixing" instead of selling.

Hope they pick up the pace. Pretty crappy considering some dealers get stuff overnighted, or at least within a few days.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:16 PM   #35
Site Team

Last week we get a call from Bayou Outdoors that the wall (replacing outer wall of large slideout) arrive but was 2" too short. Offered to patch it up for use until correct wall came in (3-4 weeks) but would not assure me that we'd get instant access to repair shop when wall came in. I told them to just keep it and call us when ready to inspect.
We have now missed 4 planned trips, my hunting/camping trip, and the cheapest gas prices in years. Looks like Thanksgiving trip is off too. Man we miss the rockwood.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #36
Site Team

Man that really stinks!! Hope ya get her fixed up soon!

2" seems like quite a lot have to wonder just what kind of tolerances they have when the fab the wall. Oh wait , this is the RV industry.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 04:38 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Man that really stinks!! Hope ya get her fixed up soon!

2" seems like quite a lot have to wonder just what kind of tolerances they have when the fab the wall. Oh wait , this is the RV industry.
Ha. I can't imagine how you ship the wrong wall when you order the Large Slide Wall for a 2013 Rockwood 8282WS. Seems simple but I don't know how they log inventory at the rockwood factory.
I once ordered a ladder for it. Gave written, detailed description including model number off the bottom rung, and number of rungs (6). They sent the 5 rung ladder. I called and they said "oops, just keep it and we'll rush the correct one to you."
I still have the brand new ladder in bubble wrap, in the way, in my shop. Hoping for a December trip now. Thanksgiving seems to be out of the question. Thanks for well wishes.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:54 PM   #38
Plain Old Member

That part about not having instant access to the shop when wall came in, would probably be my last deal with them. That's just me though. I gave them one shot a year ago, and left with some pretty heated talk, and went elsewhere and paid cash for our SOB rig. Never again with them. I have no mercy on a dealer. I take care of you at purchase, you had better take care of me later. Probably why there's only 1 or 2 I'll even speak with in the whole state.

Hope for your sake they can gain some common sense between dealer and factory and get some progress going. You're a better man than me David. But, they do have you rig right now. Kind of in a rock and a hard spot.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:42 AM   #39
Site Team

John, I didn't buy it there. They've done some other service and addons for me and no complaints. The offer was to put the damaged wall back on and seal the hole from water so we could use it til new wall came in. But.... We'd have to make another appmt to bring it back for repair completion. I can't expect them to hold a service bay open for me and this is a pretty serious repair. So i chose to leave it with them to hold my spot. The delay is with fr. Hopefully will get it soon.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #40
Site Team

According to laura in the service office, all parts are in and waiting for a bay to open up. May have s camper for Christmas. Praise the Lord!

Tags
accident