Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2022, 10:10 AM   #1

Furnace Duct work not giving much air out ..

Hi I have a 2017 8310 ss Rockwood. I love it, but have been truing to figure out why I am not getting much air the the floor registers. I took the cover off back of the furnace and the air force is great, but not through the floor vents. I have tried force air through the duct works with my wet dry vac but to no avail. I cant tell how to find out if there is something blocking or clogging the air vents. Can anyone help?
Regards
RobJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 10:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJohnston View Post
Hi I have a 2017 8310 ss Rockwood. I love it, but have been truing to figure out why I am not getting much air the the floor registers. I took the cover off back of the furnace and the air force is great, but not through the floor vents. I have tried force air through the duct works with my wet dry vac but to no avail. I cant tell how to find out if there is something blocking or clogging the air vents. Can anyone help?
Regards
Can't tell you what's wrong with your ducts but I had a very similar problem with my TT's furnace ducts. Little or no air from one duct farthest from the furnace.

Only way to solve it was to first do a complete physical inspection of the ducts themselves. In my case it was how the factory had routed the duct that was restricted. The installer ran the duct from the furnace through several more 90 degree bends than actually necessary. This caused excessive restriction in the duct and when I re-routed it airflow increased greatly.

I would try to inspect the ductwork itself and look for obstructions, restrictions or even trash inside. If your ductwork goes beneath the floor it may be necessary to drop any covering on the bottom of the trailer to see if it's disconnected or pinched off.

If the furnace is working and blowing strong at the beginning of the duct system then only two real issues. Obstruction/restriction or something disconnected.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:09 AM   #3

We bought one of those cheap inspection camera things. The cords are long and they were cheap. You should be able to see a lot.

I bought mine to look inside a guitar.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote