Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2020, 10:04 PM   #1

Geo Pro 15tb, tongue jack issue, help

I have only had my Geo Pro for a few months, and this was only my 3rd trip in it. As I was getting ready to hitch up, i needed to raise the tongue to get the hitch under. I pressed the ext button, and nothing...dead. No light etc. (it is a power one of course), battery was at 100%, i plugged the power to the trailer back in, and it worked, it worked later while connected to the car.
Once i got home and was disconnected, i tried to adjust - bring it back down a bit, and nothing, no click, dead as a door nail. I hooked the pin back into the car and worked just fine.
Since i have had it, this is the first time this has been a problem, but as of right now, it will not work if not plugged into power or into my car.
Any ideas?
Any help is appreciated, i have a couple of completely off grid trips coming up, and obviously if it will work if i am plugged into my car, that's cool, but there is definitely another problem here, i'm just not sure what it could be. I did a visual, and it looks like everything is plugged where it should it be.
Your time and consideration of my question is greatly appreciated.
aisdboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:19 PM   #2

Is your battery disconnect switch off? My geopro 19fbs has it under the tongue.
If I’m not mistaken when I have my switch off, I must plug in to tow vehicle to power up the jack.
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:35 PM   #3

Possibly the battery disconnect. It is also possible that the circuit breaker tripped. Look for a small button on the side of one of these somewhere under the A-frame. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200513-233435_Chrome.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	229014
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
Possibly the battery disconnect. It is also possible that the circuit breaker tripped. Look for a small button on the side of one of these somewhere under the A-frame. Attachment 229014
Shouldn’t be the circuit breaker or it wouldn’t power at all
You can follow the red wire from the jack and see where it leads you
Old 05-14-2020, 12:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
Shouldn’t be the circuit breaker or it wouldn’t power at all
You can follow the red wire from the jack and see where it leads you
That kind of depends on how they wired the trailer jack and accessory charge wire. If they are both on the same side of the breaker the jack would work while connected to the vehicle. They are not all wired the same way.

If the inline fuse were blown or the ground was bad nothing would work at all.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
That kind of depends on how they wired the trailer jack and accessory charge wire. If they are both on the same side of the breaker the jack would work while connected to the vehicle. They are not all wired the same way.

If the inline fuse were blown or the ground was bad nothing would work at all.
If you have bad ground, the jack is grounded via the chassis. On my PDI I noticed jack power issues, looked closer and the bolts mounting the jack to frame were loose. Tightened them up and all was good.
Check all that dbldan and I have suggested and I’m sure you’ll find the problem.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:20 PM   #7

Tongue jack

Bad ground is all it is make sure it has good contact with trailer frame were the bolts go thru frame make sure it is clean under star washer and it should be wired direct to the battery.
johnlochbuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:19 AM   #8

Truth. When I loosened my jack to A-frame bolts starting the Jack-E-Up install, the jack wouldn't work unless I pulled it hard to the side for grounding. Now I have to run a separate ground wire.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:33 AM   #9

If it was a bad ground, the problem would be the same if it was plugged into shore power, the tow vehicle, or on battery only. It isn't the grounding between the jack and the frame. The problem is in the positive power path.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:57 AM   #10

We are all interested aisdboss

Did you find the solution?
Old 05-21-2020, 04:26 PM   #11

thank you

Thank you everyone!
I have not had a chance to investigate further, but it is on the To Do list tonight! I will report back what I find, and or come back with more questions, which seems to be the way of it lately.
again, thank you!
Old 05-25-2020, 09:44 PM   #12

I want to thank everyone for your assistance. Even after reading every manual that came with my RV, i never would have figured this out.
There is a battery cut off switch, underneath the battery. Flipped it off, and boom worked.

It took me a minute to find it, had to get under the tongue. But again, never would have found it or known what it did without your input.
THANK YOU!
Old 05-26-2020, 12:59 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisdboss View Post
I want to thank everyone for your assistance. Even after reading every manual that came with my RV, i never would have figured this out.
There is a battery cut off switch, underneath the battery. Flipped it off, and boom worked.

It took me a minute to find it, had to get under the tongue. But again, never would have found it or known what it did without your input.
THANK YOU!
Didn't the dealer show this to you, when you had your PDI/walkthrough? If not, shame on them because that's one of the important basic things for them to go over.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisdboss View Post

THANK YOU!
Glad to figured out as I got fooled by the switch first time this season as I only had trailer out twice last year. Some things from old trailer carry over to new trailer and get you
I only have one key, is that normal?
Charby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:25 PM   #15

No unfortunately they did not. They knew that this was my first RV, but it was 2 days before Christmas, and I think they just wanted to get me on the road and out of their hair. I have had to feel my way through a number of things, but thanks to people willing to share their knowledge, a lot of google time, and forums like this, all in all I am loving my new trailer, and using it as much as possible.

Tags
geo pro