Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2019, 04:09 PM   #21

My E pro came with full propane tanks and only 1 battery. Which is okay with me as I always have electric where I camp in state parks. But the battery does not come from the factory it is supplied by the dealer. Extra cost if I wanted 2.
TC
Old 09-29-2019, 04:10 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprovy View Post
RVW delivery experience? I'm two weeks away from Picking up our camper, and figured I'd ask here before bugging my salesman. The Geo Pro is touted as being a great boondocking trailer, with solar, two batteries and two propane tanks.
My questions are, are the propane tanks usually delivered full (like the gas tank in a new vehicle purchase)? And, being designed for two batteries, should I expect RVW to deliver it with two batteries installed?

I'm both anxious and excited, as I've learned so much here between the time I committed to the purchase a month ago and now.
Unless you negotiate for something different, you'll probably get cheap 12v dual purpose marine batteries.
If I were buying a RV for what you want it for, I would've made a pair of 6v golf cart batteries part of the deal.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:21 PM   #23

I just looked at my receipt. RVW charges $32.50 per tank to fill it for you. As for the batteries, I had negotiated a second battery into my deal. I asked about upgrading to 2 6V batteries, but RVW will only supply deep-cycle flooded.

Most importantly, we're really happy with our rig, which is a Geo Pro 19QB. Very few problems so far. Boondocked our first 2 nights on the road. It was sunny weather for the most part, and our 100 watt solar panel and 2 batteries provided us with enough power to meet our needs.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:46 PM   #24
Rookie

Thanks fudbuster, the exact info I was looking for. Propane is way too much at that price, so if they don't do anything for me, I'll get them filled when I get home. I'm also strongly considering Battle Born batteries by the time we're boondocking, so paying for a second battery now from the dealer isn't really worth it.

I'll talk to my salesman and see what he had to say/offer, and go from there. It's been a long agonizing month waiting to pick ours up!
Old 09-29-2019, 08:20 PM   #25

Enjoy your trip to Lakeview. You're gonna love your new Geo Pro! We're still on Cloud 9. Can't wait for our camping trip this coming weekend, which will likely be the final one before buttoning her up for the long winter.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:27 PM   #26
Rookie

Thanks. Did you get yours with the tank heaters? I'm thinking about calling first river to see if they sell the entire set that's optionally pre-installed.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:07 PM   #27

Yes, I opted for the tank heaters. I'm not sure it's the best implementation of tank heaters out there, and I haven't encountered an opportunity to use them yet. Perhaps this weekend, as the forecast calls for some unseasonably chilly weather in the Northeast.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:23 AM   #28
Rookie

I contacted the dealer about tank heaters and they are getting me the parts (3 haters, 3 elbows & switch) for $250; wanted $900 installed, but if rather do it myself (ocd and want to learn the unit). They're gonna habe the parts ready for me when I pick it up Saturday.

I kind of want to add them in case we decide to head south for a week during winter months; I think they will help give a little time when returning so I can get it re-winterized. Better to have and not need...
Old 10-10-2019, 04:33 PM   #29

RVW PDI

Mrprovy,

The PDI at RVW was somewhat of a mixed bag. Ours was rushed, and was conducted by someone who was clearly just "newly familiar" with the Geo Pros. To their credit, it's something of a team effort, and many different service techs were available to lend a hand. We appreciated that we were able to stick around as long as we wanted after the "official" PDI to get familiar with the rig, ask additional questions, and/or point out anything that might have needed adjustment/repair. Luckily there was very little of that. And I must say, that overall I am very happy our G19QB. All systems have been working perfectly, with the exception of the expected self-destruction of the drawers that I had read about (here) and anticipated.

We feel it was well worth the trip to Ohio for the savings on the acquisition costs, and the fact that we got to camp for 3 night on the way home allowed us plenty of time to "bond" with the rig. I also called them the very next day with a question about my WDH and the service tech very politely and impatiently talked me through it.

RVW is an interesting place. Have you noticed the quote from Billy Graham that they display at the bottom of the homepage of their website? Well, don't be surprised when you see the religious expressions plastered all over the waiting room. Or the "Prayer of Salvation" (in Jesus' name) found on the backs of some of their business cards. Or the proselytizing Patriarch of the Durnell family, who likes to meet all of the customers, and upon meeting you will probably ask (during a lull in the conversation) whether or not you "have any spiritual beliefs."

That last one was a little bit over the top for my liking, and of course, the correct answer in this setting would have been "none of your business." But I let it slide, and we went home happy. At this point, I would have to say that I would purchase from RVW again.

We are definitely in love with our Geo Pro, and I'm sure you will be, too! Our only regret is that we will have to put it away soon for the very long winter.

Enjoy the ride home and take it slow. Please let us know how it goes!
Old 10-13-2019, 06:15 PM   #30
Rookie

While, we finally picked it up and LOVE it!

Our experience there was almost identical to fudbusters...some hiccups, but we wound up there all day making sure we were ready for our trip home.

Shortly after we left and I started getting a feel for the ride, I stopped to check the WDH and noticed the breakaway box got damaged by the hitch when it shifted. This was shortly after the store closed, but I was able to get the owner on his cell phone; he told me it'll be ok to drive and to call him Monday so he can send me a new one.

Unfortunately, pulling out of or first (of many) gas stations, the breakout box failed and the brakes locked up. After hour service sucks, shy of having them tow the rig; being unfamiliar with trailers, I just wanted someone to explain how to bypass it so I can get it home. Found my answer on a forum and clipped the wires, but that wasn't the end of first trip issues.

Stopped around 10:30pm to sleep; fired up the furnace, and passed out nice and warm only to wake up two hours later freezing. Figured a furnace issue so I closed the propane tanks & continued the drive. Next gas station, I heard the CO alarm beeping, so went in to check it out. Lights wouldn't turn on, the refridge buttons were all blinking, and battery meter was dead. I'm guessing the converter is not working/charging the battery, as it was plugged in all day at the dealer.

At home, the solar was charging the batteries and I was able to turn the lights on again. But, can't find any info on the location or operation of the converter (no book in our packet either). When I call for a new breakout, I'll see if a tech can guide me through some troubleshooting (locating and possible resetting). Just like others have done in the past, I'd rather fix as much as possible as time goes on as I can (it doesn't help that I'm very OCD with my stuff).

I Also bought the tank heater set (pads, elbows & switch), but don't know when I'll get around to installing it. The unit was already winterized, so we decided to leave the water systems alone until the spring; hopefully no surprises!

We can't wait to get out camping with it, and our two kids are really excited as well.

Thanks for all of the previous feedback and information, I'll pay updates as we go.Click image for larger version

Name:	1012191630.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	217225Click image for larger version

Name:	1013190742e_HDR.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	217226
Old 10-14-2019, 01:32 PM   #31

Nice pics. It is a shame you had problems though. Our last camping trip is this week for 2 nights here in PA. Then time to winterize.
TC
Old 10-14-2019, 02:19 PM   #32
Trailer Park Supervisor

Wow fudbster, can't believe they didn't fill your propane tanks. Camping World filled both of mine included in price. I spent 4 hours doing the PDI, guy was getting antsy, lol. Oh well, it's my money.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:14 PM   #33
Rookie

Mine came empty too, but for $180, we swapped the 20lb ranks out for 2 FULL 30lb tanks and the 30lb tank cover.

I also have a cheap marine battery in mine; didn't go for a second because I'm panning on buying a pair of Battle Born's in the spring. I spoke with someone at Battle Born and help said they will be releasing a new version of their 100ah batteries this winter spring; the new ones will have built in Bluetooth monitoring and automatic heating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Wow fudbster, can't believe they didn't fill your propane tanks. Camping World filled both of mine included in price. I spent 4 hours doing the PDI, guy was getting antsy, lol. Oh well, it's my money.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:12 PM   #34
Rookie

Weights without water:

My Trailblazer weighted in at about 5300lbs.

The below weights are combined, trailer, and tongue. The tongue is significantly heavier than I expected, weighed at the jack resting on the scale with the tires behind the scale.

Andersen WDH, 2 full 30lb propane tanks and 2 24DC batteries on the tongue; sewer, water, tools, and stackers in the front pass thru.Click image for larger version

Name:	1025192038.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	218068Click image for larger version

Name:	1025192050.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	218069Click image for larger version

Name:	1025192046.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	218070Click image for larger version

Name:	1025191034_HDR.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	218071
Old 11-03-2019, 12:19 PM   #35
Rookie

Generator fit perfectly in the rear storage area, and I can fit 2 extra 20lb propane tanks back there to power it. The Generator is 100lbs, so the extra 140lbs should counter balance the tongue weight (until I fill the fresh water tank, which is forward of the axle).

Question: if the trailers GVWR is only 3920, what is usually the biggish limiting factor? Tires?
I ask bc I think I will probably wind up over that after filling the fresh water tank. However, other Geo Pro models appear to have a higher GVWR than the 16BH.Click image for larger version

Name:	1103191118_HDR.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	218584
Old 11-04-2019, 12:42 PM   #36

Probably have a 3500 pound Axle (GAWR) and the overage on the GTWR is expected to be tongue weight on the tow vehicle. Tractor Supply usually has decent propane pricing for refilling.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
geo pro