Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2021, 06:54 PM   #1

Cool GEO Pro 19FBS Pleated Front Window Shade - Blackout?

Our 2020 GEO Pro 19FBS has a front window, and after spending just one night in it the white pleated shade on the inside became an issue. My wife and I are both light sleepers and we're woken at sunrise because the shade is too thin (and white!). I'm considering spray-painting the inside surface black but not sure if this will ruin it. Has anyone ever tried this? Or does anyone know where I can get a replacement blackout shade?
Rickgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:19 PM   #2

I have that style of shade on the front of my 2205S. Most of the rest have roll up shades. I don’t think I would paint it. A dye may work better as the paint may flake off over time. A simpler fix may be a black fabric that’s temporarily put up with Velcro each night that it’s needed.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:47 PM   #3

I cut a large piece of cardboard and fit into the window area then pull the shade back down. You cannot see the cardboard from the outside due to the dark glass. You cannot see it from the inside due to the shade.

Tags
19fbs, black, geo pro, window