Old 05-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #1

Geo Pro G17RK owners

I'm trying to find out about the quality (the good and the bad) about this relatively new Rockwood G17RK trailer from actual owners.

JIMHOL58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 02:40 PM   #2

I just recently bought the G17RK from our local dealer and it is the first RV we have purchased, ever, that didn't have a single issue during it's first outing. Not one item failed to work, not one, every light fixture, appliance, water heater, furnace, charging system, bath, stove top. We have owned a number of RV's over the years and not one has failed to have at least one issue during the first outings. But although we haven't had it long, I am impressed by it's fit and finish for what I consider an entry level unit.

wlock162951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:02 PM   #3

Ditto above...

New 19FBS here, aside from a couple screws & an outlet cover plate coming dislodged on the first few bounces our unit has been flawless. Previously owned a Rockwood popup & glad we went GeoPro over other teardrop options that we were looking at. Fit & finish is miles above the Rpods.

Only issue is the included Lippert Jack It 2 bike rack that is completely useless on this RV due to install location. Not sure what they were thinking.
stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:53 PM   #4

Bike Rack on Geo Pro

I am getting E Pro 19FD, am I going to have the same problem you are experiencing. I think they both have the same front?
joindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joindy View Post
I am getting E Pro 19FD, am I going to have the same problem you are experiencing. I think they both have the same front?

Yes I'm sure, as both units appear to have the same physical dimensions. I've shared info & pics with our dealer who tells me they've forwarded to the Rockwood factory rep. Shame on me for not addressing before I took delivery but it is apparently quite the oversight for what seems like an issue that will affect all owners.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #6
Site Team

Just to clarify, the Rockwood Geo-Pro and Flagstaff E-Pro are twin brands and made in the same factory and on the same assembly line.
The same goes for ALL Rockwood/Flagstaff products.
Only difference is the outside graphics and interior decor.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:05 AM   #7

I have the Geo Pro 14fk and agree that the front mount bike rack lippert system is not the best idea when traveling down the road. I use it for storage for a small ultra lightweight ladder and my trek. When the trailer is idle. I put it inside when moving. The rack itself does break down quickly for storage when moving down the road. It makes sense to keep the trailer aerodynamics useful.
guardingliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #8

Just an update...

Our dealer contacted FR about the bike rack issue & just yesterday we received a conversion part that deletes the front/rear offset as pictured below. Much better, although I do have concerns that when hooked up to the tow vehicle the bikes will limit turning radius due to vehicle/bike contact.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7125.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	391.5 KB
ID:	153548
Old 10-06-2017, 04:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc View Post
Just an update...

Our dealer contacted FR about the bike rack issue & just yesterday we received a conversion part that deletes the front/rear offset as pictured below. Much better, although I do have concerns that when hooked up to the tow vehicle the bikes will limit turning radius due to vehicle/bike contact.

Attachment 153548

Nice! When it was offset, I couldnít get the plastic propane cover off if I wanted to change out a tank. I had to take the offset a part to do this.

In my opinion, just use the rack for storage when the vehicle is not moving. I feel the rack should be at the back of the trailer anyway. Then you can wrap your bike with plastic to protect it.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardingliberty View Post
Nice! When it was offset, I couldnít get the plastic propane cover off if I wanted to change out a tank. I had to take the offset a part to do this.

In my opinion, just use the rack for storage when the vehicle is not moving. I feel the rack should be at the back of the trailer anyway. Then you can wrap your bike with plastic to protect it.

Did they charge you for that conversion?
Old 10-06-2017, 04:35 PM   #11
Site Team

I would never put my bikes on the back of the trailer, where I can't see them until I see them bouncing down the road in my rear view mirror, when the rack or mount fails
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I would never put my bikes on the back of the trailer, where I can't see them until I see them bouncing down the road in my rear view mirror, when the rack or mount fails

I would feel confident about it. Whatever works for you.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #13

Quote:
I would feel confident about it. Whatever works for you.

I carry the bikes inside anyway.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Did they charge you for that conversion?
No. Our dealer orchestrated FR shipping the part direct to me.

Initially I did not intend to use the rack as I did not want the added 100lbs of tongue weight on our Tacoma (dreadful towing experience.) After trading up to an F150 it is a non issue & I have no problems with using it so long as it does not prohibit turning radius as I mentioned previously.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #15

FYI

Re: Lippert bike rack update...

Quote:
Actually had an opportunity to plug everything together for a trial last weekend & I was hoping for better results. Really like the concept, but it just isn't working for our trailer/vehicle combo.

I'm sure we could get some custom mod done, however it's not something I'm willing to throw more $ at given a full truck bed of space available.

Attachment 155116
Attachment 155117
Attachment 155118
Old 10-28-2017, 11:37 AM   #16

Quote:
FYI

Re: Lippert bike rack update...

Yes, thatís not good at all!
Old 06-07-2018, 11:28 AM   #17
RVWholesalers Representative

I am curious if everyone is having this issue with their bikes? Is there anyone out their that your bikes are not hitting your tow vehicle? Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Old 06-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #18

Solar panels

We bought the geopro 19FD with the solar panels built in from the factory my question is before me trying it can I fun my fridge odd the solar panels?
ddtstartrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:28 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtstartrex View Post
We bought the geopro 19FD with the solar panels built in from the factory my question is before me trying it can I fun my fridge odd the solar panels?
I have the 19fbs and no, it is not a 3 way fridge. Just propane and 110v.. I'm looking into an inverter setup myself...
MichaelE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:14 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelE View Post
I have the 19fbs and no, it is not a 3 way fridge. Just propane and 110v.. I'm looking into an inverter setup myself...
Thanks let me know how it goes?

ddtstartrex is offline   Reply With Quote