Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2022, 09:27 PM   #1
Open Space Wanted

GeoPro G16BH Roof Leaking Where? Plus Window Seal Damage

Came back from a very rainy trip last week and felt moisture down the middle of the ceiling and around the ceiling edges. Didn't see any drips, just felt damp. I looked on the roof after returning but didn't see any penetrations. Had a few days of rain with one 22 hour continuous session. Any ideas as to where water could be coming in from the rubber roof? Anyone have similar issues?

The second closeup picture was from August when I noticed some pealing when I was doing some prep work before a prior trip but wasn't during rain and everything was already dry.

The second thing I noticed was leaking from the front window. It was slowly dripping from the top and noticed the plastic around the top had separated enough where I could put a couple fingers up there and felt somewhat wet in there. Not sure how long it's been like that since I usually don't pull the shade up that far and never saw any water leaking before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	281781   Click image for larger version

Name:	B.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	281782   Click image for larger version

Name:	C.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	281783   Click image for larger version

Name:	D.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	281784  
RedRoverComeOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 07:00 PM   #2
Open Space Wanted

No one else experience this before?
Old 01-16-2023, 10:14 PM   #3
Scoundrel

Well, as you probably already know water can travel a long way from its intrusion location to where it becomes visible inside the TT. I would get up on the roof and closely examine and maybe cover every seam with Eternabond tape, which is what I did as preventative maintenance on my MicroLite.

There are various videos on youtube re: leak detection that might give you some ideas. The only other thing I'll mention.... if you're not doing it already, when not in use park your TT nose up or nose down so precipitation runs off quickly without puddling on top.

Hope you get it figured out.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 07:52 PM   #4
Open Space Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangDiver View Post
Well, as you probably already know water can travel a long way from its intrusion location to where it becomes visible inside the TT. I would get up on the roof and closely examine and maybe cover every seam with Eternabond tape, which is what I did as preventative maintenance on my MicroLite.

There are various videos on youtube re: leak detection that might give you some ideas. The only other thing I'll mention.... if you're not doing it already, when not in use park your TT nose up or nose down so precipitation runs off quickly without puddling on top.

Hope you get it figured out.
Appreciate the feedback.

My roof is rounded and never had an issue with standing water. Been on the roof during rain and does a good job on level ground.

I did go through the seams but didn't see any tears or punctures. I'll probably seal in the spring after some cleanup. I'm thinking it was saturated from continuous heavy rain on the last trip.
Old 04-02-2023, 07:41 PM   #5
Open Space Wanted

Was raining pretty good yesterday and past few days. Had some sun today but didn't notice any sign of water inside.

Can't seem to get a good picture showing the windshield gap inside and wondering if it's always been like that, and if others have the same gap.

Looked on the roof above the front windshield but didn't see any noticeable penetrations. There are several spots where it looks like it's detaching and wondering if this may be where moisture gets in if the roof gets saturated enough.

Do I need to pull the existing bond or just add additional goo over it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	285431   Click image for larger version

Name:	WIndow.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	285432  

Tags